Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

and my Death Knight STILL can’t wear an eyepatch…

that seems fair, right?

PTR Spoiler. It looks like they’re trying to.

Spoiler: LFD Warlock Reason

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/13fnkkt/ptr_a_lightforged_draenei_and_their_reasoning_for/

But take heart, its PTR and things can change?

Ah, such laziness. I should have expected it by someone who skips all the quest text.

I like it. “Not against the light, but alongside it” beautiful.

Burden of proof. Look it up. #irony

At least Blizz gives the reason in-game. Maybe not that concrete of a reason. But passable as a reason for an LFD’s decision.

You know I’m not wrong.

The irony of being a Lightforged yet not knowing what it means to be Lightforged.

Thanks for agreeing that you have no leg to stand on so to speak. It’s nice to see people taking the L on these forums.

Never agreed with you. Not sure where you got that. Are you unable to read posts just like you’re unable to read Quest texts?

That sounds like a personal failing on your part.

lol imagine if blizz gave lightforged dranei warlocks some unique lightforged demons like Lothraxion (dreadlord infused with light magic) just to mess with those crying about “muh lore”

Honestly, I just don’t see any salvaging this complete disregard for lore. This literally breaks their own lore in such a fundamental way, they may as well just fire all their writers, because there’s no cleaning up this mess, and there’s no way the story will be worth paying attention to. Hell, may as well save money and cut cinematics as this point too.

The “World” of Warcraft is dead and buried with this change.

Incorrect. Individual agency exists.

2 Likes

LF Draenei 1: We just spent a 1000 years fighting demons and warlocks! We finally defeated them and freed our people.

LF Draenei 2: But they do have some cool outfits. What ya say we just go against everything we fought for and summon a few demons for giggles.

Warcraft Lore! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

It’s good you say “lore” and not “writing”. Yes, WoW has the benefit of decades of lore at this point. Can’t speak for ESO (though I know it involves some Dragon Break shenanigans) but FFXIV wipes the floor with WoW in terms of storytelling and writing, and this is despite FFXIV falling into the trap of anime tropes and not killing any of the main cast after Heavensward (which I’ve heard is the result of internal drama between some of the writers).

Not necessarily. If new players are thrust into BFA, then the Legion quests are just obsolete to a purported lightforged warlock. Future content would have to aim to be neutral or less obvious as to where warlocks draw their power (assuming Blizzard bothers making more class quests), but that could work. You’d just need to make it clear that the starting point for lightforged/mag’har warlocks is during BFA. Ideally, push the starting point even further by making it Dragonflight. In either care, you’re well-removed from the events of Legion.

No they dont and this is a good thing. Wow lore has always been trash and inconsistent. Stop caring so much. Wow is a game, not a movie or book.

1 Like

I think it is more than that. Wowpedia says untold millennia!

1 Like

And thanks to personal agency and free will that is 100% lore friendly.

2 Likes

You really aren’t going far enough. After all the races are homogenized they will start asking class restrictions for spells to be removed!

Kek. 10char

As a druid fan, I’m getting the bottle ready for what they do to them next.

Can’t wait for orc and void elf druids! I’m sure the cenerion circle will accept them with open arms. Why the hell not at this point?

1 Like