Dragon riding is going to the old world

Then let us use our older mounts with the same mechanics.

The vote took place inside his head. It’s very exclusive.

I’m not willing to have something boring over something like that. If they are a suspected bot I report them. If they are just a multiboxer, I leave them be.

They now have just learned to teleport with DR.

2 Likes

To be very specific, if you ascend while aiming your mount in the direction you go exactly when you use the ascend ability, which is about 45 degrees, then after two uses you will be gaining vigor.

From there you will continue to coast for a few moments after you ascend each time, maintaining the vigor buff. As long as you have the recharge-vigor-in-5-seconds skill then you can ascend indefinitely while recharging in this manner. It is much faster than regular flight.

When in Nokhud you can use the updrafts (or anywhere else) combined with surge forward to get moving very quickly

I do hope they add dragonriding to all living flying mounts with wings as an option, but not lock us into it

1 Like

Flying, already exists in the worlds prior to Dragonflight. Dragonriding in the old world(s) would be an extraneous and unnecessary venture.

1 Like

More power to you! To each their own :slight_smile: I personally prefer instant cast flight form (2-seater at that), but that’s just me.

I also still see the Druid farming trains, they’re just all using Ride Along now instead of doing a flight form congo line :laughing:

ye, but antis wont undestand that

2 Likes

Wishful thinking but i would love it if they moved all animal flying mounts (with wings) onto the dragonflight system, and left the mechanical and magical like flying carpets and flying horses on the old flying system.

Visually it just makes sense, dragons and gryphons ect should be able to soar while flying carpets and gnomish helicopters though not ableb to soar like dragons but can hover.

3 Likes

get rekt kid

Because there are a LOT of people who cant dragon ride, and a LOT more who enjoy REAL flying.

This is the correct option.

1 Like

When we get it in the old world, I’d love to see some of the ‘fly through the rings’ mini-games scattered about.

That character is a troll who posts the same made up comments and inflamatory remarks to annoy people in most dragon riding threads, please don’t feed the troll.

Example of made up lies (there ever being a vote/poll, 10.2 being any said date about flying in any way, etc…):

8 Likes

I see so many hear bashing those that dont really care for dragonriding, the day they make it more “real” I will be a convert, before you bash here is my point. Take your dragonmount out and hover with it, flap your wings and stay 20 ft off the ground in one spot, maybe rotate around. OH, thats right they cant, every single NPC dragon in the game does it, why not the mounts. I like hovering over a target area for a minute to scout out an area and form an attack strategy.

6 Likes

I don’t even think the game devs understand this. Yes it IS their game, and they have the right/power to make it their way… but at the same time do they get the idea that as they chisel WoW down to their ‘one true perfect vision of how it should be’ that they’ll drive away everyone who doesn’t agree with that vision?

3 Likes

Exactly, they didnt come for a weaker form of flight, they came to train those weaklings how real flight works

3 Likes

Not trying to blow you up but i do believe that your veiwpoint is a bit reductive. Over the years moving from point A to point B has served the playerbase quite well. But with the introduction of dragonriding, travel has become active gameplay. Similar to how we must manage our Mana, Holy Power, Rage and any other combat resource we now have a travel resource to manage. Now i will say that both options have their place, after all flying mounts did not reduce the value of flight points. But i do think that the troubles youre facing while dragon riding are largely operator error. Given your brief description of the issues you have it almost sounds like you havent collected all of the dragon riding coins and/or havent invested those coins into your dragon riding skill tree. After all, there is an ability that will allow you to teleport back to your start point while on a dragon riding mount.

Nah. I’m more inclined to think that those trainers will be there to facilitate normal flying in the Isles. If that’s the case, probably no Pathfinder this expansion. Just pay the gold and you’re off, as it should have always been.

5 Likes

Cool by me. I :heart_eyes_cat: dragonriding. Just wish they could add old mounts to the system.

All ready in old game

sounds like you never did Cloud Serpent stuff.

:grimacing:

3 Likes

I’m pretty old, hoss.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

1 Like