Dragon riding is bad

Offhand, I can’t think of an airplane that doesn’t have its flaps on the inner portion of the wing. Or that didn’t have its ailerons on the outboard.

That said there’s one way DR doesn’t mimic actual flight: you don’t lose energy in turns. You lose energy climbing and gain it descending, but I’ve done tight, slowly-descending spirals around the courtyard outside the AH, and could keep it up until I got tired of doing it.

Flaps and/or speedbrakes would be nice, though.

1 Like

The pro dragon riding cultists who want regular flight removed are out in force today defending their precious flying while being selfish and not realizing not everyone plays the same way they do what one player finds fun and engaging another may find tedious and boring.

These cultists need to stop trying to control how others play the game and just worry about themselves unless they are all just scared babies because at the end of the day dragon riding is just a gimmick and hate as I may to say it, but I am hoping Blizzard removes dragon riding after this expansion then those players who were bullied and belittled by you pathetic cultists will be the ones telling you to play another game and WOW isn’t for you.

Blizzard is going to enable regular flight and when they do isn’t anything you crybaby cultists can do about it.

1 Like

dragon riding is pretty fun. only problem is you have to pay attention. sometimes you don’t wanna pay attention while playing WoW though.

1 Like

Dragonriding is the best thing they have added to the game in a very long time.

2 Likes

dragonriding is the only form of flying to me.

nothing else matters, it’s way more fun. :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

i could care less about the glyphs i done got enough that mattered and if you honestly think people who want normal flying are gonna be worried about glyphs floating in the sky your nuts cause they done got what they wanted normal flying some of the excuses i see here are flat sad oh they gonna cheat get glyphs ya right oh you just bad at dragonriding sure i am maybe i just don’t like it lol. pro dragonriders are worse than ones always trying to get normal flying banned before dragonriding lol.,

1 Like

a fair assessment…
i don’t like the dragon gliders…
i can make it happen…
but it’s just something else to
deal with…
flying used to be a utility…a means
to an end…a convenience…
gliding is just something else to deal with.

1 Like

The only reason I miss regular flying is literally the ability to herb in my flight form, made so much gold in ZM on my druids, progenitor farming! Now with dragon flying and the talents its almost just as good with the 400% talent + i can use a diff alt to gather and keep my druids LW/Skinning! 5% pvp buff ftw!!

2 Likes

Dragon riding is bad and ruined much of the game for me. Can’t wait until the release regular flying and I’ll never touch dragons again. They are big and ugly and so tired of seeing everyone on the same mounts and they give me huge headaches.

Both need to be enabled everywhere at the same time.

2 Likes

Sorry what is your actual issue?

1 Like

yes…gathering is far less convenient with
the dragon-gliders…
the stop and go / expenditure of finite
enabling resource is not conducive to
relaxed gathering over morning coffee.

1 Like

cool, I’ll give it a shot :+1:t5:

2 Likes

the gliders are good for jetting across a zone…
but far less convenient for other applications…
i mentioned this at the outset of the xpac
and got piled-on by desperate fanboyzNgirlz…
oh well!

1 Like

be sure to toy around with the settings. You can remove that irritating circle entirely, size things and move them further out from the center…ie larger.
Also keybind it so you can turn it on and off at will so when you want the hud out of the way you can just bang a button.
Once its set up its great for farming nodes, etc.
REALLY great in group content if youre healing so you can see where your team is…or for keeping track of where tank is running to if you cant see them

1 Like

Forgive me, but it took me a few minutes to decypher what the heck you were saying with practically no punctuation in your entire reply…
I used Wrath because it was a large controversial change at the time. The current optics of Wrath is because the players who went to play it because of everyone saying how good it was started complaining because it wasn’t “modern” and didn’t have certain features which Wrath didn’t. It was the same with almost every facet of “Classic”, it’s not “modern” enough for players of the current game.

Pretty sure everyone has the option to unsub. If your argument is that they’ve already paid a reoccurring for 6 months or more, fine, but they can still unsub and still not play. Blizzard’s metrics to the board still relies on “active players” as well as “active subscriptions”. If the board sees, for example, 14m subscriptions but only 6m players, they’re going to ask questions that Kottick doesn’t want to answer.

Cataclysm had regular flying from the start. It was terrible. Some zones work better with flying, I won’t argue, but all Cata zones were accessible without flight (minus Deepholme’s airship and I think one point in Twilight Highlands). Flight has always been gated, and always had people complaining each and every expansion. Hell, flight wasn’t available til 70(68) in BC, and to get epic riding it still required a lot of other content, a degree of playing that would put pathfinder to shame…
This is the first expansion since Cata that they’ve added any semblance of flying prior to pathfinder or the like, so no surprise that it’s polarizing

Yes. It’s called pathfinder. Very few people are saying to -not- add it. Pathfinder will be added, probably sometime in about 8-10 months time, or longer. Being unnecessarily insulting doesn’t make Blizzard add pathfinder faster either

I do like Dragon Riding. But I believe everyone likes it because of the speed as well as I am able to touch buttons to go faster. However, when vigor is out it is quite annoying. Being able to use the dragonflying mount in dungeons would be nice even if its still grounded.

I believe the freedom to choose would be nice.

Its not the pro DRing sort who are the problem. its the nasty, elitist wannabe, foul mouthed sorts who attack anyone and everyone who has a problem with pretty much anything in this game.
DRing is just the flavor of the month for them right now.

1 Like

No they don’t but birds have a technique that is the exact same as flaps. Ever notice when a bird is landing on a branch how they tilt their wings back? It slows them down but it also increases lift lowering their stalling speed allowing them to grab the branch with their claws.

That’s exactly the same thing flaps do for an airplane, increase the camber of the wing which creates drag to slow them down while increasing lift and lowering the stall speed.

2 Likes

As far as flying versus DRing…

Flight needs some kind of propulsion to gain lift to get airborne.
DRing is actually more ‘flight’ than normal flight is, mechanically.
When you look at MOST bird species they dont hover like hummingbirds and normal flight mounts do. They are in perpetual forward motion while flying for most flying animals.
Most of them land when they stop forward motion…they dont hover.

We have bird feeders outside my door here and the ONLY birds Ive ever seen hovering are the hummingbirds. Every other species is moving in some direction in air whether its gliding or flapping its wings.

Both kinds of flight are fine. One is taking more work and attention to detail than the other. They should have enabled both from the start…and if they felt normal flight had too much advantage, then stop allowing hovering. IF the mount isnt moving forward, then it falls to the ground the same as DRing.
But at least the speed and motion wouldnt be causing some players so much trouble.

3 Likes

Dragon fllying is not that bad once you get more vigors, but when you first set out to fly it sucks.