Dragon riding is bad

I’m going to share my alternative motive now.
Are you ready?

I like to watch warhammer lore videos in the background, and when an add pops up I push autorun, alt tab to the other window, and click “skip ad” then alt tab back.

That’s it. There’s my alternative motive.
I think you meant ‘ulterior’ motive, but here we are.

1 Like

This is nearly required for at least 1 rare, and it’s extremely useful in getting gold on the advanced courses

This is what I don’t get. If folks believe that Dragonriding is the best method, why do they care if some other person is on their slow mount? WoW players seem to want to control how others have fun.

4 Likes

I can’t agree with this… and most people wouldn’t either if you realize just how small Azeroth is in the grand scheme of things… I’d argue the opposite, and scale all speeds down a little… sure, it’s artificially enlarging the game… but Hero of Azeroth or not, I shouldn’t be brisk-walking/jogging as fast as an olympic runner…

I can’t say I’ve found a -good- use for this either… and I am among the few that can largely stay airborne for hours unless I have to come down for a node, dirt, expedition pack, etc… what -is- the actual purpose to this ability…

For me, I don’t care, but the issue becomes compounded when the same people (not necessarily in this case) argue that regular flying has to be faster to compensate… no… it doesn’t… it’s a choice. If a player chooses to never buy basic riding and literally walk everywhere, then posts to the forums complaining that walking takes too long, buff walking… they’d be torn apart. Minus the medical arguments, people -choose- to not use dragonriding if they want to use the old system, when it’s implemented.

Most pro-dragonriders are so vocal because of how quickly a system like dragonriding would be canned with the wrong feedback. Dragonriding isn’t bad. Some people can’t use it, it doesn’t make it bad. Not everyone can drive, sometimes for medical reasons, nobody’s petitioning the government to remove cars.

2 Likes

i personally don’t care what you like. i don’t like it and will never like it. i unsubbed and will continue to be until regular flying is released. idc if they keep dragonriding but that excuse they used for not releasing regular flying is out the window now since they released dr we want you to experience the content so were groudmounting you well you experience less with dragonriding than you do with normal flying so i ain’t hearing that excuse from blizz no more. and ya i basically groudmounted the whole way thru leveling this toon basically pathfinder so where’s my flying blizz? the bs blizz spews out of there mouth gating things people enjoy is quite old in 2023 hence why i unsubbed congratulations blizz you made me unsub sooner in df than i did in shadowlands good job.

Dragon riding is pretty good. Maybe you’re bad.

1 Like

I myself was part of the No Fly No Buy movement. And this is also the first expansion that I’ve played through since MoP. Funny how that works.

2 Likes

getting glyphs makes HUGE difference…and it carries over to any alts so they don’t have to ‘re-earn’ the abilities

1 Like

i have no problem with it just don’t like it go away your just bad excuse maker sticking up for it. i went and got my glyphs blah blah blah still don’t like it and never liked it in guild wars hence why i quit that.

1 Like

I hope they never bring back old flying now that dragon riding is a thing. Let old flying die like all the old content.

2 Likes

Well I can think of at least a couple reasons why blizz won’t put it in right away. It would remove the difficulty of getting the dragon glyphs if you can just hover in and out of the spots they’re placed. Also the thing where you place banners on the peaks would be pointless. If you’ve tried it, then you know how difficult it can be to reach some of those places. Glyphs that require 4-5 vigor to reach would be too easy.

I’m sure they’ll add regular flying much later on however, they’re not going to render content that they spent time and resources on creating irrelevant just bc you don’t want to use dragonriding.

1 Like

You are free to do that. People quit during WotLK due to the talent tree revamp. People quit after Legion because artifacts were de-powered. People quit during BfA for various reasons. People quit going into SL because of the retconning and people refused to come back for Dragonflight due to being burned so many times. People quit all the time due to their disagreement with the game’s direction, mechanics, progression, etc, and it doesn’t invalidate your (or their) reasoning, but as strongly as you feel against dragonriding, you would have people cancelling their subs if dragonriding was canned, or if it goes away in the future. Same thing to Blizzard, a cancelled sub. I mean no offense, nor malice, but if they didn’t care about people quitting over the talent revamp back in Wrath, I doubt the people quitting over dragonriding because they don’t like it (again, and always excluding medical issues) will hit them too hard either

I’d argue that when pathfinder gets implemented, make it that the glyphs can’t be obtained unless you’re on a dragonriding mount, or unmounted (or passenger of dragonriding). ie: they can’t be collected via normal flying. If people don’t like dragonriding and “won’t use dragonriding”, this means nothing to them anyway

3 Likes

Must agree with the op…Not a fan of dragon riding.

1 Like

ulterior motives

1 Like

All you have to do there is require you to be on the drake to collect those. But I mean, it doesn’t really matter. Dragonriding is fun bc it is faster and interactive. I have collected all the glyphs and banners and I could care less if someone wanted to fly around and get them with regular flight. It’s just trading difficulty for time, which is fine.

If someone doesn’t like dragonriding then they won’t care about the glyphs anyway. If someone wants to use regular flight to make it easier to collect then go for it. Doesn’t effect me or other players in the slightest.

sure it’s amusing your using wrath when they were booming considering they can barely keep a couple million people subbed in 2023 if that we all know it was way less than that in shadowlands. if people actually unsubbed over it just like in wod sure they’d care but most people can’t unsub left playing wow me i could care less i’ll unsub anytime i ain’t happy for the simple fact they use dumb excuses like we want you grounded to experience content for how many expansions then releases dragonriding and gate normal flying lol.

2 Likes

You COULD do that but then what sense does it make to be able to fly through it on, let’s say any other proto drake, but can’t obtain it. Kinda silly at that point.

1 Like

My point is you’re talking about glyphs that are for a system that those people don’t want to interact with.

1 Like

you never realize how bad something is until you are presented with something vastly superior.

voila, dragon riding. best thing to happen to this game since sliced bread.

1 Like