Dragon riding is bad

“Dragon Riding is bad”

Your opinion is bad.

That is fair, though i am in favor of dragon riding.

No reason to ever delay flight at the start of an expansion. No reason to not give players a choice in how they want to fly.

I miss flight form.

I tired of seeing the same drake all the time.

DR is the gutted version of what’s available in GW2. Another half assed Blizz innovation (much like garrisons)

1 Like

Fun Fact: There’s a hummingbird on the seal of the American Helicopter Society.

1 Like

huh. Didnt know that. See… I learned something new today. lol

Two new features of dragon riding that I would like to see added at some point:

1. Hover - costs 1-2 vigor whatever, but you stay floating in mid air for 3 seconds, 5 seconds, something like that.

2. Pin point landing - as your hovering, you use your cursor to pick a spot on the ground and your dragon zips down to land there, would be a blessing for some of those annoying small areas with nodes, or mining nodes on the side of a mountain, where you have to land on the actual node if you want to mine it.

1 Like

you can already hover pretty decently and slow fall down, i dont see why you would really need to hover in one spot.

They should actually allow us to pick fly normally or dragon riding… I would choose the normal flying over this new thingy… all day.

7 Likes

They probably will tbh

While I agree that it needs a few more abilities, primarily involving finesse, it isn’t bad at all. It’s fast and fun. What it lacks, is the ability to “put on the brakes” when you near a target area to position yourself for a better landing. I’m not in the hover camp, but a nice “Braking Maneuver” ability would come in handy when targeting nodes or trying to land on a tiny spire.

1 Like

Bro your picture lmao

2 Likes

I bet if they added a “hover” skills that slowly depleted vigor people would stop crying about it.

Haha! Yeah, I made a whole thread over it. It’s called “I’m a gun!”

1 Like

Calm down, you can use your bot program with dragon riding now. No need to come here and say it makes you sea sick or anything.

agree the vigor aspect suck only for after you run out you glide to the ground and have to wait for recharge, even when you fly down to gain vigor eventally it will run out. Just wished they allow to keep flying at the height when ran you out.

I can fly forever im pretty sure, i gave up around like 30 mins. you just need to keep the wind infront of your Dragon blue and your vigor will regen.

2 Likes

Hover should slowly deplete vigor (you do not gain vigor while hovering like you do being stationary on the ground).
And I like the pinpoint landing but it should dismount you automatically, the number of times I’ve hit the ground and hit the ascend button thinking I had already dismounted has driven me nuts lol.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind one more ability that let you hover in mid-air for 1-2 vigor points. Otherwise… Dragon riding is one of the best additions to the game since M+.

INCOMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Yep it be just like that.

I still dont see why people need to hover in place in air?