Dragonflight feels like the Alliance getting a "happily ever after" moment

That entirely depends on whether WoW will last long enough for Microsoft to care to make new conflicts/new villains. With the World Soul trilogy lasting us until 2030 and the fact Blizzard is making a new Survival MMO, maybe Blizzard is closing these chapters because they are planning on ending WoW and want it to end in a positive note.

Heck, with the elemental wars likely the next stop after Last Titan, we might not be visiting old places in WoW for a long time.

The merit or demerit of the story lies solely with Blizzard.

2 Likes

I am happy with the ending for the nelf stuff, I mean it was bad that malfurion got boxed for nothing but the ending was nice

the worgen stuff was rather short but other than that pretty much hit all the things it was probably gonna hit, wish the forsaken wherent there but it is what it is

1 Like

Hate to burst your bubble, but that was NEVER what Blizzard promised. We had a pretty good idea what Worgen were all the way back in Vanilla in the Duskwood as well as in Shadowfang Keep, this did not change when they made a return in Wrath. They were sure as hell not Lon Chaney retreads.

2 Likes

Pretty much my view on the Gilneas reclamation. And now that I think about it, it does feel about as long as the event to retake Gnomeragan.

I do find it funny that theres so many worgen/undead players that get mad when the story treats the curse as a curse

1 Like

thats bad tho blizzards got to stop half baking it, specially when it was something both factions got to do

Blizzard created a Playable Race called the Worgen that was the Kingdom of Gilneas + Werewolf Curse

That is the Chosen Fantasy a player buys into when picking Worgen.

That is the Chosen Fantasy Blizzard is promising and sets up through that choice.

You are wrong.

5 Likes

Who the heck is Lon Chaney?

I agree that I wish it was long but right now there is no use about crying about spilled milk. It is what is.

This is how you keep getting slop lol, people should complain about the story till blizzard gets it right like the nelf stuff

a curse that was always said to be bad in the story and your getting made that the story presents it as bad lol

Your version of the “player fantasy” seems hellbent on ignoring the “Kingdom of Gilneas” part. That is what Tess AND her father represent together. which means that the Gilneans that are still Human are as much the countrymen as those with fur on the backs of their hands.

That’s the fantasy anyone playing a worgen signed up for.

2 Likes

I’m pretty certain Blizzard knows that people dislike it was too short but considering the candance of WoW’s content I suspect they didn’t have as much time to add more quest/try to make it more epic. I enjoyed what I got and I’ll take it over Shadowlands anyday.

My sweet YOUNG summer child.

Google him.

2 Likes

This, the story of the worgen was always going to be about struggling with the curse, even after accepting it for what it is, they where never going to go around trying to turn everyone into worgen

1 Like

Genn is no longer ruler.

He is a character sure. He will likely feature in TWW cuz Muh Anduin (ironic that he hands the kingdom to his daughter to free up his schedule for his fake son lmao).

But the WORGEN Heritage Quest literally concluded “Worgen curse bad, we will let the curse die out, I will not accept the curse”, directly contradicting the Chosen Fantasy summarized with “our curse is our greatest strength”

And this questline, a supposed follow up, had not one moment of “Cool Werewolf Moment”

Not one.

And even after the questline, most NAMED characters are in their human form (save for Crowley and Celestine iirc and one other trainer), and all the other trainers are in their human form.

Blizzard is actively pushing that “Worgen”-ness is Bad and nobody wants it and they are letting the curse die in the narrative and etc.

The Player is punished by Blizzard for their fantasy they were sold by Blizzard

8 Likes

I’ve watched a crap ton of werewolf movies. If you wanted your “Cool Werewolf Moment” wasn’t that cut scene where you were tearing your friends apart it?" Not even Forsaken got a “Cool Zombie Moment”. I don’t recall my definitive “Cool Night Elf Moment” either unless the one time I got a questgiver speaking Darnassian at me counts.

But nah tho.

Your vision focuses solely on that and ignores the worgen part. Worgen players want the two integrated; that the kingdom of Gilneas and the worgen are both part of the same whole.

And that means not focusing on either one as an inherent negative. While the words spoken by NPCs are that being werewwolf bad, the actual play of the worgen start zone makes clear that many more lives would have been lost had the Curse not also gifted the cursed Gilneans the strength to fight back. This is furthered in, hilariously, the forsaken quest experience, where the worgen are able to fight back where normal humans cannot.

Throwing that latter part away to just focus on “curse bad, Gilnean good” is diminishing the racial fantasy as much as, say, if night elves ignored their entire history of druidism to focus solely on the priesthood of Elune.

12 Likes

This is never seen unless you play horde so i dont view it as part of the worgen story blizzard wanted to tell

So how exactly does that require Tess to become a worgen? She’s still Gilnean, still a Greymane. She working with her father IS that integration. We’ve not actually seen that much of the Human Gilneans in action, this is that rebalancing.