Dragonflight and PVP ilvl

LOL

You’ll see.

We said the exact same thing going into SL.

1 Like

If by “we” you mean a tiny % of people who like rating gates.

The vast majority said otherwise once it was clear they were not bringing back WoD gearing.

2 Likes

By “we” I mean every single person I spoke with leading into Shadowlands, from guildmates to other people’s WoW community discords, to general/trade chat and even on these forums. Almost every single person, from the casual only does bgs once a week to the gladiator players who play daily, said SL would be an amazing PvP expansion thanks to the return of PvP vendors. Rating gates is not the only reason PvP this expansion sucked.

Even now, when I ask my friends and the other people I play with what they felt was the biggest issue with SL, rating gates on gear hardly ever comes up. The biggest thing that comes up is how fast ttk is.

1 Like

Exactly.

For me, the biggest complaint I heard was the amount of non-pvp work you had to put in just to get yourself ready for pvp.

1 Like

If by social, you mean reading a thousand boosting and lfg posts in the trade chat while waiting hours to form a regular battle group that will end after a single bg…

Then ya. It was a very sociable expansion.

1 Like

Yes, like I said:

People were expecting the vendors we last had. The ones from WoD.

If you recall, PvP gearing was not even in the SL beta until like a week before launch. Once it was revealed, pretty much everyone knew it was going to be a flop.

It is no coincidence that this is likely the lowest PvP participation (by both absolute number and %) ever in the history of the game.

DF participation will be much better because of the PvP gearing. The rest of the changes will help out too I am sure.

1 Like

LOL

People argued PvP was going to be better in SL? The few who did probably stopped playing SL. Consensus was that SL PvP was going to suck and it sure does.

1 Like

Is there an echo in here?

You’ll see. Bookmark this and check back in 6 months.

6 months? You’ll be gone in one month.

I thought no one ever left this game according to you?

“And yet you’re still here”
^ seems like all you say lol

and now, I say the game will be good and you reply with:
“You’ll be gone in one month”

You definitely need to take a brake from these forums.

1 Like

That you do, lol.

This was my largest complaint and Im someone who likes gear mattering. I hated having to do Torghast and having to grind to Revered in Zereth Mortis just for my legendary. Also lets not forget being required to finish Covenant Campaign in the very beginning on every single alt.

1 Like

Oh I don’t do alts, lol. No time for that. But yeah I get it.

jeez you should be obligated by law to put a TLDR at the end of a huge post like this man

And yet you continue to comment exactly as if you never read my post. Please, stop replying to me, or read my post and then reply to me. Replying to me without reading my post is a waste of time both for me and for you, makes no sense and is annoying.

1 Like

How many times do I need to read it?

You did get this information wrong, see my earlier reply about it: Dragonflight and PVP ilvl - #60 by Lastarria-emerald-dream

And most everyone else cannot believe they got it so wrong in SL.

The opposite experience of the vast majority of players. You can check the forums for the last 4+ years as a reference. The last 2 years in particular, since the reintroduction of rating gated gear.

Because they thought they were better than the thousands of posts asking for WoD gearing back. In short hubris.

And look at the result. the lowest participation likely in PVP by %, and also likely the lowest general population of all time for a warcraft expansion. Ignore the players about PVP gear, alt unfriendliness, borrowed power etc, and this is what you get.

What we have in SL PVP gearing is the worst idea they have had, and the lack of people PVPing is proof. The massive outcry against it is proof.

You are so out of touch I can’t even believe it. Try thinking of people who are not in your specific situation or who are not motivated in exactly the same way as you.

Well, next expansion you will be.

You will have to win using actual skill then.

Like I said earlier,

DF is leaving this crappy system behind, and it will pay huge dividends for the people who love WoW PVP. Your take is short sighted, and way off base in terms of what the vast majority of players want.

3 Likes

It’ll always boggle my mind how there are people who know World of Warcraft is a game with character progression yet somehow think that PvP is going to include none, even though from the very beginning you start at level 1 gaining power from every level and stronger pieces of gear you get.

Where in someone’s mind do they think, “surely, when I engage in PvP, I’ll be equalized and we’ll be on an equal playing field.”

I just want to say that Shadowlands PvP gearing is pretty similar to Wrath of the Lich King PvP gearing, in the sense that there’s honor gear and then there’s arena gear that is locked behind rating. Shadowlands is similar because the Conquest gear you can get from rated PvP can be upgraded so long as you have the rating.

And yet, Wrath of the Lich King has a ton of people doing PvP. It’s more lively than retail. I would argue that Shadowlands PvP gearing isn’t what’s causing decreased participation in PvP, it’s just the fast paced combat.

Except in War Mode, I’m glad gear will still matter.

And it’s funny, the same people exclaiming, “skill to win” are the some folks who won’t do any rated PvP still next expansion despite it being “skill to win.” and gear being somewhat equalized. :roll_eyes: