Dragon riding is going to the old world

yeah, dude, you need to fill out the tree. Your recharge rate is 5 seconds after it’s fully filled out and you have 8 vigor. You can perma fly anywhere and they are also adding in a ground skim ability come 10.1 that will recharge vigor.

2 Likes

No it’s not. :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

There you go, confirmation (to Dragonriding continuing after Dragonflight, not the removal of regular flying that the troll above was going on about)

6 Likes

Angle your camera slightly up when you press skyward ascent then quickly angle it back to level, doing this twice will get you a lot of speed and as long as you have all the talents then you should now be generating vigor faster than you’ll ever run out of speed.

With 1 energy it does require some finagling early on to generate, but it’s the same concept. Skyward ascent to get speed, angle down-ish until you can skyward ascent a 2nd time then you should have enough speed that you can sustain while climbing altitude.

5 Likes

Thanks so much! I will try it out and equally importantly take the time to get the extra glyphs. I had a feeling there was an easier way to do it!

Thank you for this. So many people are unhelpful.

I’m not terrible at dragonriding but some days I feel like my dragon hasn’t eaten his Wheaties or something and I get no distance at all and don’t know why.

Will definitely try to do this.

And yes, the glyphs are really helpful. Gives you more wiggle room and the extra abilities aren’t a bad plus.

2 Likes

If you have not acquired all the glyphs, stop what you are doing, and go get them ASAP. They can all be done in like 30 minutes or so, use tomtom.

7 Likes

Man I hope so! It takes for-EVER to get anywhere with regular slow as molasses flying.

5 Likes

It would be amazing if they found a way to get dragon flying along side dragon flight in the old zones (maybe even over Silvermoon!!!) but that feels like a real stretch. That said it would be nice to get old flying back into the new Dragon Isles because sometimes I just love hopping a ride while I fold some laundry or do some dishes. Did I say exercise? No, no I did not. :slight_smile:

So if they just introduce old flying in the Dragon Isles that would be very much appreciated. I see in comments, some folks struggle with Dragon Flight and though it is fun for me and I love the races too, I can see how some may dislike it. I know some friends who can’t even play FPS games because they get motion sickness, so bravo if this is to help those folks too.

If just an Easter Egg? Well, use all this community discussion to consider trying to make these changes. I know old world to new flying is probably a coding impossibility, but maybe not. But I would really love to dive bomb into my old stomping grounds in Silvermoon to scare the blood right out of some old pals who first trained me in my professions. :smiley:

I hope so. Whenever I have to go back to any older area, regular flying just feels so slow compared to Dragon Riding. Imagine jumping from Mt Hyjal and dragon riding all the way down to Thunder Bluff.

In fact, what I would do is not only enable Dragon Riding for all of the WOW’s areas, but expand the system to other mounts as well… but not all of them. Leave some mounts with regular flying so the players can choose which to ride. Apply Dragon Riding mechanics to all the “organic” mounts (drakes, wind riders, gryphons, etc) but leave mechanical, magical (e.g. magic carpets or flying disks), and spectral mounts with the regular flying.

5 Likes

February 31st. So only people with access to a Tardis were able to complete it.

Removing regular flight would be a huge mistake I think. Both types of flying can live comfortably side by side.

:cookie:

18 Likes

Not really the point. The onus is on the one who made the claim to credibly substantiate that claim.

2 Likes

Or are you too lazy to read what’s in front of you? My lord the pettiness is unreal.

5 Likes

Ion pretty much said it’s in the works in his interview with Preach.

Hmm, I’d like to see how you do that on a flat plain starting at one vigor.

2 Likes

Awesome, this will reduce players that have issues with sparkly effects and fast moving effects. Just an overall better breed of players in the future. :grin:

1 Like

The burden of proof is on you buddy. Not us.

Actually, it is your fault. If ya can’t back up your own claims, then you’re saying it didn’t happen.

Ty Ahzrael, doing what OP couldn’t be bothered to do. :slight_smile:

Anyways so i gave it a read and it just looks like a simple easter egg or something. It seems like OP is pulling this out of thin air.

it’s also fun to think that this might be a subtle message from the developers.

Nah. It’s more fun to have facts then rumors. Sorry WoWhead. Imma check on PTR.

Edit: Alright, so those riders are just there on PTR as just background NPCs. At least that Fact is correct. Everything else that Wowhead and OP bought up are just unsubstantiated rumors.

2 Likes

Yeah because I imagine we will first hear about Azeroth Dragonriding from some rando on the forums.

Bro the day they announce it, it will be on the launcher.

I don’t think they ever said old flying was going to be removed.

4 Likes

THE reason they are doing this is to have standard issue flying trainers in DF content. There will also be new mounts available there as well.
The introduction of dragonriding in old content isn’t happening soon, even using Blizzard’s definition of Soon™.

4 Likes