Dragon riding is going to the old world

Do yourself a huge favor and go get all the glyphs, its an absolute game changer

1 Like

Gatherers exist. Dragonriding is bad.

See above. Bad opinions are bad.

3 Likes

I never wanna use old flying ever again. Looking forward to dragonriding being enabled everywhere.

2 Likes

Go bot somewhere else. I have no issues with gathering on a dragon mount.

Sounds like a skill issue.

1 Like

Typical response from a dragon gliding troll bots have been around forever even with your precious dragon gliding not everyone can do dragon gliding as well as others can but the GD bot trolls only want to stroke their egos.

4 Likes

What?

You having a stroke, m8?

i dont see anything on wowhead about this.

wowhead is also unofficial. /thread

2 Likes

so you’d rather slow-walk than take a portal?
uphill both ways in the snow?

typical response from someone with so little expansion experience, that they think dragon riding is “gliding”.

3 Likes

Ever hear of a forum alt to post on my main is level 70 with all dragon gliding glyphs and knows how to use the dumb thing as for calling it gliding consider it a response to the trolls calling regular flight swimming.

6 Likes

I feel like when/if they do expand dragonriding (or a similar type of system to the other expansions) that they would first need to revamp the zones. They would need to increase the total size or “foot print” of each zone as well as add a lot of vertical height/depth (otherwise you would fly through/across zones in like 5-10 seconds at top speed)

But it sure would be great to see all the zones get revamped with dragonriding in mind.
A lot of prominent/iconic zone features being scaled up in size, detail, variety etc… things like:

• forts
  • keeps
  • walls
  • mountains
  • trees
  • outposts
  • towns
  • cities
  • capitals
  • castles
  • dungeon/raid entrances
  • overall graphical updates/improvements
  • canyons
  • rivers
  • waterfalls
  • caves
  • etc…

It works perfectly fine as is without any major zone redesign, Dracthyr can fly in the old world using Dragonriding method right now with their Soar racial, and it simply makes it faster not breakneak.

Getting to the northernmost flightpath in Highmountain from Legion Dalaran takes ~4 minutes by master flight regular flying, and ~2:30 by Soar, getting to the Broken Shore main hub flightpath from said Dalaran takes ~50 seconds by master flight regular flying, and ~30 seconds by Soar.

Yes regular dragon flying is a bit faster then the Soar racial, but not to the level that anything has to be redesigned for it. Also many still travel old zones by ground, or will not use Dragonriding for one reason or another, so redesigning old zones to be any significantly larger for it is incredibly unlikely.

Your opinion ABOUT your opinions is noted.

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Generally speaking, those who dislike Dragonriding are those who are fairly lazy and miss being able to just autorun in a general direction then go AFK or alt-tab out until they reach their destination. To those folks I say that if you want to be able to AFK en route to a destination, Flightmasters still exist. Though I must say I find it rather strange that folks would much rather take longer to reach their destination using their regular flying mount as opposed to actually playing the game and interacting with said game while Dragonriding. Like, 310% max speed doesn’t even compare to 830% max speed, so the only thing that makes any sense to me is that folks miss being able to afk for 10 minutes at a time as they’re flying to wherever it is they need to go. With a max upgrade track its impossible to completely run out of Vigor as it is, so complaints about the “stamina” system isn’t even valid complaints. Like, I can spend 5 vigor to fly up the side of a mountain, and then by the time I’m even halfway to where I’m heading my vigor is already at max again.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, people who construct arguments like this have the reasoning capacity of hamsters.

8 Likes

sure.
this character has been my “forum main” for about 15 years.

i’ve never once seen anyone refer to regular flight as “swimming”… but after zooming around on a dragon for a few months, it makes me appreciate what we’ve been given.

regular flight is more like swimming …in marshmallows.

is she wrong?
…even hamsters can be right sometimes.

1 Like

Now I want to swim in marshmallows!

2 Likes

oops, i fell… and now i have to eat my way to safety!

1 Like

Haha what a pitty! That would be a terrible thing to have to do. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

And yet you cannot even construct an argument as to why I’m wrong.

Dragonriding is faster. Full stop. By an order of magnitude, no less. Dragonriding’s drawback? It forces players to gasp! play the game. Therefore, the folks who exclusively want regular, slow flying to return are the same people who just want to go watch YouTube or something while they wait for the slow autorun to get them to their destination. There’s no other reason why someone would want slow flying.

1 Like

Ever hear of motion sickness or maybe someone prefers to fly slower due to physical or mental handicaps or maybe they just like the slower flying because we had it for so long players are used to it. Ever think of other players and not your selfish self I doubt it the way you are acting like a typical GD troll dragon gliding cultist.

6 Likes