Dragonflight is the worst expansion I've ever played

Has more things to do than WoD ever did/Shrug

Love replies like this.

Claims c
Specific part of content is bad

Then mentions that person hasnā€™t done that specific part of content since two expansions ago and has no idea how things have changed but itā€™s 100% sure things are the same.

Love watching all the people complain about no content being the people that have done the least. Barely any mythic +
Some normal raid. No Raz kills no pvp or barely any achievement points. Low ilvl 4 months into the expansion.

the main goal of the wow forum is to come here and vent frustrations, constant whining and or i quit threads

Agreed. The renown system sucks, the professions revamp suck, profession talents suck, the primal storms are terrible. Thereā€™s very little to do in the game. I havenā€™t logged in about 3 weeks because thereā€™s no point

3 Likes

Yeah, youā€™re right. WoD had no content.

Garrison Invasions, Apex Farms, Ashran, The Raiding and PVP, Mythic dungeons (wasnā€™t added till 6.3), mount farming, levelling alts, the Legendary Ring Questline, yeah, that was all nothing.

And what does Dragonflight have? Oh, some World Quest that happens to reset twice, maybe 3 times a week, the raiding, M+ and PVP, elemental thingies, and just levelling alts. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

So your basis for comparison is TBC and Wrath, which are arguable two of the better expansion? If you had been around for the other six, you would think differently about about DF.

Kinda sounds like you shouldnā€™t play WoW.

Games like WoW are planned out over a course of years. Your complaints today arenā€™t going to change the game tomorrow, or even next year. Design decisions have already been made, storylines have already been plotted out, and systems have already been built.

If your game experience is bad, and you are not enjoying the game, the nicest thing you could do for yourself and everyone around you is stop playing.

Then why are you posting on it lol

That sounds like a ā€œyouā€ problem.
Thereā€™s been literally nothing preventing me from having perfectly geared alts this expansion.

Then why are you complaining?

Please name some.

Events > Garrison Invasions

Renown > Apex Farms

3 Likes

Fingers cross for D4 being a gg ><.

I like how you posted this on a max level worse hero class ever toon

So in reality, the only expansion youā€™ve ever truly played start to finish when current was BCā€¦

1 Like

I like Dragonflight a lot personally. I totally feel where your coming from though, shadowlands and bfa (and most of legion) was not as interesting to me as all the old content was, which was kept me around through it all. I dunno, after so long the old content can only take you so far until your tired of it too haha. Maybe a time for break or even try some different type of content to freshen it up if thereā€™s something you donā€™t normally play.

LOL

you miss 80% of the history of the game and come in here all ā€œtHIs Is tHe WoRsTā€

ridiculous

6 Likes

The only thing superior is the rate of travel. Regular flying gives you more control over the mount. And you can sit there and hover. If they made regular mounts fly at almost 900%, I guarantee you that no one would care about dragonriding.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of where Iā€™m at. What makes me like DF as much as I do is the fact that vertical quest design returned. I donā€™t feel bored playing the game since I find the raids and M+ challenging.

I have some complaints (see: mage class design) but theyā€™re pretty small compared to bfa and shadowlands.

What I really want is more quests and story, and I suppose thatā€™s on the way. I think more quest density in general helps expansions like these.

Again, my biggest take away from DF is that theyā€™ve rebuilt a lot of the game from the ground up and the time spent on doing that had to come from somewhere, so it makes sense that it comes out of world content given the importance of raid and M+ to end game.

Further, a lot of the changes to the gameplay (IE the renown system) are there expressley because people complained about mandatory grinds, gating and other ppet peeves they were reduced so that people didnā€™t feel compelled to do everything on 4-5 alts a week.

Further, complaining about Itā€™s state in comparison to previous expansions is perhaps disingenuous owing to the fact that peopleā€™s memories are likely colored by what the game was like at the end of the expansion as opposed to the beginning; BFA and Shadowlands were both pretty lacking in compelling content in the early going and it wasnā€™t until much later that the game was opened up and given room to breathe.

So Iā€™m going to give Blizzard some time to see what they can do with this; if Iā€™m still waiting for compelling content in 8 months Iā€™ll be pissed but for right now? Iā€™m pretty happy with the game.

Trading post, took half a week for mine to work

No. wotLK. I started in BC, but didnā€™t really get into the game until WotLK.