Dragon riding is bad

You can like what you want; you’re objectively wrong, but you’re free to exist in this state.

1 Like

im pretty sure i said in the post its not for everyone lol. why you so mad over a game?

that one and the turtle that you need to fetch glittering bait for.

I just want a Hover skill. However that may be implemented.

Nope, what we really need is Arachnid-flying!! Zipping from place to place using “webs” (just like grappling hook but no CD) like Spiderman, but can only be used with one of the spider mounts. Now that’s a travel mechanism I could get behind!!
:see_no_evil::spider_web::hear_no_evil::spider::speak_no_evil:

This.

Normal flying completely invalidates druids/rogues stealth in areas it exists and gives everyone the ability to afk whenever, where rogues and druids pay for that.

Fixed your quote for you!! :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

They could put regular flying mounts as something you earn, just as they have done in the past. Maybe you need to have collected all the dragon glyphs and have completed both the regular and advanced racecourse quests. That way, Blizz can be sure you have made the effort to learn dragon flying and have explored the complete map. That seems fair to me.

At that point, you earn an achievement that allows you to use your regular flying mount, also, so you can choose whichever works best for whatever you are doing.

Except that objectively has meaning, and by changing the quote you made it objectively incorrect. Sorry bud.

No, it is not.

1 Like

Has anyone else stopped by Stormwind or Orgrimmar and double-tapped your regular mount to go higher? :joy: :woman_facepalming:

But it really is

Dragon riding is only better if going from point A to point B . But for farming its a time sink . Herb herb herb wait tell you can fly once more . Time picking herbs and time waiting is close to same .
My self I do not like Dragon riding but that just me every one to there own . I love landing in a bunch of lvl 70 elites on my alts . Thats where I stop moving foreword most times .

Or hear me out, just make a Xpack and have flying like IDK BC, WRATH, Cata and Mop. Make it where you need to fly to get to some places.
I do more air swimming in DF as I have to use kick and peddle to stay in the air.

True. You’ve basically got two options. One, get in the habit of overflying your target, pull up to a climbing 180 to shed some speed, and land … somewhat gracefully.

Or, and this is what I’ve done, learn to love landing with a mighty THONK like a Super Hornet trapping aboard the Jerry Ford.

3 Likes

Take the node that gives vigor when gathering and you get more than a vigor each time you herb.

Let alone, you can now stay mounted WHILE herbing without using any consumable, assuming you spec for it.

Yet another learn to play issue.

Indeed “objectively” does have a meaning, and it is being used completely wrong in BOTH quotes. There are NO objective criteria for which form of flying is better…none, nothing, nada, etc., etc. The subject is entirely “subjective” (pun intended). To me, you are just as wrong as I am to you. This thread, and all flying threads ever, are 100% about feels and always will be. The only fair thing would be for Daddy Blizz to allow both, preferably both earned during the leveling process, so each person can use the method they want. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

I agree. In fact that is what a bird or airplane does, air swimming. Both air and water are fluids and with both flying and swimming you are propelling yourself through a three dimensional fluid and pushing against the fluid to control pitch, roll and yaw which in turn controls your speed, direction and altitude.

Yes, dragonriding is bad. I’ve been giving it time to see if I changed my mind after getting all the glyphs… but no, it’s just bad.

There’s only one thing good about it, it’s fast for long distances. And it’s necessary because they made the new zones so big. Regular flying would be too slow.

They really did this wrong. Dragonriding should have replaced flightmasters. At each FP you should be able to mount a dragon, and use it to fly super fast to your destination. If you dismount, you are stuck using regular (slow) flying until you get to another FP.

Dragonriding may be fast, and some people may even find it fun… but replacing regular flying would be terrible because getting around in a small area with DR is extremely annoying. These “mounts” move with no precision and you end up hopping around like a giant frog. It’s ridiculous.

I don’t think it’s bad at all. It’s just different. In fact, I’d say the opposite of normal flying.

Dragon = fast and furious
Normal = slow and precise

While I believe there’s room for both, I don’t blame them for wanting to promote the new gimmick for a while before introducing normal flying again. Have some patience, and I’m sure they’ll enable it at some point.

In the meantime, relax and do what you can, or do something else for a while. How many times over the years have new features taken precedence.

1 Like