Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

That’s because they don’t have anything else to be mad at right now. As soon as something else comes up then the same people will be angry at the new thing.

4 Likes

Not sure to be honest.

Not much information in regards to unstable souls, but there is this

EDIT: Looked in the wrong area

1 Like

LFD death knights are equally as dumb, but they’re a single combo.

It’s one dumb combo that isnt inherently against the race’s cultural identity because all races mostly leave that behind when they die, it’s only nonsensical on the point of how Light and necromancy play together: they don’t.

Compared to warlocks which has a significantly higher amount of dumb combos while spitting on the cultural identity and/or magical compatibility of most of the new options, or both in the case of LFD and Mag’har.

I don’t see the problem with Lightforged Draenei Death Knights
Light and Death can mix, and them being risen was outside of their control.

While Light and Fel can mix as well, no Lightforged would willingly choose to abandon the Light in place of Fel. Sure they added an NPC that does it anyways, but the writers are simply forcing it to happen whereas it wouldn’t naturally occur.

2 Likes

Not in any way that isn’t harmful to a being of either force, they don’t.

Either LFD actually explode on death as their racial implies, leaving no corpse to raise, the light leaves their corpse as they “explode” which would just make them a regular draenei corpse, or they’d be burned from the inside out when the two magics conflict.

When light and death mix on an undead, it doesn’t cause physical damage but only pain. Of course, that’s different if Light was used to attack an Undead, but in terms of healing or simply utilizing it themselves it doesn’t cause damage.

The Light doesn’t need to have left them, they are simply enduring the pain which is perfectly in character for a race of Light zealots.

This topic was covered in an Ask CDev.

1 Like

Theyve described light used to heal undead as cauterization.

That’s burning. Causing minor damage to mitigate the effect of a greater injury.

Use that scarlet priest raised into a death knight, lore.

Death knights is a higher level of undead that is more “embalmed and empowered” then the average undead. While indeed the light can weaken them, death knights can still use light powers they had possessed when alive.

Remember, death knights is not the same as an forsaken undead, which was raised in a different matter then DK’s.

2 Likes

Personally I really only understand Lightforged if you’re a paladin. They even have a blacksmithing racial, I mean c’mon.

So all race/class combos?

Only in “sand box” servers.

Except when it doesn’t. Lore has always been inconsistent when it comes to the different cosmic forces mixing. That being said warlocks don’t need to use fel. The only fel spell warlocks have without doing the green fire quest is chaos bolt.

No it’s In game character choice.

Not really.

And yet no one is a slave to their culture. Most people are born into a culture and can leave it if they wish.

Except for the 100 year old Draenei who’s only known Draenor and Azeroth. Not all Draenei are that old.

It’s not like warlocks are friends to the legion anyhow.

Nothing. Progress is inevitable.

Naw.

Humans aren’t the only race with free will. Not a single player race is a hive mind in world of warcraft. Each race has their own culture. No not every member of every race is a slave to that culture because that’s not how free will works.

Sounds like every fantasy and sci-fi setting.

Their culture yeah, thousands of years ago 1/3rd of the Draenei population rejected the legion’s offer. But that doesn’t mean that all modern draenei are physically incapable of being warlocks. Hell in AU draenor we say a group of Draenei defect to the legion and call themselves Sargeri. Which is WAY more extreme than being a warlock which is not a friend of the lgion.

Yes Draenei were considered traitors and hunted. But the legion is gone now as a unified force. Warlocks aren’t pro-legion etc, etc.

Who says the army of light is allowing it? People are allowed to break taboo or even gasp the law.

One or a small group embracing it doesn’t mean everyone embraces it. If a human were to steal IRL does that mean human culture embraces theft?

That’s not the point of Illidan’s arch. He didn’t reject the “gift” because he’d lose access to fel magic. But because it was forced on him to try and change his destiny and erase his past.

Warlocks rarely if ever use fel.

Warlocks aren’t DH.

Your understanding of the lore is a joke.

Religion and understanding of it can be changed. In addition, people can quit their religion.

They’ll work fine.

That’s not gonna happen.

Sounds like a good weapon then.

Calia Menethil says otherwise.

Every non-undead warlock spits on the cultural identity of their race. Since nearly every race is anti-demon. A lore tid-bit is Varian tolerated warlocks for their battle prowers but banned the summoning of demons or other dark magics in public places with a punishment of death. Thus, why the warlock trainers are in the slaughtered lamb or w/e it’s called. It’s a sort of “Don’t ask, don’t tell” sort of deal until it comes to the battlefield. Not sure on Anduin’s stance on the matter but without any additional lore I’m assuming he kept his father’s law regarding the matter.

