Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

I have never once claimed this. You must be confusing me for someone else.

Why else would you be arguing in favor of combinations that spit in the face of existing lore if you cared about it?

BECAUSE I care about the lore.

Blocking individual agency for the sake of cultural homogenization is against the lore.

5 Likes

mobile games have better lore than WoW since shadowlands happened

1 Like

Mind-bogglingly insane take.

I’m not even talking about cultural reasons for some of these. Put all of that aside.

Explain how an undead paladin could exist without burning itself to ashes without referencing Zeliek because he breaks multiple established rules about how undead and the light work. “They can break lore because he already breaks lore” is not a reason.

Explain how a void elf paladin could ever exist when the two forces are shown to not tolerate the presence of the other, like when Alleria set foot in the Sunwell’s room.

Explain how a Mag’har orc using fel the way a warlock does would avoid turning green.

2 Likes

what happens when that cultural homogenization is a significant part of the lore?.

blocking individual agency is against the lore, but so is allowing it?

2 Likes

Draenei Warlocks are cool. Lore at this point is whatever, not too many people really care (outside of a few on the forums apparently).

When will the Horde get a version of this is what I want to know, I could use some Space Goats Cost to Cost on the Horde side.

1 Like

we wait for man’ari.

1 Like

Oh shut up and let peopel have fun

Yall are such spoilsports

3 Likes

That being said unless your a roleplayer warlocks being whatever race changes nothing in the grand scheme of things

1 Like

Explain how this could work without pointing out an example of how this works! Convenient.

The light doesn’t KILL undead. It burns them and even seems to slowly “heal” the effects of undeath it gives them sense of touch and smell and taste allowing them to feel their death. Which is horrific true. But faith is much stronger than pain. Ever heard of self flagellation? I find it fascinating that someone’s faith is stronger than unending pain. I think it fits.

Except when it doesn’t. For example disc priests regularly combind shadow and light magic to no ill effect. When Alleria set food in the sunwell’s room it opened rifts to the void and void entities spawned. No one blew up or died. They seem to amplify their effects. Which could make for an incredibly powerful paladin if they channeled it correctly. Twilight magic exists in game and has since at least cata but perhaps earlier? Combination of light/shadow is not new.

Fel corruption is clearly inconsistent which makes sense as fel is literally elemental chaos. Grommosh fought against demons and AU draenor and never turned green. Warlocks hardly even channel fel anyways. They have like 1 or 2 fel based spells.

It’s not though. There is absolutely no lore in the game that says every single draenei is a slave to their cultures beliefs about demons and warlocks and are thus physically, emotionally, and psychologically incapable of being warlocks.

That’s a nonsensical statement. How is allowing an individual to make choice contrary to their culture against the lore?

Let’s imagine azeroth is a real world that exists. The warcraft universe is 100% real.

You have someone who exists there. a Draenei. Now which seems more plausible to happen. This Draenei decided to abandon their culture and become a warlock. Or This Draenei is incapable of even considering becoming a warlock because of their culture despite being an individual with free will? They have no free will if they are a slave to their culture. The fact that AU Draenei were able to form the Sargerei means that Draenei explicitly aren’t slaves to their culture and can straight up join the legion. Let alone become a warlock which is a considerably less offense.

As someone who does some RP the idea of a Draenei Warlock is fascinating. I can’t wait!

I’m not against this. I’d love playable red skin Eredar. But I don’t find it a requirement.

4 Likes

FIFY

Eh?

I mean it’s cool but not required.

1 Like

!

Why must you do this to me?

I need Space Goats on the Horde side. I ask for so little.

1 Like

Explain it without using existing proof because it doesn’t fit my narrative”.

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

4 Likes

Hello, i would suggest that considering the lights penchant for absolutes, the lightforged’s self-filtering initiation, and mild brainwashing/forcible conversion via the lightforging process is a compelling example of a faction where they could be physically, and physiologically unable to be warlocks.

I think your example about draenei doesn’t really address that, because as far as i’m aware, a draenei can become either lightforged, or man’ari, but we’ve yet to see one that has been both, either sequentially, or simultaneously.

2 Likes

And yet nothing affirms this in the lore. As Draenei have been seen becoming baddies. The light doesn’t actually mind-control anyone. And faith can be broken or loss. Or faith can be expanded. As the LFD says. Not against the light but with it.

Fortunately a warlock is not inherently Man’ari.

And “yet to see” doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Until 1969 we had yet to see a human on the moon. Time moves ever forward.

I think you’re mixing up locks with demon hunter. Locks don’t become demons or demonic inherently.

Also given the literal meaning of the word. Lightforged ARE Man’ari. It literally means unnatural. Guess when being lightforged is? Guess what doesn’t happen in nature? That’s right.

1 Like

Draenei warlocks make sense. Draenei are just a specific group of Eredar or Manari who fled from the Burning Legion. You spend a lot of time in Draenei zones encountering Draenei who decide they actually like smoking behind the school during History class.

Lightforged, do not. They would stop being lightforged.

2 Likes