Dragon Isle Portal in Stormwind

I’m on my gnome mage that I just faction transferred and the portal in SW to Dragon Isle says requires lvl 70. Is this something new added?

Have u unlocked the portal.

My mage is lvl 64, Im not sure what else I need to do ? the portal says it requires lvl 70 which I’ve gone there before on alts sub lvl 70.

Just means you have to be 70 to use the portal, not necessarily be able to fly to the city yourself. But I know what you’re saying: I’m fairly certain that my 60-69 alts could use the portal once they’d been to the city. Have you tried using the SW or Org protal FROM Valdrakken and see if that somehow unlocks going back?

I honestly don’t know if this is a new change, or intended. It wouldn’t hurt to bring it up in the Bug Report Forum.

I can’t even get to valdrakken since the portal wont let me and I tried waiting for the boat in SW and it didn’t arrive so something is surely playing up here.

I’ll see if my other mage friend can port me. :confused:

As long as one character on your account has completed the intro campaign up to the quest “Moving On”, that portal should be unlocked for anyone level 58+.

Try logging into your level 70 character that completed it, Vessae, that might refresh that you have completed it.

3 Likes

Oh I have completed it on the Main account that is linked to this one, I am on the wow1 account for my mage Pyrobeanibb.

I was able to get a mage friend to port me to valdrakken and I was able to learn teleport. Portal in SW is still locked to only 70 though after returning from valdrakken, I wonder if this might be some fall-out from my recent faction transfer ?

https://imgur.com/a/jBVUBgo

Edit: I am able to use teleport at least to Valdrakken so I guess it’s not all bad. Luckily I’m a mage :heart:

Oh, also I have a lvl 70 Warlock on Horde Dalaran named Aluminatii who did all the unlocks prior just in case the linked account has no bearing I still did it on this account back in S1 or S2 :smiley:

Edit II:

Dragon riding on this wow1 account seems to be broken too. I tried it another character my hunter on dalaran who is 61 and couldn’t dragon ride there either.

On My warlock who is 70 dragon riding works and is able to use the portals

I think I know what they’re talking about. The Dragonflight reknown button has disappeared for all characters <70. Which means noone under 70 can access dragon riding talents. Also, you have to be 70 to use the rostrum so now the quest for that can’t be completed. There are a bunch of posts in bug reports…apparently for some people it’s affecting dragon riding too (though I am able to access dragon riding on all my alts between 64 and 70). 64 is my lowest level character though so YMMV…it looks like starting Dragonflight on a new character is an issue.

I recommend adding to these threads.

4 Likes

Yes, I know, that is who I was referring to when I said log into your level 70 character that completed it.

There appears to be more going on here though, this might be better suited for the Bug Report forum but I’ll see if we’ve received other reports on it too.

5 Likes

I found a post to access dragon riding talents if the button is missing from your minimap.

Dragonriding Talent Window - Guides / UI and Macro - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

I went on my 70 on my wow1 account and Mother Dragon Alexstraza doesn’t offer the quest Moving on. I will create a bug report :slight_smile: thank you Vrakthris.

1 Like

Decided to check the only character I have that isn’t 70 but is high enough to access DF (60) portal is saying “Requires Level 70” despite me actually using that very same portal get to the Dragon Isles a while back.

The little doohicky (Dragon Isles Summary - I had to log over to actually see what it is called!) on the minimap is gone also - the one that shows renown/DR skills.

I set my hearth to Valdrakken then went through the portal from Valdrakken to ORG ok, but I was met with level 70 requirement to go back. I have no plans to level this particular character anytime soon but this is definitely a bug.

2 Likes

See above, there is a work around for dragon riding talents at least through a macro.

Also here is a link to the bug report I created.
Level 70 required to access Dragon Isle portal in SW - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Thanks, I have no need of it, this character is probably going to be 60 for another year yet! Just figured I’d chime in on the Portal issue!

No, you already completed that quest. I just wanted to try and see if logging into the character would refresh your account status that it had already been completed. Unfortunately, that didn’t help so we’re at… bug report so QA can take a look.

I also passed on the information, so hopefully they can figure out what is happening.

7 Likes

FYI. This is my mage I was speaking of earlier who was having the above issues before 70. Now that I finally hit 70 everything started working as expected and the mini-map “Expansion button” is now displaying renown status and dragon riding talents. Before it was showing Shadow Lands Covenant information.

Yes, that’s the bug. It’s supposed to show that when you first go to the dragon isles at 60, not require 70.

1 Like

Technically, level 58 alts would have been allowed to use the portal once it is made available on the account. That was the level restriction on the portal since Dragonflight released til the recent change this week.

2 Likes

Wow, so glad to have found this post - hope they are working on it cuz still cant use portals, ‘favorite mount’ isnt calling up dragon mounts except for my 70 . . . all crazy stuff.

Yea this was also my problem too sub lvl 70 so I had to hotkey a macro for dragon riding which also did work if you force it not depend on “favorite” mechanics.

1 Like