It sounds like modern blood elves would probably outlaw it considering they outlaw the use of shadow/void magic. So not just spriest but also warlocks.

Warlocks have always been outliers in their culture. It’s nothing new. The only culture that seemingly embraces warlocks is undead.

Source?

What’s weirder the dev’s “forcing” an npcs to do something you believe that wouldn’t or the devs forcing a player to be unable to do what their character would? Cuz imho some weird god-like power taking away free will from individuals is more weird to me and violates the lore.

Correct. Not only does it not cause physical damage but it HEALS the effects of undeath. Very slowly and very painfully.

You said lore friendly race/class combos. Which is all combos.

6 Likes

Ugh, more crying about new race class combos? Nothing wrong with lettings players play however they want to play.

5 Likes

No, you see, you won’t be able to tell a Troll Druid from a Tauren or NE Druid if we let everyone be druids because it’ll dilute racial cultur- faaaaaaarts

Such a goofy argument against player choice.

9 Likes

Every time someone argues this i think of the irony of people wanting all races to act the same. That, my friend, is a hive mind. You want blue humans, brown humans, etc, etc.

Except when you actually pay aytention to a story setting, understand there is such a thing as cultures and that not every society performs all the proffessions or beleifs in said societies dispite being connected to other societies.

It’s like you expect say in, lotr, that an elf and dwarf to think exactly the same.

And before you say they do, no they do not.

Which is apart of point of the race fantasy you choose to play as.

No one said they can’t. We just said that in a natural story setting they won’t.

Which the dreanei in said world setting in AU dreanor considered traitors and actively hunted them down.

Oh no, they just tap in the same power that the legion uses and, as seen in multiple times, jeoperdizes the people around them by summoning the very things that dreanei’s existence, which then results in lord jaraxxus cituations.

Would a military actively allow mis-conduct in it’s ranks? That is what this is.

Oh gee, so you want them to turn a blund eye then. Which is what Humans may do, but not dreanei… specially lfd ones.

Doesn’t matter, it greatly lessens it to a joke.

Demons are fel beings. They use them as a tool. Guess what, they use fel.

Magic source is the same, the way they get it is different.

Heh. You wish it was.

Nor are they the only ones with a story back ground on what they do or don’t. Clearly you want everything to just be humans, and have no understanding about fantasy stories or how they work.

False.

Not all combo’s is lore freindly. No matter how you cry and scream about it.

3 Likes

A huge deal of this thread also goes involves people who absolutely endorse the coming race-class combos.

So indeed, I hope the dev team takes note of the players who are about keeping the lore consistent.

Aka, all magic can be taught to and learned by all races, because there is nothing in lore that inherently stops any race from learning anything. Not biology and not culture.

2 Likes

You are literally saying every Draenei, Tauren, Orc, Human, Elf, and every other race thinks exactly identical to their peers.

But every need of a culture is addressed, and cultures that interact with other cultures will inevitably experience bleed, either of their traditions into others, or other traditions into theirs. Perhaps not on a cultural level, but certainly on an individual level. There will always be members of a culture that look toward another’s as ‘the way to do things’ and will take whatever steps they must to join or emulate the desired culture.

I don’t expect a Dwarf and a Elf to think the same, but I do expect them to be able to both be Warriors and, if they took time to learn one another’s techniques, be able to emulate them.

Bolded for emphasis. You’re actually right here, the culture is part of the reason you pic your race; it helps provide hooks to your backstory and motivation. That said, a character is determined by what aspects of their culture they keep, and what aspects they abandon.

Desperation is perfectly natural and is a great hook to getting an otherwise-stalwart individual to indulge in darkness. A classic anti-hero trope.

Oh no, internal conflict?! In my characters? It can’t be! Wait, hold on, this could actually be an interesting thing to roleplay out; having to use your Faction membership as a shield against your people’s wrath, constant paranoia about possible assassins… Sounds like amazing RP fodder and motivation to get ever stronger!

You didn’t actually address the point. You can use a power source without being a member of another group that does. So, yes, you can use fel power without becoming a slave to the Legion. And sure, it might jeopardize those around you; that’s why your character is being careful with their use of said power, right?

