Draenei Heritage Quest

6 Likes

I liked that part of the quest actually. It felt to me like blizz was poking fun at its own expansion. The Auchenai are simply better at caring for the dead than the literal robots designed to do only that

4 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love the Auchenai, they’re one of my favorite parts of Draenei culture. Having good, non-tentacle shadow priests is something I really like.

Draenei always had this unique connection to death and it just kind of went unexplained when we had a Death themed expansion. But given how Shadowlands was that’s probably a good thing.

6 Likes

But Draenei have gets tossed into a van

4 Likes

shadowlands was a fever dream of the awakening world soul

So I’m stuck in this quest line. I got to the point of finishing the quest Moving Past, but according to one guide the next quest is Emergency Efforts and I can’t find where to pick that quest up. At the end of Moving Past, the two NPCs walked away and eventually phased out. But no one in the vicinity seems to offer the next step in this quest line.

You should find a npc close by with a quest mark, healing a wounded person.

The first time I used the quest item I was like ‘I really want this as a hearthstone’ and we got it at the end!

This and the orc heritage questline are my two favorites. I wonder if the same people worked on them?

8 Likes

It certaintly seems like it was with the amount of detail that was put into both of them and both being lovingly crafted for fans of those races. Whoever did do them, really knows their stuff :dracthyr_nod:

4 Likes

I need to go through it again on my Man’ari!

Such a solid questline, other than the bone collecting part.

3 Likes

I’m really happy to hear good news. I really wish every heritage questline had this much attention put into detail.
I am sucker for small little things that makes the world feel more alive, all little gesture and trivia information. This is what imo should be the norm. So it’s good to celebrate good work once that it is delivered.

4 Likes

Thanks that helped a bunch!

1 Like

I was kinda nervous when they first announced the draenei heritage quest. I wasn’t sure what they were going to do or how they were going to deal with a lot of heavier stuff. But
the love and affection in this questline was amazing.

They really nailed it out of the park on this one. But that’s me.

2 Likes

I don’t primarly play draenei so I thought that at worst it will be okayish.

I just wish as much effort was put to Darkspear one. It is me who is nervous after doing that quest. :worried:
The more I think about it, the more issues I see. I want to say I loved it, but I can’t. But at least somewhere else they didn’t fail. And I personally prefer when players are happy with what they’re given. I wish all of us were given something truly spectacular.

3 Likes

The trolls feel like they’re in the same boat as the worgen. Blizz doesn’t know what to do with them or how to write them properly, so they just do the bare minimum and hope nobody notices.

And I too wish everyone got something to be proud of. But it seems like blizz just doesn’t want to do a whole lot with trolls in general.

2 Likes

This is exactly the reason why I hold the most affection for worgen on Alliance, I see that they’re treated exactly the same- like crap. Barely any effort, barely any pressence, plots that fall falt on the face. Bizzare narrative choices, that makes you go WTF, everything is underwhelming and just begged to be given a second go, and be done by someone who cares for little details. I guess it’s the sense of injustive that makes me hold them so dearly, hope that one day they’ll finally get something good.

But well let’s not derail this thread with negativity. I’m really happy for space goats that they got something sweet out of it.

3 Likes

I did it on my penitent Man’ari and I loved the flavor of asking for forgiveness for all I’ve done during my time with the Legion. Great lore build up. Even the reaction of certain NPCs was spot on, truly felt included.

3 Likes

Unique Death Knight dialogue.

I have a Man’ari Death Knight that’s currently on this quest. I can’t wait to “ask for forgiveness for serving the Legion” on a Death Knight raised by Arthas.

1 Like

That’s really up to you to justify story-wise.
You picked a red skin DK, you figure out how that works.

Saying that you served both at different times really isn’t that difficult to think up.
And justifying how that happened is your own RP.

3 Likes

I’m doing the heritage quest on my main as I write this, but I wanted to point something out that I haven’t seen anyone mention yet. While Ataanya is talking about her past she mentions how her mother died on a colony planet.

I’m don’t know if this is supposed to be before the rise of the legion, or if this is supposed to be during their time on Draenor, but I just found it so interesting that the Draenei seem to of had multiple planets that they lived on at what. Sure, that’s also the case right now, but it’s for very different reasons. This is something I would have expected to hear in Star wars, not WoW. I just think it’s neat!

Also, between the heritage quest, the harbinger quest, and some TWW stuff like the Arathi’s real homeland not being hallowfall they seem to be setting up a lot of seeds for new future content. I wonder if we can expect an expansion that returns to Outland once the current saga is over?

8 Likes