Dragon riding is going to the old world

I’ll believe it when it actually happens.
Im sure we’ve all heard things that were going to make it into the game and never did.
I welcome it in the entire game, personally, as long as it doesnt trash my mount collection and normal flying

2 Likes

I will really really really really really like this.

Like really.

If dragonriding could extend to our regular mounts that will be freaking awesome flipping around in my mimirons head.

1 Like

You actually can’t flip while dragonriding.

To do it with 1 energy I needed to get like 5 yards of elevation, but the principle is the same. 1 energy from way way way below Valdraken to the tallest peak.

I’m not able to insert links on forums, but if you go to streamable dot com slash “lq97nm” you’ll find the clip I just uploaded.

Yeah I suppose it isn’t a flip but the twirl thing.

https://streamable.com/lq97nm

3 Likes

So you didn’t do it from the lowest point, which is what you said, and you used water to give you a few more meters.

Yeah, I can do what you did, too. The point is you can’t do what you claim.

Sorry yeah 5 yards above the lowest point with 1 energy. :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

2 Likes

That is silly levels of splitting hairs, the video shows getting from a very low point with a few feet down from start to the tallest with one vigor. And if starting from a completely flat plain, simply get two vigor and one is good to go to get anywhere, even said completely flat plain to anywhere.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m aware of that. I’m not complaining about vigor. I’m pointing out the guy coming in with a “lmao if you can’t do this you’re bad” statement can’t even do the thing he’s talking about.

@ Bigflikker It was more than 5 meters, champ, and using water was the only way you could make it work. That’s called moving the goalposts.

1 Like

This is one of the most annoying comments on the forum. I wouldn’t have even responded to such nonsense when it would have taken a solid 8 seconds to find on your own.

3 Likes

Actual citation needed.

2 Likes

There is no citation because it was never said, they are a troll that simply repeats the same bit in most dragon riding related threads to agitate people.

8 Likes

Quote where I said that.

1 Like

Blizzard did say they were gonna touch up the old world so no doubt that’s the plan.

1 Like

You’re making up a limitation that doesn’t exist lol. I could take off the lowest point of the map in Waking Shores and fly directly to the highest point of the map in Thaldraszus without issue

2 Likes

You owe someone an apology.

2 Likes

I hate to be one of those people… but this sounds more like a player problem. Especially after all glyphs are obtained, DR from the ground up is very reasonable. I suppose it is a problem for people who want to stop and land every 4 seconds though.

So when you’re mounted on the ground, and have 6 vigor… what do you do next that makes it so you’re forced to land already so soon? Genuinely curious because I felt like this initially, but after the glyphs I essentially don’t even notice the vigor anymore. Even with just two charges I can get anywhere I need to.

2 Likes

This would be cool, but it shouldn’t replace regular flying. MMORPGs are all about options, and players should be able to choose how they approach flight—not be forced into one method. The choice of a slower, passive method of flight should be there alongside a faster, active method of flight.

5 Likes

I think all content should be available for everyone who enjoys the content. My problem is if Blizzard decided to remove old flying from the game and have nothing but Dragon riding. I don’t care for the system. So far in the expansion, I have tolerated using dragon-riding to get around. I find myself using flight paths when and where I can cut down on any downtime from sitting and collecting vigor. Hopefully, I can have a regular flying mount in 10.1 or the following patch. I love to farm, but not at all on a dragon mount.

6 Likes