Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

Dang, if only Illidan knew he could still use his demon abilities after being Lightforged.

34 Likes

the lore is fiction and the people making this change are the ones who create it, so it’s whatever they say it is :dracthyr_shrug:

19 Likes

Yes. It does. You have one race that’s infused with Light and one race that has been followed through the entire universe getting mass murdered by demons.

None of this is impossible, but it’s improbable without storyline.

If it doesn’t get storyline, then stop making any story for this game.

23 Likes

I can see Tauren becoming warlocks. It doesn’t really fit with the Thunderbluff Tauren we’re allied with, but there are Feltotems in Highmountain I guess.

But I can’t see a justification for the freaking Draenei, the “we were hunted to near extinction by demons” Draenei, becoming warlocks.

14 Likes

And you don’t think they can craft one? They can. And they can also say “you’re special in your own way, all the heroes are.”

If your argument is “you think you do, but you don’t” – well that has a special meaning at Blizzard. It’s “go ahead, the fans spoke.”

1 Like

Makes more sense than Forsaken getting access to Holy and Disc Priest for one example of actual lore-breaking class/race combos currently in game.

There was a time when Orc Warlocks were unthinkable in the lore, yet Gul’dan came barging in. There was a time when Night Elves using demonic powers were unthinkable, yet Illidan came barging in.

19 Likes

But there’s no way to give Forsaken Shadow without also giving them Holy and Disc.

6 Likes

Where did I say this? Are you here to argue just to argue? People are literally asking them to create storyline justification for it. No one is saying they can’t.

4 Likes

they gave no reasoning.
thus they are breaking their own lore.

17 Likes

Legit. Today, any remaining lore is officially dead.

6 Likes

Try TBC haha. Any Draeni that doesn’t look like this is a HUGE black eye to lore.

And before it starts “bUt tHAt WuZ rEtCoNnEd.” Yes. Yes it was. And now you’re warlocks with significantly less retconning necessary since draeni (in their current Eradar form) have always been warlocks.

11 Likes

I don’t get the hate. Warlocks are already outcasts in almost every playable culture, forsaken being the only clear exception. I don’t see why having draenei warlocks is such a big deal in that sense. A draenei warlock is not someone who would hang out with Velen for tea, he would be living as an outcast and practicing in secret.

Honestly, far from the strangest thing in the lore.

58 Likes

Warlocks did have Draenei heads around their legion weapons. Doesn’t that mean that they were warlocks at some point? Besides, I’d like some Eredar gameplay. :o:

2 Likes

ROFL I told you they don’t care anymore. It’s pretty damn obvious when two things happened.

1.) Calia and the STUPID statement of “necromancy is necromancy.”

2.) Dark Ranger skins for velves and nelves.

The moment they allowed a freaking Kaldorei Druid become an “undead ranger” in the freaking barber shop is the moment they stopped caring.

13 Likes

No, I’m here to say get accustomed to it. I do disagree with you if you’re shouting at the wind, to nobody listening “don’t do it, the lore says no.” There are other points raised about game limitations where some specs in a class would work, but other won’t.

It’s future patch. I would expect about as much justification as we got for Tauren rogues and mages, but hope it’s better. But I don’t think they have the manpower to put up new quests anymore for it, like the “of lordaeron” we had at end of shadowlands. There are many small improvements that can soften the blow, if time is taken. Like the broken.

1 Like

they should of made broken a allied race, so they could of gotten their “Draenei warlocks”

6 Likes

Exactly this, WoW is going done the route of a free to play game were nothing matters. Not worth the sub at this point for me

7 Likes

It doesn’t even need to be retconned. It just needs a story to justify it. Draenei being warlocks isn’t impossible. Just improbable given the history and culture. So… justify it to make sense. That’s all they need to do.

Since I never said that, you can stop responding to me. Thanks.

6 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679773016703762440/981560891147448331/this.gif

28 Likes

You think they’re incapable of restricting specs?

But suppose that they’re somehow incapable of doing so (it IS current team so yeah maybe not lmao): Then take priests away from forsaken entirely or you don’t care about the lore.

1 Like