Rogue soldier as an anti-hero is a classic trait that we constantly see throughout all of Warcraft. Don’t even pretend otherwise. Hell, we spend all of Legion following one.

So they notice, but are powerless to stop them, because the Warlock in question is a celebrated hero of the Alliance, and the Army of the Light is going to catch real hell if they try to purge them from the Alliance’s army. Alternatively, they may be special forces dedicating to researching demonology, a ‘dark secret’ of the otherwise pure Army. Lots of stuff to work with here, and none of it invalidates the PC or the Army of the Light.

You seem to think every race is a monolith, unflinching from their ideals and uncompromising about their integrity at all times. Incapable of failing, incapable of falling, incapable of making a bad deal or even a duplicitous one. How stale. Your entire character begins and ends at ‘Paladin.’

Lore is flexible, changes, and is in the process of being updated. Stomp your feet all you like, but Times Change™.

6 Likes

I’ve never said I want every race to act the same. I am speaking of individuals not an entire race. Because I don’t believe race and an individual within a race to be synonyms. I don’t expect Draenei to become pro warlocks or demons.

You’re right not every society preforms all proffessions. But not everyone is a slave to their society.

I do not.

You play as a member of a race, not a slave to that races culture.

Sure, most won’t. But all it takes is one.

Because they joined the legion. You don’t see Draenei or LFD hunting down human warlocks in the alliance.

Indeed. Which is why most countries outlaw it or at least limit it’s usage away from public space with civillians.

Quit the army of the light. It’s an option.

So you’re saying Draenei will hunt other members of the alliance down? Why don’t they hunt down human warlocks?

That’s like your opinion man.

That’s… not the same as channeling fel inside your own body.

Exactly. It’s a fundamental and important difference though.

I know it is.

I don’t want everyone to have human culture. I want everyone to have free will seperate from their culture.

True

3 Likes

Well…aren’t Eredar just Draenei?

Lightforged is the weird one.

Alliance should have gotten Broken as an allied race and Lightforged a skin option under the draenei.

Same with Horde, should have gotten Ogres and Maghar be a skin option

3 Likes

That is what all races all classes is in a nut shell.

Yes through different means.

We are all not the same. There is countries in the world that don’t even know what a sheriff is for example.

This is not about warriors or martial prowers. Of course both can fight. But the means and hows is different. In lotr elves can feel the vibrations of the earth more easily (which is why they don’t use thick shoes) then a dwarf and see further, but they can’t navigate under ground for the life of them as an example. They also have 2 entirely different beleif systems. Heck even humans had a seperate way they beleive the world works.

Not part, the whole reason, unless your an elf fan.

Which in case of warlocks with lfd/dreanei the entire culture and theme of the race.

They are not in desperation to use warlock magic.

Which is not the theme of dreanei.

That is forsaken themes.

There is other ways to create that and keep the race on track without throw lore in acid.

Yes i did, you refuse to accept it. No dreanei, even an desperate one, would become a warlock.

Not really. The only 2 major ones was illidan and arthas, and they are not morally grey at all.

Governments don’t govern other people when they are not on their territory or jurisdiction. Specially ally ones. Doing so unless the evidence is beyond a doubt, is a good way to loose alliences. (Also the main theme of the alliance, is that is an alliance.)

You seem to think the game is a sand box playground that is maintained by a hive mind.

Yes and no. Every story universe has hard set rules. It is what makes the story immersive. Break those rules, and your story is trash. If you need a modern story failuire, look up rings of power, they break wvery universe rule in the book.

Don’t need to. All races all classes is that.

And not everyone thinks like a hive mind and think everything is ok. Apart of a hood story is the foundation of beleifs, how the person is raised and moral standards.

Clearly you do.

And culture of that race is apart of being a member of the race.

Please don’t tell me your ok with mag’har orcs (uncurrupted orcs in their language) and your ok with being the class that is currupted.

99.99% won’t the ones that do is killed.

No, they became warlocks.

Dreanei it’s death, nothing less.

No it’s not. You get executed, that is the option. Also an lfd that is not lightforged is not a lfd.

Wothin their jurisdiction as a nation. Yes.

Cool bruh, and yoi have yours man. Cause ya know man. Also ppl does this thing called stop paying for a franchise that is obviously not taken cared of man.

You don’t have to. Fel acts like radiation. Just being near it effects you.

Not really if you know how fel works…

Another false statment.

Gurss what all races all classes is! Hive mind central!

Nah bruh. You only wish it was cause you like a game with no lore.

2 Likes