Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

At that point, you may as well literally not even have a story. If players are expected to do the heavy lifting and create the entire story, then why even have “classes” or “races” at all?

Rules and limitations are what give any fantasy universe a sense of structure, to seem believable. If you don’t have rules or structure, then you don’t have a “world” at all.

If Draenei and Lightforged can become Warlocks, then their whole cultural storylines and history are completely meaningless and nonexistence. You may at well just let us change our race at the Barbershop, because there’s clearly no weight or meaning to your race anymore.

21 Likes

Void Elf Paladins please.

1 Like

dont encourage blizzards terrible plans.

10 Likes

Get over it. All races should be able to be all classes because gameplay > lore. If you don’t like it don’t play it.

18 Likes

Lightforged are Light infused. They don’t screw with that stuff. Ever. It’s not even about being outcast there, it just literally can’t be a thing, given their entire intro and what they pledged and became.

Draenei went and murdered most of their own kind who became Warlocks for the Legion.

As we’re saying, the concept isn’t impossible. It’s just improbable, given the history and culture. It needs storyline justification. Something simple, small, like “Hey, I want to do this so that I can better understand and better help, so I’m going to live with the Forsaken/Humans who are a little better accepted these days as Warlocks.”

Seriously, even just that, where they are told they can’t be part of their home culture and they are literal outcasts of their people would be fine— as long as they actually add it to the game in story.

18 Likes

I mean if you like spontaneously combusting, sure.

Paladins are infused with the light, unlike priests. This kills the void elf (and forsaken for that matter)

9 Likes

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:
i will call out dumb ideas when i see it.
and this 100% stupid move for blizzard.

23 Likes

Gameplay should always trump lore.

9 Likes

I want a lore justification for it in-game.

Not them using “timelines” or just enabling it.

At least giving us Red Eredar would have explained the Draenei doing it. But the Lightforged? The literal Super Holy Naaru Warriors? What? That’s even worse than Lightforged Death Knights.

10 Likes

This is actually hilarious. Zero lore justification.

10 Likes

Sounds like it is time to push for DH Gnome/Vulpera.

6 Likes

That would require work.

This small indie company can only flip the on switch.

2 Likes

:dracthyr_tea:
sure but only if thousands die to become one, just like nelfs and belfs did.

Maybe if you don’t like the lore, you shouldn’t be playing the game?

12 Likes

I don’t have a problem with some sort of side quests. But it isn’t super necessary, since it was NON-warlock Eradar that were the ones that needed an expanded story to explain, and we got that 15 or so years ago with Burning Crusade. People are just so acustomed to the NEW lore, they forgot that Eradar … I mean… Draeni warlocks was the original lore.

1 Like

Yes. It. Does.

This is still an RPG. There is a story, and can things can’t just randomly happen without explanation. Especially things that are explicitly against the story already in place.

12 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679773016703762440/1034255460276109333/unknown.png

11 Likes

Undead Paladin next. Undead Druid. Watch them rip the Druid models straight from Night Elves.

This is all too funny to me.

2 Likes

Explain to me how the hell a LIGHTforged Draenei Warlock makes sense.

3 Likes

Well if it becomes a more divisive decision, then its not really shouting at the wind and more a expressed concern. Just another reason for ppl to let there subs lapse

3 Likes