Dragon riding is going to the old world

Very normal reply.

To be honest I am not surprised at all about this, I am surprised however that they haven’t made regular flying available in the Dragon Isles yet.

1 Like

Insulting people who don’t like what you like because you cannot comprehend why people might not like what you like is stupid and intellectually lazy. There’s your counter-argument. Enjoy.

This is not important to some players. The speed comes at the expense of being able to use the mounts they would prefer. Full stop.

You happy with that? Fine. Mind your business.

And those players do want to play the game. They are interested in what they can do at the destination, not the commute between destinations, which, up until 5 months ago, Blizzard never gave a crap about, either.

And there’s clearly parts of the game you have opted to skip the hell out of given the choice, too, so try not to pass out from all your gasping. What’s your excuse for not wanting to play those parts of the game?

I GOTS TO GO FAST. THAT’S ALL THAT MATTERS.

You’re a sociopathic child.

5 Likes

That is its ONLY advantage.

Utility. Greater control and maneuverability, especially in dense terrain. There are instances where it’s simply TOO fast; one can be past a node or objective before realizing it.

Lack of hover. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to scope out a landing spot or observe an area before having to faceplant into it.

Using AFK as the primary reason for disliking dragon riding is a lazy excuse.

Oh yeah and there’s also the bit about having a whole bunch of other mounts I might like to fly with aside from just the 4 new drakes.

Not everyone needs the speed. Like the panda says… Slow down. :sunglasses:

To be clear, I don’t hate dragon riding. I just want the option to have it and legacy flight side by side.

8 Likes

Does not confirm anything until it’s on the PTR. Wowhead is not official.

Edit: Sorry but as a very long time player, I will not be hyped up by third party sites again. Until its a blue post or on the launcher, I’m disregarding it. With Blizzards track record on most everything in the last 8 years, I advise everyone else to do the same.

4 Likes

There here is the developers words that is going further past Dragonflight, that has been linked multiple times in this thread

How is someone asking why they’re wrong, insulting?

Do you not think it’s insulting when something has a name, yet someone who dislikes likes the thing chooses to invent an inappropriate name for it, in order to mock the activity and get a rise out of people?

Where does an action like that stand on your list of “stupid and intellectually lazy”?

When someone chooses to be insulting towards others, I’m pretty sure it IS their business.

Flight racing has been in the game since TBC.
…a tad more than 5 months ago.

You don’t HAVE to go fast…
you can go super slow, there’s no law which says you need to be at top speed all the time.

I guess you didn’t read the link…

While this could be a simple easter egg, it’s also fun to think that this might be a subtle message from the developers. They’ve frequently discussed the success of Dragonriding and their interest in carrying it forward beyond Dragonflight, in which showing the flight trainers embrace the idea could be a playful indication of their intent to expand the system to other parts of the game world.

The problem with going super slow dragon riding is then you tend to fall out of the sky. If you hit spacebar or an ability to stay up then you’re suddenly going too fast again.

Legacy flight would be far more useful in that situation.

That’s why I’d like to see the option for both.

6 Likes

Okay, but that’s just you though.

It’s also me, but at least for myself I wouldn’t say we should disallow those who DO like DR to do it in old content. To each his own.

1 Like

He literally posted source in op.

1 Like

what is a tardis?

Let me translate.

“I’m lazy”

1 Like

you don’t get to declare yourself correct on anything based on the virtue that your opinions are ‘facts’. didn’t we get over this kind of arguing when we entered middle school?

I’m glad you felt attacked, it says so much about you.

I still prefer using a mount that doesn’t need to be babysat or else it will poot to the ground.

6 Likes

Lol go bot somewhere else? The confessions of a bot right there.

Things that never happened.

5 Likes

You have to vote when they tell you to. Cmon now.

Stop trolling, its obvious and no ones falling for it.