Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

Seriously.

This is absolutely insane. Please, please tell me you guys aren’t seriously doing this.

Even worse, listed are “Lightforged Draenei” getting Warlocks.

Does… nobody on the Dev team care about the Lore anymore…?

271 Likes

the lore went out the window with Shadowlands

193 Likes

I know, right? Hilarious.

Now the doorway is open for Red Eredar.

There better be an in-game lore justification for this.

45 Likes

The Lightforged Draenei gather to welcome one more into their ranks.

Captain Fareeya: Brothers and sisters! Let us rejoice for Yomamaissofat who has passed his trials to become one of us! Yomamaissofat, how will you help us in our fight against the remaining forces of the Burning Legion, the Legion we have been fighting against for thousands of years? Will you be a paladin, a mage, a priest?

Yomamaissofat: I’m going to be a warlock!

Captain Fareeya and the rest of the LF Draenai: collective facepalm

142 Likes

I’ll thank you not to impose your morality on our prospective students.

53 Likes

No one in the game does anymore either. The “Lore” is an absolute joke

33 Likes

Sir, this is a fictional video game

Calm down, it’s not a big deal and no one cares. The lore hasn’t made sense for years, the sky didn’t fall and we’re still here

109 Likes

Nope. And unless they create storyline that justifies this… I’m done. I’m out. Gone.

I also find it an amusing coincidence that I cannot get into the Bnet account page to see when my sub expires and to cancel it.

26 Likes

It went out much faster than that… A lot was changed about established lore all the way back in 2004 for World of Warcraft specifically, but I think even between Warcraft installments there were lore changes.

8 Likes

at least give a reason for all the sudden warlocks…

also, there’s the draenor orcs becoming warlocks too, and even tauren…
highmountain too.

didn’t the highmountain have issues with feltotem in the first place?!

44 Likes

Hopefully they add in some kind of reason for all the new classes although I’m just going with it’s a convergence of timelines and that somehow will effect things… idk.

I may make a light forged one for funsies / to unlock the heritage armor (I still haven’t done that).

4 Likes

This NEEDS storyline. Absolutely 100000% NEEDS storyline justification for all of these races. If there isn’t, then this game is just a waste of space for lore.

39 Likes

i could understand it if they said they were dominating demons to try n make em light forged but this screams lore breaking.

15 Likes

The fact that the Alliance got Void Elves and Lightforged over High Elves and Broken already proved that the Lore is dead.

23 Likes

Well, sympathetic as I am to your position, prove to me that nobody did not ask for this. How many forum threads are there saying “no class gating!”. You’re being disingenuous to suggest our fellow players don’t want this.

Can’t really select lore over fan choice as truth because space goats, in fact, do not exist. The story can be changed.

18 Likes

Irrelevant to the point most of us are making: there needs to be storyline justification for these races.

19 Likes

Well we’re one big step closer to all races, all classes now, seeing as how a number of these were major ‘this race could not be this class’ ones.

5 Likes

No, it doesn’t

And “while we’re at it” I want Panda Druids and Gnome Paladins :crazy_face:

30 Likes

Draenei should not be allowed to become warlocks, especially the LFD.

This is such a lore-breaking change.

33 Likes

Fought warlock’s in the burning legion for thousands of years

Just to have their ranks be filled with warlocks

7 Likes