Dragon riding is going to the old world

Riders of Azeroth huh

I don’t think so. I think going forward we are only going to be able to use the “gimmick flying mount” they offer for each expansion. We will no longer be able have original flying in new expansions.
I may be wrong but having listened to the interview four times I think I am correct.
They lost quite a few players when they tried to end flying some years back and never recovered their subs. But Blizzard developers (led by Ion) will not back down from the flying arguments.

1 Like

I sincerely hope they don’t make our flying mounts even more irrelevant. Either make every single mount have Dragonriding capabilities or keep Dragonriding to the Dragon Isles.

1 Like

#FalseInformation

3 Likes

…just because youre bad at it doesnt make it a bad thing.

All I care about is that there’s a possibility an expansion feature is going to be integrated into the world overall. Like, finally, there’s a chance we could keep what we earned moving into the next expansion.

The joke

You <----

Notice I said in April… what happens every year on April 1st?

You happy now? You missed the joke and I had to explain it.

i just hope they bind dragonriding mounts to a different set of favorite mounts button than ordinary flying mounts when they make dragonriding and flying universewide.

Dragon Riding has been a massive success and Ion has basically all but confirmed future expansions will be built with it in mind.

2 Likes

You are definitely doing it wrong then. You can dragonride to anywhere from anywhere on the isles. You can lunch from the lowest, flattest spot on the isle and fly to the highest peak without landing once.

Edit: My bad, I didn’t read further down yet to see you actually were having trouble with it. Glad others were able to help you out.

1 Like

You should look into the addon LiteMount. It’s one of the staples I’ll never play without

Dragonriding is nice but sometimes i like to go afk and watch a short video while im auto flying or taking a flight path.

Just adding another reply confirming the same thing the others have said. You’re bad at the game. It’s very easy to get the hang of but if you really need guidance then watch a video man. I think they should certainly enable both flying systems but man dragon riding is SO MUCH FASTER. And if you’re farming for ore or plants for example just start at the highest point on the map and gently glide down around that area. You can stop as much as you want and never need vigor to go back up until you reach the bottom.

O and you claim it’s just a flappy bird simulator? Maybe, but have you considered that for the animals who can fly, they have to flap their wings to gain altitude and speed…? Pretty darn realistic if you ask me!

gg

Jesus will you people stop piling on that poor gnome. They made that comment and have said multiple times since that he hadn’t known how much more glyphs drastically improves things, or the various tricks for Dragonriding (like aiming up when using Skyward Ascent). They have said they are grateful for those pointing those out to them without attacking them as this and the other posts have, and that they would be getting the glyphs and trying those things.

Adding this to my reply so hopefully it’ll show in the forum replies section to their post so people will stop attacking them because they haven’t read the thread.

6 Likes

Nah. I feel they’ll ad Dragonriding mechanics to all the old flying mounts. Hopefully we get that in DF and also get Dragonriding working in all the od zones.

For those having a hard time gaining altitude with dragon flying:

After your initial take-off, look straight up and then air jump again. Then level-off over the course of five seconds or so. You’ll build up another charge, then look straight up and air jump again. Repeat until you reach Argus.

1 Like

I’d prefer they only let dragon mounts use the system. All dragon mounts not just the DF ones. It would be a good start to giving mount families special abilities the way GW2 has. Check out their mount system, it is hands down the best and most fun around.

My dragon sometimes does that on its own. I must hit the spazz button by mistake.

I really don’t miss Druid farming trains… I will gladly ride the dragons to keep that away.

2 Likes

Every time I see a farmer with a passenger I get a warm, fuzzy, happy feeling knowing that the DF system is preventing this.