Dragon riding is bad

I am a fan of it… did you read the post? or troll?

You know nothing Jon Snow

you ever notice how if you pull up with dragon riding you slow your speed and gain lift?

For those that can and like dragon riding, that is great. I see people fly over all the time in game and think it is beyond cool to see.

I am kinda at a loss as to why there are people in the WOW Community that think people that have medical issues shouldn’t be allowed to play the game because we can’t/don’t play the way they believe we should have to play.

I would dearly love to be able to do dragon riding without getting nauseous every time, but after 2 months it is clear that I just can’t. So according to certain members of the Community, I need to go. I get it, can’t have medically challenged people ruining your gaming experience.

I don’t raid. I did LRF just to get the achievement. I don’t have the reflexes needed to accurately do the mechanics. I die in LFR because I don’t always get out of the fire/etc. quick enough sometimes. I definitely wouldn’t burden my guild with having to take me along on a raid because I wouldn’t be of any benefit to the group. I have done a few dungeons with my guild, because they invited me to tag along, and they have never told me that I shouldn’t be playing because I am “medically challenged.”

I am a solo player. I don’t bother anyone. I meander around, doing WQs, pet battles and anything else I decide to do. I don’t impose myself on anyone, but yet I shouldn’t play WOW because I can’t ride a dragon.

1 Like

When I first got to DF and had a few quests done I looked up Kelani’s Dragon Flight tutorial and went after all the glyphs. That got me all the vigors. Nice thing is that they are account wide so when your alt shows up you can just click your way to full vigor without going anywhere.

I despise regular flying (air swimming) now… if Dragonriding doesn’t become standard… I don’t even want to fly!

1 Like

I am curious and i am sure everyone is different, what aspect of dragon riding vs normal flying makes you motion sick?

Yes and you also gain a lot of altitude. I do that all the time as a “2nd best” way to slow down. The Blue Angles do that when landing. It also helps them go from formation to landing one at a time in line but again they have flaps to make it easier.

After doing that with your dragon and coming back down you gain speed again but not as much. Then I’ll circle a few times to slow down.

Of course you can always just point your nose at a landing point and crash. That should kill you but you don’t even lose any health. I can’t stand doing that.

Dragon Riding is fantastic.

2 Likes

so you found a way to slow your speed and slowly get to your destination, im glad!

Yes but I’d still like it if they added flaps. Or tilting your wings back like a bird which does the same thing.

why do you want dragons to have airplane flaps so bad?

It had nothing to do with art appreciation. It had to do with encounter design.

The LF- system completely bypasses all that art, too, and yet it never gets spiked on behalf of the poor artists’ feefees.

I want them to have flaps for the same reason airplanes have flaps. Flaps increase the camber of the wing creating more lift at the expense of creating more drag. Both are helpful when landing since it slows you down and increases your stalling speed.

Birds have the same ability but instead of flaps they rotate their entire wing back to create drag, create lift and lower their stalling speed allowing them to grab the branch with their claws.

I read this reason, it posted and it was from blizz. I dont agree with it at all. I hate riding on the ground and getting knocked off my mount by 1 goblin,

Watching anything that spins or moves too quickly left to right or right to left or descending rapidly causes me to get motion sick, which quickly turns to nausea. Stems from a severe inner infection I had years ago.

Being as dragons are a mythological creature I cannot say if they did or did not have aircraft flaps on them. I do however think that it would be ok to have a button that slows your speed.

They need to add a hover command for dragon riding.

Is it not possible just to fly slowly? make slow turns and land softly, then use your ground mount to continue?

Do I want the option for both? Yes