Dragon riding is bad

It’s not a fair comparison because Dragonflight was designed from the ground-up around having access to flying mounts day 1. You go through maybe two or three quest hubs before you get your first flying mount.

2 Likes

With how much I personally enjoy Dragonriding… I’d even go as far as to say that, if this xpac had no flying (or dragonriding) and we had to unlock dragonriding (and still no regular flying) I’d still be ok with it. Dragonriding (and this xpac) is the most fun I’ve had in WoW in close to 10 years

I agree that Dracthyr should be able to use their soar ability more, or at minimum, double up as dragonriding as a pseudo druid flight form concept… vigor and all… and would even jocky to say that, if a dracthyr is gliding for 2sec or more, it should engage dragonriding, swap the bar and let you go into soar mode

2 Likes

What they need are flaps. Dragons fly a lot more like real airplanes but real airplanes have flaps to help them slow down. They also lower the stalling speed. On most airplanes flaps are located on the inner part of the wing while the ailerons which control roll are on the outer part of the wing.

Birds will tilt their entire wing back to create the same effect. It increases the camber of the wings creating more lift at the expense of more drag which is just what you want when landing.

It would make all the difference in the world.

4 Likes

I disagree with pathfinder as its always in parts :frowning:

1 Like

What’s best about…

Pre-DF flying: Hovering, huge selection of mounts, and precise control (especially for landing).

DF flying: Zooming through the sky at 830%, crossing an entire zone in 20 seconds, and eventually being able to gather ore and herbs while still mounted.

Also…getting flying without waiting a year after the expansion’s release to jump though Pathfinder hoops.

3 Likes

lol /10char

2 Likes

I was replying to the OP’s proposition, perhaps go back and read it.

My only complaint with dragon riding is until I learn every crevice of the new zones I have to keep my map open or use tom tom just so I dont miss my mark to land at precise spots.

3 Likes

Or because people like different things. It’s wild how few people here understand such a simple concept.

4 Likes

Need a parachute on back to help stop it get the gnome on it :dracthyr_tea:

1 Like

Does anyone really think that dragonriding is going to remain a feature in following expansions? All I can say to people is don’t get too attached because the fall back down to your ground mount and PF is going to be painful.

People making the request that flying go away should understand that they are asking, practically begging, to have their mount collection cut down from hundreds to a handful because they want to frog hop instead. Weird.

3 Likes

Pull up vertical and slow your speed?

2 Likes

Dragon riding is GREAT. I highly enjoy it.

7 Likes

Do I want to go back to real flight for a fee upon level cap??
Yes.
DR being available from the get-go proved that the SOLE reason we don’t get real flight is spite from the head devs.
It’s not immersion…
It’s not “avoiding content”…
It’s not 3-d world-building difficulty…
It’s no longer kowtowing to the anti-flyers…
What does that leave?? Spite.
:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

I’d be fine with them putting regular flying back in the game so long as they make it so druids and classes that can herb in flight form etc are forced to shift out of that form in order to herb

I’ve been a Druid since vanilla and I think it’s an unfair advantage

That’s one of the things I do, go vertical over the landing point. The other thing is the technique F-18s use when landing on a carrier.

They come up from behind and when they are right over the carrier they make a big sweeping 360 degree turn to the left. But even then, they have their flaps down which slows them enough to catch a wire with their tail hook.

1 Like

No it sure is not.

-0 precision

-Hurt casual play(ie: i have to log out for work, i cant just fly up real quick and log out)

-Broken mining/herb nodes that are out of reach/floating in mid air remain out of reach. These can be obtained in all other content with normal flying because of being able to be precise.

-Collision into some walls disconnects you and sometimes forces you to use the unstuck option on the website. The issue does not auto fix itself and if it happens more than once in 8 hours you will have to contact support which will take a while.

-If you aren’t paying attention now and you fly over a PVP area, you’re flagged and someone can use the barrel roll tech to dismount you even if you have WM off.

-It’s a pain to go from DF content to old world, because i have to change my keybind locations for flying.

How to fix? Allow players to set their own style of flying regardless of content. The only exception being the Dragonriding Races. They can literally create a mount accessory that all crafting profs could make, that would allow normal flying mounts to use DR and vice versa. Major issue solved with minimal effort.

Edit: I forgot the auto run after you land, which is by far the most obnoxious and annoying bug about a main, core feature in the expansion. Which i’m sure isn’t exactly helping subs/sales.

4 Likes

No flight form gathering.

If they remove that I’d be fine with regular flying returning

2 Likes

It is bad for those of us (me included) that have medical issues. I have sadly come to the conclusion that I am gonna have to stop playing because I get physically nauseous every time I have to fly on a dragon.

I had a severe inner ear infection years ago that still to this day causes me to get physically nauseous watching anything that spins or moves too quickly left to right, or descends rapidly. I have been limiting what flying I do and taking Dramamine to help offset the nausea, but I don’t want to have to take it daily just to be able to play a few hours at a time.

Guess I will have to wait until they enable regular flying in DF before I can play again.
I have gone into settings and adjusted everything that can be adjusted, but it still isn’t enough to alleviate the nausea I get.

Sub runs out at the end of the week, so I will just watch and wait for normal riding.

5 Likes

Really? But, Normal flying is Sooooo Sloooooow
I love dragonriding, but if they upped regular flying by another 300% maybe I would be convinced