Dragon riding is bad

Can you hit me up with a macro? The ones i use don’t work with dragonriding mounts for some reason and im particularly annoyed by them. I just got my old sequence macro for my DK to work again after several years and giving up on them. Even if i just put 2 mounts(1 DF, 1 Normal) in my favs to random summon it says “youre in the wrong zone” no matter where i am lol

1 Like

what about my motion sickness? I love long drawn-out grinds that are completely mandatory and have to be repeated several times for each character.

(ps. blizzard this is a joke don’t bring back pathfinder ty)

2 Likes

Get Farmhud from curse forge and see if that helps.
The Hud will help with spatial awareness than trying to watch the map or mini map

2 Likes

It disgusting. posted on an alt so we cant see who they are.

6 Likes

I hate it too.

How??
You are literally flying past things 3 times faster than real flying. Plus now that I have to micromanage every second of flight I can hardly afford to pay attention to the scenery at all. Moving 3 times faster with no horizontal restrictions while using real flight allowed me to see 3 times as much of the world as a ground mount.
DR COMPLETELY ruins my immersion as it really turns WoW into a flight Sim game. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

This is the DUMBEST post on this feed, lmao.
Flying mounts are relevant GAME WIDE, son…and have BEEN ABLE to be used In CURRENT UNTIL DF.

2 Likes

aww…how nice of you to sound so condescending

So so so so so happy for you, that you do not suffer from ANYthing that causes any issues…how nice for you.

meanwhile, I can ride the stupid dragons, but, after a short time, my head feels like it has an axe being slammed in to it.

I hafta do this too…and it sucks.

amazing isn’t it? The whole ‘do it my way, or you suck’ crowd is just…

I keep getting things to ‘customize’ the dragon (?) …but…I just learn it (get it outta my bags) & forget about it. Son’t care anything about dressing it up or whatever.

slower flying is fine with me. no mechanics I crap to deal with is fine with me, I just wanna be able to use my 500+ other mounts, a LOT of which fly, and a LOT I spent a lotta time to collect

3 Likes

Wrong

Take twona

Obvious bug… not intended design

Same as with old flying

Wut

If they allow regular flying in the game I want them to drop it back from 300% speed to 100% speed. If people want to be fast they should be forced to use dragonriding

I’ll take what DF offers for flight over no flight for a year.
Yeah, some of us can do it well, others cant. That part really sucks.
But the alternative is you and I having NO options but to run around that mountain range while Ion bombards us with mob after mob of time wasting world trash.
At least with this ‘compromise’ (insert big eye roll here) we CAN fly over things we need to.

My suggestion for now is to fly to cover the long distances, then ground travel when you get close to your target.
Again…it sucks, but its better than no flight at all till the content is no longer relevant.

1 Like

I don’t see how people can suck at it. I’ve flown around with dragonriding for over 30 minutes without having to land

3 Likes

lol you could use a barrel roll tech to dismount people that aren’t normally flagged for pvp into pvp and force dismount them? What crack are you on?

TF is twona?

These bugs have been in game for what? 2 months now? DF launched on Nov 28th right? Still not fixed. Still a big issue.

All you do on most the crap you post is troll bro. Please be quiet.

1 Like

Have you tried messing with the colorblind options? Even if you aren’t colorblind you may find that one of the options makes the rings ‘pop’ for you.

1 Like

Well, I can manage pretty much every other aspect of the game, so yeah, other than this one aspect, it is for me.

You sure seem full of yourself, to tell others that a game isn’t for them.

Just because someone has problems with dragonriding doesn’t mean they can’t excel at everything else in WoW.

1 Like

Won’t work because of how the devs landscaped Dragon Isles. A lot of it is impossible to get to with a ground mount.

My little brother had motor issues where he would have loved to play WoW, but in truth he might have only been able to play it using the new controller system… that said, he wouldn’t be able to do dragonriding… my opinion is still in favor of dragonriding (minus tweaks for the visual problems people are having)… I’m not cruel to my little brother’s condition, quite the contrary… I’d enable ride-along and help him do the things he’d have needed to do. That’s what family, friends, guildmates, etc are for. Oh, you need to go herb farming? So do I… let’s tandem.

This is the one I use. It’s an all in one for flying

#showtooltip
/run if IsUsableSpell(368896) then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563) end
/cast [btn:1] Infinite Timereaver; [btn:2] Sandstone Drake
END

Renewed Protodrake - 1589
Highland Drake - 1563
Windborne Velocidrake - 1590
Cliffside Wylderdrake - 1591

Modify the 1563 in the above macro with the mount of your choice. If you can dragonride, it’ll automatically select the mount you identify by ID, if you can’t, left click will summon “mount 1” or the Timereaver in this case, while right click summons “mount 2” or the Sandstone drake. If you hit the macro while flying, you dismount.

I’m copying the text from the macros cache, so I can’t -confirm- there’s no error but macros in that .txt is often output to the game as is, so it should work 100% flawless.
Oh, if you’re in Dragonflight and are already mounted, it will dismount you and mount a normal mount… be warned… and the only complaint I have is that it does minimize the mount animation on summon, but that’s due to how it’s calling the mount instead of just clicking an icon

I never said it was to be used over dragonriding. I said it still could be used.

lmao…wut?
Flying till you get close to your target works guy…I know…Ive done it enough.

Its grown on me and I absolutely love it except 1 thing…you can’t hover with it. Makes landing on peaks of mountains a nightmare. (theres achievements for planting a flag on the highest peaks) and trying to land in a specific place.

2 Likes