Dragonflight feels like the Alliance getting a "happily ever after" moment

The main complaint there seems to be that Tess has made a transition into a mature woman.

I have seen the worst of alliance fanatics on MMO champion. You are lukewarm.

3 Likes

The complaint is a non worgen is leading a population of worgen. It has nothing to do with her being a mature woman. You’d know that, if you paid attention to the actual complaints.

3 Likes

Then you really need to get out of the story forums because yes there is an entire thread right now about how “Girl boss” Tess has taken over from her father.

I dont think most people care she isnt a worgen.

Alliance: “Female leaders why?”
Horde: “Welcome to the club.”

2 Likes

Then you should be making your requests at General Discussion as this is the forum they don’t pay attention to at all unless someone puts in a conduct report.

The devs for very good professional reasons avoid this forum like butbonic plague.

1 Like

I don’t care what the troglodytes on social media have to say about anything. I don’t give those people the time of day, on principle alone.

8 Likes

Last time I checked, a Gilnean is a Gilnean whether they are howling at the moon or not. Tess is still a Greymane.

I’m not a worgen but the last time I did a 36 hour work stint I was howling at the stairwell a bit after midnight.

1 Like

Ignoring the blatant sexism in that. I want to point out the Alliance has ALWAYS had a larger female cast then the Horde.

I would also point out, Moira(a female leader of two races) will someday be replaced by her son. So this whole sexism nonsense is just that.

I expect Tess will just marry a worgen thus keeping the dicotomy of a male worgen leader and female human leader for Gilneas.

Tobias Mistmantle is my preferred ship for her.

One of the big complaints the Trekkies had about Discovery was the large female population on the bridge.

2 Likes

And last I checked, people want their race fantasy to remain intact. But that’s too much to ask for and a bridge too far some

2 Likes

Is the new definition of “race fantasy” whatever you like?

How exactly is Tess Greymane acting completely as a king’s daughter and Presumptive Heir SHOULD BE ACTING a violation of your race fantasy?

Worgens in the story still consider themselves Gilneans first and foremost, and that means that their national identity is more important than their furry one… especially since the furry side is a monster they have to keep clamped down.

1 Like

Not really. All original leaders of the allied nations were white and male.

• Terenas
  • Thoras
  • Genn
  • Daelin
  • Perenolde
  • Magni
  • Gelbin
  • Anasterian
  • Lothar
  • Faol
  • Uther
  • Antonidas

First female leader of yours was a night elf.

1 Like

Last I checked, the majority of people didn’t pick the WORGEN to play a human with a condition. They picked the werewolf class…to you know, be werewolves. But god forbid, if people want a WORGEN…to lead the playable WORGEN.

But you and zerde love the garbage blizz puts out and you eat it up while asking for seconds, so these clown statements track

8 Likes

And that slowly changed long before WoW. In Warcraft 3 we ended with Jaina as our counterpart to Thrall. Jaina was effectively the de facto leader of the Alliance because we didnt even know the fate of the rest of Lordaeron until Frozen Throne.

Then time skip to Cata, we ended up with Moira then Mists added then Aysa. Then all of our allied races sans Mechagnomes are female lead.

Horde:

• Mayla
  • Calia and Voss
  • Talanji
  • Thalyssra
  • Geya’rah

are just the newest addiitons. And since we don’t have dual leaders it is normal that your females stack since Blizzard ignores us or uses replacements who nobody knows.

1 Like

That, right there, is your problem.

Blizzard wrote the Worgen that way with the Worgen Heritage Questline.

Rather than the Chosen Fantasy of “our curse is our greatest strength”.

7 Likes

Tons and tons of longstanding loose ends are getting tied up after years (in some cases DECADES) of being left in the wind. This is an excellent thing. But I’m not sure I’d call it “happily ever after.” It’s more like they’re wrapping up and paying off the old ideas, so that we can finally make room for new ideas. It’s time for new conflicts, new villains and new adventures. Of course, they can always revisit them if they have a really good idea, like a “Restored” Westfall or whatever. But it’s good to get all of this out of the way.

1 Like

Luckily I can hide your posts.

2 Likes

Good on you.