Dragonflight is the worst expansion I've ever played

Well, when someone posts saying they like BFA the usual AntiBliz crowd harasses them into shutting up.

Here’s the thing. In the real world, a person is more likely to complain than offer a compliment. The people enjoying DF are typically in game. The people that don’t enjoy DF apparently have nothing else to do in their life besides sit on the WoW forums.

You know what I do when I don’t like a game? I move on and find something I like. Apparently if you dislike WoW you are obligated to chill on the forums for 10 years and make sure everyone hates it as much as you do.

1 Like

Yet, you’re the one posting on my thread. And no, I simply don’t value the lives of worthless scum that plagues 90% of this world. And unlike the worthless trash that spends their whole life in their mother’s basement playing a game all day, I actually have a life outside of the game. And losers don’t have ASE certifications. But I doubt you even know what that means since it has nothing to do with the game. And the things that I have or have no done in the game have nothing to do with my ability to play the game. But is more attributed the the amount of time I choose to play the game.

Nah… Been here with WoW for a long time. I experienced something where I used to be okay on a certain area but after a patch when I went to the same area, it crashed. I could neglect it but my guild keeps coming back to it then becoz there’s a World Boss on it. The whole guild was there… no issue. Only me had an issue.

I did something not pleasant but I know it would fix it. I uninstalled the whole WoW and reinstalled it. It got fixed. Somehow, maybe when it was patched, it got corrupted. Just reinstalling it fixed it.

I installed gazillion games on my lifetime. I would say 99% of them were perfect. But there’s 1% it wont. I just got unlucky on some rare occasions but due to my experience, I have resolved everything. There’s no game I installed, I was not able to work. It could fail 1 time but I was able to fix it.

In your case, everyone is doing Storm’s Fury except you. I have done Storm’s Fury 3 to 5 times a week with 20 to 40+ people every time. DOnt tell me, it’s the game, it is your system issue.

Good luck.

You’re ignorance lies in the fact that you haven’t seen what the last few expansions have been; BFA was reviled for it’s shoddy writing and the myriad systems that it stacked tirelessly one on top of the other only to abandon them patch after patch. Shadowlands was much the same but also had a BBEG who was just utterly devoid of identity or clear motivation.

So yes: you lack knowledge of how the game has been while you were off doing whatever is in point of fact ignorance.

Again, I never said I hate the game. I just don’t care for the current content. And that is my opinion to which I am entitled. I choose to main a dracthyr simply because I love dragons. I just don’t care for how the devastation evoker is designed. It’s lacking in a lot of ways and is still getting a major nerf in 10.1. grinding m+ for a measley 200 valor per dungeon is not fun. Grinding those same dungeons for a 40% of getting a piece of gear is not fun. Getting a piece of gear that I don’t need from those same dungeons is not fun. Running a raid and not getting a single piece of gear is not fun. Filling out the vault and not getting a single piece of useful gear is not fun. If m+ gave a piece for everyone and valor scaled with key level, I would find it far more enjoyable and worthwhile. It just took disappointing not getting rewarded for effort spent. The game is and always has been best on gear progression. And I’m fine with that. I’m fine with the gear needed to progress seems unobtainable. The state of the game as is, is completely terrible when it comes to gear progression. It was far more easier to progress your gear in WotLK and Cata than it is now. Which, in my opinion, make DF the worst expansion I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

You are describing how WoW has worked for what. A decade? More?

So to say that DF is the worst expansion you have ever played for things that have always been present in WoW is just a bit dishonest…no? Because it sounds like you never liked WoW. Because WoW has never given you what you are saying is not fun in DF.

And those not fun things? They existed in SL. They existed in BFA. They existed in Legion. Etc.

WotLK had the same exact not fun things as DF. Outside of having fewer options to gear up.

Key word “your mage”. Mage is awful at the moment and there is no sign of this changing any time soon. I also recently came back from a decade plus break, I also have mained a mage since vanilla. I have come to the conclusion mage is the reason the game feels soo bad right now, not the game it self. I also alted DPS evoker, it is almost as bad as mage. I think because most people have played the last 10+ years, the diffrence was subtle. But like you, when I came back, I was shocked how bad things have gotten.

Plenty of people that are in every thread that criticizes the game defending it, so hard to say that’s true really, in fact there might be more “if you don’t like it, leave” posters here than anything else.

So sounds like DF is an overwhelming success then!

Heads I win, tails you lose, I see.

Well. If the claim is that the large amount of threads/posters on not liking DF means its doing bad…

Then the claim that there is possibly more people posting in support of it must mean its doing good?

I didnt make either. If you feel this is a lose-lose situation for you, then you should revisit the premises. Maybe the number of threads/posts has nothing to do with the success of the expansion or people liking it?

The claim was that people enjoying the game are playing it and not posting on the forums actually…yet here you are.

1 Like

Yet, the topic of the thread is " Dragonflight is the worst expansion I’ve ever played" being as I have never played BFA when it was current, and only played the last half of SL, when everything was already open, that title still ringing true. So therefore, BFA and SL have no bearing on my opinion of DF. The ignorance is on those who experienced them expansions assuming that I share the same sentiment as them. Which is a false assumption. I leveled my mage to 60 in BFA content and found it enjoyable. I leveled my DH to 60 in SL content, didn’t mind maldraxxus and revendreth. But bastion, and Ardenweald were slow and boring.

This thing still going? Never thought such an opinionated piece would be this enduring.

Forum Poster: Blue is the worst color ever.

Forum Reponse: Everyone loves blue! If you don’t like Blue close your eyes and stop crying and ruining my enjoyment of blue! Reeeeeeeee!

Amazing.

1 Like

I am playing the game. So lets stay on topic.

Person A stated that DF is bad, and you can tell its bad by the number of negative posts.

So from this, we conclude that the number of posts is related to it being good or bad.

If you follow this up by saying there is the same, if not more people defending it. Then going by the previous statement…that means its doing good?

Or…as I was saying. The number of people posting (good or bad) has nothing to do with it.

Person A says that people enjoying the game aren’t on the forums defending or praising it.

Person A is on the forums defending and praising it.

I’m on topic, you’re continuing an argument with someone else, which I didn’t forward or participate in and am still not.

I’m sure that after a few decades of the same routine it all just kind of blends together though.

Ooooooh. I get it. You were being overly specific and taking comments out of context in a gotcha type moment.

I think its reasonable for someone to think I did not mean that every single person ever that enjoys the game will 100% avoid the forums. Of course I didnt mean that. You know this. I know this.

It was a general statement. You know this, I know this. That generally, people are enjoying the game, not talking on the forums when they like a game. Forums, historically, will attract more complainers than people complimenting. Thats Business 101 in any format of giving feedback.

So I get it. You just wanted to be overly specific to win. Ok. So you won.

I was not specific enough. I will try to do better. Since we all know. Being overly specific gets you those Ws on the forums.

Not really, WotLK had more engaging content. It seemed far more easier to acquire desired gear and had meaning quests and dungeons. The same goes for, from what I’ve experienced, the first half of Cataclysm. Running dungeons didn’t seem like an endless grind to get the pieces of gear desired. plus the player base was far more pleasant to deal with. Nowadays, everyone expects you to know everything with ever experiencing it.

1 Like

Example?

What was the gear progression for WotLK

We talking about that WotLK era still right?

WotLK was when Gear Score was brought out. It was also quite possibly the worst I ever saw the community in game.