Rostrum of Transformation now requiring Level 70

Working on a lower level character (Norlaka - Terenas, Level 63 Shaman) through Dragon Islands, and was given the quest to use the Rostrum of Transformation as part of the Dragonriding introduction (A New Set of Horns).

I get to the Rostrum (which I’ve used on a similarly leveled character within the last week), and I can’t use it with this character, as it is now requiring Level 70 to use.

46 Likes

I, too, am unable to complete this quest on my lvl 61 mage now as the rostrum of transformation says that it “Requires level 70”. Super annoying as I can’t progress the main storyline in the zone.

6 Likes

Yeup. One can’t go to the Elementalist Attack on the Ruby Pools until this quest chain is complete.

4 Likes

Running into the same issue as well. The really strange thing is that it was working fine on the same character earlier today. As soon as I got the Isles on this character I went straight to the rostrum and customized my mount with no problems. Now though whenever I try to use the rostrum it requires lvl 70.

Edit: It’s not this toon that’s stuck. It’s a lvl 62 Blood Elf Monk

I am also having this problem. Kinda stinks since now we are all stuck. :-1:t2:

None of my 60+ alts have dragon riding anymore. They could yesterday. WTF?

3 Likes

Yup, friend is having the same issue. Just got DF and now they cannot progress the campaign at all because of this. Took them to the one in Valdrakken as well just in case and it seems they’re all borked :confused:

I went straight to the Valdrakken Rostrum as well, and no joy, but I haven’t checked the Plains or Tuskann one, yet, though.

Checked on a different server and different faction since as well. Navonis - Hellscream, 62 Monk, and ran in to the same issue.

As a side note, since I was doing some Legion Hall progression, as I went back to the Portal Hall in Orgrimmar, and it was locked to Level 70 as well.

Checked update notes and no mention of this at all.

2 Likes

Just came back to leveling in DF and i’m having this same issue rn, did you send a ticket already?

Same problem here. Just sent in a bug report. Hope it gets fixed.

I just noticed I can’t even do world quests on a below 70 character, other than the racing ones. Kinda a major issue for leveling alts.

3 Likes

Same, I just came back to the game in years, and can’t progress.

1 Like

im having the same problem with my lvl 63 dracthyr

Currently having the same issue. Cannot progress in the story right now as it takes way too long.

Borked for me too - I can’t progress on an alt now.
@blizzard pls help

1 Like

Can confirm it requires level 70 :frowning: my first time player friend and I are now unable to progress the Waking Shores sotryline. Definitely seems like a bug that the “starter zone” for the expansion locks you out of progressing less than two hours in. Cant imagine how frustrating that would be for any people going through Dragonflight for the first time. Better buy a level boost!

Not exactly on the topic, but after the patch that downloaded today 5-09 my alts below 70 can’t use portal to Valdrakken. And on the Little Scales Daycare quest, can’t pick up the gems for “Crystal Nutrition” quest due to suddenly requiring lvl 70 to pick up.

4 Likes

Same thing here all of a sudden today, req 70 for dragon customisation and Vald portal.

3 Likes

Adding to the list of people stuck due to this bug. I was leveling my Warrior, got to the “A New Set of Horns” quest, and got hit with the “Requires Level 70” bug. No point in leveling any other level 60 character until this quest bug is hotfixed.

3 Likes

Same, doesn’t matter if Horde or Alliance either. My chars under 70 can’t use the Rostom or Portal.