Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

A lot of people know better than to do a lot of things. But individuals in broad groups can end up forming their own (sometimes bad) opinions based on their own individual experiences and mindset that can vary widely within their broader group.

Draenei should have known better, but a whole lot of them still ended up going Sargerai on AU Draenor. It’s not at all outside the realm of possibility that some Draenei might go, “You know, demons are bad, but sometimes you need to fight fire with fire?”

Is it a good idea? No, I think that the game shows us that choosing to be a Warlock is almost universally a dangerous, corrupting, bad idea, for all the races. But being in a position where someone should know better hasn’t stopped a whole lot of people individually from doing a whole lot of things, both in real life and in the game.

Draenei aren’t somehow immune, down to every single last member of their race, to hubris.

4 Likes

why dont you go play classic if you care this much about the lore? genuine question lol

2 Likes

Eredar Exists for a reason

I mean, we know they can.
Cdev years ago did actually make a note of this when it was asked. Undead with enough faith in the light can indeed ‘just use’ the light. The light DOES heal an undead’s rotten flesh.

It just isn’t pleasant for the undead. To use the light or to be healed by the light.

Using it would cause constant exposure to the light, that is indeed a feeling of having your flesh burned even though it is being healed. It also risks bringing back numbed senses, such as feel and taste. This means that the undead would eventually be able to feel the maggots burrowing in their bodies, and they would taste the rot in their mouths.

The idea is so brutal, that I personally love it… a lot.

Also, draenei warlock lore will just be.

“This draenei decided that using fel and demons is a good idea… so he did it!”

2 Likes

Sometimes the lore changes.

And this idealized image people romanticize about Dranei being whimpering little cowards running away from the mean stinky demons just doesn’t exist anymore. And some Dranei just wanna watch the world burn.

Hey, it is what it is. Times change
Enjoy your class

6 Likes

I can agree with all of those except materials radical.

Eredar are the name of species Draenei belong to.

I’ve always wondered if the logical conclusion to this is an undead having a fully restored body if they can cope with the pain for long enough. Only those with extraordinary faith could do such a thing but would make an interesting story. That the cure for undeath was insanely painful exposure to light over a very long time.

Same it gives SO MUCH RP potential.

1 Like

I liked Margrave Sindane, but her statement does not make any sense to me. They used it to justify Calia and that is it.

They ARE NOT used the same way.

The Light is CHANNELED when needed for priests. Only used for short periods of time.

The Light is INFUSED into a Paladin. Kind of like how a DH is infused with Fel.

Anyways, if you know the history of World of Warcraft and why Forsaken have priests at all, it’s because Bliz needed another Horde race for priest. Thus Forsaken Priests.

They use all the specs because it would make no sense for a player to only be confined to one spec being playable by only one race.

3 Likes

There are undead holy priest and have been since vanilla.

Yeah it’s gonna HURT. But faith is stronger than pain.

Its not that deep bro.
Ppl should be able to play there fave race with there fave class.

3 Likes

1000+ posts? Hard to believe something so fluff-y/trivial could actually blow up into a mega-thread

It’s not even a thread about politics or LGBTQ (the usual mega-thread topics), pretty impressive :flushed:

1 Like

I hope the dev team takes note about how passionate the players are about keeping the lore consistent!

1 Like

1: The lore’s been inconsistent gibberish since Danuser took charge.

2: Even with that, there is absolutely nothing that breaks lore here.

It’s not even worgen tails one of the biggest threads ever! Along with high elf threads.

So are we going to get Mechagnome Shaman soon?

The 1000+ replies are not because everyone are in agreement. Not even the majority like worgen tails.

Most people are disagreeing.

Plus your disagreement with the change is based on false claims. Fortunately blizzard knows the lore better than you so they won’t make a change based on a random forum posters wrong views on the lore.

It would’ve had a higher chance of winning if you said “I don’t want this because I don’t want this” because it’s a personal opinion that cannot be falsified. But you had to bring lore into it which made the request easy to dismiss. Worgen tails isn’t saying worgen have always had tails and that’s why they need tails. They just want them added.

Gotta be careful how you ask for something.

I am pretty sure shaman and all races will be the next one yes. I am excited for human shaman.

2 Likes

What are my false claims?

its my bet that callia is how forsaken will become paladins

1 Like

They’ve been explained throughout the thread. No reason to repeat them. Scroll back up.

Yeah! You got it! It doesn’t make sense to confine player choice!

2 Likes