Dragon riding is bad

Im about fed up here this.

Is it perfect? No

Is it for everyone? No

Do you want to go back to riding a ground mount for the entire expansion? Then at the end have to grind out a super long achievement to fly?

I know i dont.

26 Likes

Dragon riding is the best iteration of flying.

98 Likes

normal flying is bad and ruined the game from many stand points.

28 Likes

i do like being to afk in midair without havin to /camp though. and get up to high places without failing a few times (i suck and don’t even have all the glyphs yet)

13 Likes

If you don’t know how to do it, then it’s bad.

11 Likes

Outside of the people who may have medical issues. The rest that whines about dragon riding do so because of alternative motives. Because nothing in the game is more simple to master and is far superior to classic flight than is dragon riding.

18 Likes

I just want them to give all mounts the ability to dragon fly. I never want to use the archaic slow-flying ever again, but I do want to bust out my old mounts again.

28 Likes

I want to dragon ride with my regular mounts, otherwise I think it’s great. I don’t know if they would need to make changes to all the zones for it to work with dragon riding but I hope it happens at some point. Regular flying feels slow and boring now.

15 Likes

I’d quit like I did when they removed flying in WoD.

There’s no way I’d use a ground mount for a day with the terrain they’ve provided in Dragonflight. They need to have 3 or 4 arrows up or down on their quests, just up and down don’t cut it. It’s up, no, up more, still up, right up, oh, out of vigor, sucks to be you.

10 Likes

All they have to do is activate normal flight for players that don’t like dragon riding. It’s slower… literally hurts nobody but makes some players happy.

31 Likes

I’m disappointed, too. Disappointed that Dragonriding isn’t game wide~! It is so fun and natural feeling once you get skillful. It felt weird to ride “normal” mounts after a couple months; straight up, down, left, right. It was jarring. I’ll grant the author that when I first started playing, I found Dragonriding hard and unpleasant. But now I can’t imagine flying without.

Edit: The one thing I am annoyed with is the lack of hover. There’s lots of dragons doing it. I used to do it to take breaks so I wouldn’t be in danger.

10 Likes

i sadly have come to like it as when i am in old content i tend to try and swoop out of muscle memory sad i know but yes i would love a few dif model for DR as seeing the same bunch of mounts gets real old especialy since i have over 400 mounts and many have more

2 Likes

sorry am not into falling with style.

can wait to go back to old flying .

14 Likes

The biggest change that would likely needed to be done with old zones would be to scale them up… otherwise you pop surge forward while leaving Stormwind and end up zoning in to the Temple of Jade Serpent before the buff wears off… (Yes, obvious exaggeration is obvious)

The easiest method to add Dragonriding to old mounts would be to use a system that doesn’t often go well… Logic. If the mount can obviously benefit from it, ie: drakes, wyverns, gryphons, etc, then flagged Dragonriding, if not, like the rockets, flying machines, etc, then use the old system. Add a mount equipment to flag Dragonriding mounts to the old system, and leave the speeds where they stand currently. I’m not opposed to them simply turning on regular flight, but there should be no speed modifications to either system… and they need to retroactively roll Dragonriding into old content.

I’m also a fan of more dungeons and raids utilizing dragonriding, but I sympathize with those in the community who can’t dragonride… some have been kicked from groups for not being able to use it… that is a community problem, not a system problem… though for those who choose to refuse to participate… imagine in Wrath, getting into the Eye raid and refusing to use the vehicle in the fight, or Ulduar… similar concept… and some people hated it… but it was what was needed to clear the content

5 Likes

Dragonriding is fun and interactive. Better than flightpaths… it’s not great to afk half the time your playing.

I know that was half my experience of shadowlands, zooming through that weird “inbetween”.

4 Likes

It’s perfect

4 Likes

I absolutely love dragon riding. They did such a great job in its design. I’ve never rode a dragon in real life :smirk: but I’m pretty sure it’d be like this. Nice job Blizz. Now let us use our old dragon mounts this way.

6 Likes

Old flying is good. Dragon riding is awesome.

7 Likes

Just take the win guys as since last 3 expacs we were riding just a ground mount but this time no pathfinder :slight_smile:

And DF is awesome now if only we could apply it to everythere :thinking:

3 Likes

I love soar more it is better on controls then dragon riding getting rid of the cd would be great .

2 Likes