Dragon riding is bad

I just want old flying, but faster. I have some awesome flying mounts that I can’t use with dragonriding.

3 Likes

They would have to remove it from both herbalism and mining gathering trees.

1 Like

Imagine creating a beautiful work of art, you put that work of art up in a show room. To attract more people you put some food and refreshments at the other end of the room.

Now Imagine everyone RUSHED past the thing you worked super hard on and were proud of just to get the snacks. Would feel kinda bad imo.

They originally did the ground mount thing because the artists and devs felt like everything they worked on was being just flown past. Was it the right thing to do? Nooooo

I feel this is a nice middle ground.

1 Like

I’m fine with that. I don’t care.

Remove it.

Listen, these are dragons, then dont havr flaps.

Add a break button sure.

1 Like

Maybe wow isn’t for you. There’s no real difference between dragon riding and other forms of flying. Except one is faster and has a resource you have to manage.

Perhaps you need to play other games mate. It’s the least complicated thing to use

2 Likes

Its not hurting anyone. I can herb/mine while mounted and im not using a druid.

What IS hurting people are the myriad of bugs that are involved with the new flying system. Which can be alleviated almost immediately by switching to normal flying.

So everyone should be able to choose their style of flying at the end of the day.

5 Likes

I hated that part. And if you were actually going from one zone all the way to another non-Oribos zone, just go take a nap and come back later.

2 Likes

So some of us have visual problems that make it very difficult to dragonride. But I won’t complain about it (except this one time), I just won’t do any of the Dragonriding race quests.

Only thing that ever gave me similar problems before was Valithria in ICC when it was progression content. Similar issues with vision (as a healer).

3 Likes

I can’t stand “normal” flying after dragon riding.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the reason Dragonriding is going to be restricted is the way zones are stitched together, rather than seamlessly blending in DF. That is, it requires the older zone maps and associated content to be redone. For a simple example, consider that if you range attack flying mobs that are above, sometimes they land on an invisible plane and are unlootable. It appears in DF the geometry is rendered in true 3d.

1 Like

It’s fun as hell.

I want to hover though. I hate that I can’t fly idle.

2 Likes

Bro. I literally cannot see half the rings during races because they blend into the scenery. Yes lets have blue/green rings on blue/green scenic backgrounds. Then going that fast and having to take sharp corners eventually gives me a headache lol

4 Likes

There are parts of your post that I would disagree with, as it’s not an issue with dragonriding but the bugs that shipped at launch… perhaps if more bug reporting was done during beta and less “Oh look I got a key, time to spoil the entire story for the internet”, then we wouldn’t be in this mess… maybe. In fairness.

The keybind argument is resolved with a macro, pretty easy solution and doesn’t require a mod.

Bugs aside, the mount equipment is the cleanest solution to satisfy most parties, minus those who just want dragonriding to die.

This patch (today) includes more changes to hopefully make your condition less triggered, or ideally, not triggered at all. Really hoping for the best for you and people like you.

Just… no… I agree with the ability to use older/previous mounts, but the idea of speeding up regular flying is such a step backwards in the game’s evolution… if they want to keep both systems, they need to be uniquely separate otherwise path of least resistance kills the other. If you want to afk-autorun-fly to your destination, slow shouldn’t matter… you’re bingewatching Netflix anyway. Speed also doesn’t matter if you just need to hover “real quick” to step away

4 Likes

Again maybe this game isn’t for you.

Perhaps you need to play solo linear games.

1 Like

I love it! They need to put it in the entire game world. Let the player choose which they want to use at any given time.

2 Likes

perma blocked.
how DARE people with vision and motor skill issues be unable to dragon ride as well as you

3 Likes

People bought “mounts” that have flying abilities and now we can’t use them. Sucks that we can’t use them in DF.

2 Likes

You are laughing at people with medical issues. How cruel. Some of us with visual problems can play WoW but things like Dragonriding really challenge the visual issues that we have. You must be so lucky to be 100% healthy. Maybe someday you’ll experience disability yourself and understand what people with visual problems go through.

8 Likes

You can. In old content or on the ground.

Those mounts you bought are themselves old content.

By your logic I should be able to use gear from molten core to clear mythic vault of the incarnates.

1 Like