Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

Ok got it, thanks

1 Like

apparently none of you ā€œ15-30 second cooldown plzā€ people play battlegrounds like Arathi where being able to soar from Lumber Mill to Mines or anywhere else on the map would be pretty dang strong.

Disable it in situations where you canā€™t use an equally capable flying mount.

8 Likes

It needs to be removed altogether. It doesnt break the game using the ability. It doesnt let you kill someone so why have a cd at all.

Literally the only reason i could see people whinge about no cd at all is you could use it to escape world pvp which honestly it wouldnt be that hard to implement something that makes it not usable in combat during warmode.

If it actually did something other than glide yeah give it a cd, but all it does is make you dragonride. The same way the mounts will, no cd on the mounts so why do dracthyr have it blizz

5 Likes

You already canā€™t use it in combat, indoors, or in any instance.

10 Likes

oh, ok.

chrisp/gotnov the alphaless unresearching noob

1 Like

Apparently you do not know that Soar cannot be used in any instanced content

3 Likes

5 minute cooldown, is that true?

FFS Blizzard, why must your game become a game of trinket and cooldown management to enjoy?

14 Likes

The fact it even has a CD to begin with isā€¦ alarming, at best. Fun detected (as many others have stated before me) at worst.

Like, I havenā€™t had a chance to faff around with Soar, but being a central feature to that race does feel rather limiting with such an absurdly long CD and then to also (from what I understand) give the skills CDs just as long attached to it is just stripping the joy of what general world use we get of Dragonriding.

I get they want the mount to be the bigger feature in that field here but literally whatā€™s the point of being a dragon and you canā€™t do dragon things to its maximum potential that game mechanics allow?

16 Likes

I might also add on that given Dragonriding is straight up Griffon from GW2, if Anet slapped CDs on how many times you can ascend and dive on the Griffon by 5 minutes, the playerbase would be up in arms and no one would use it.

And I use it religiously. Griffon is one of the most fun mounts Iā€™ve gotten to experience in any MMO- so I hope Blizzard donā€™t follow through with this ā€œdun goofā€ with their knock-off Griffon and keep the CD because Iā€™m baffled why the frick they think this is a good idea??

Let us freely fly with style dammit, both with mount and not! :C

6 Likes

If we complain hard enough, Blizzard will listen. Suprisingly in my years of playing this game all the way back from late vanilla ive -NEVER- seen them respond this fast to feedback. If weā€™re loud enough, we could get that CD off. I, for one, would love to just fly around like a mount.

10 Likes

It already is by virtue of Soar being usable anywhere flying mounts are permitted.
Because Soar is just baseline Dragon Riding, sans all perks thereto related supposedly set later to be attained in the expansion.

But thatā€™s only relevant if their goal is not to engender jealousy in players that arenā€™t Evokers, which to an extent it must be. Iā€™m betting itā€™s more a means of future-proofing, though, so that when a new expansion rolls around they can keep at least some form of leash on the one class that can circumvent their asinine hate-on for convenient early expansion locomotion.

Bump

2 Likes

If not no cooldown with the cast time like a mount, a shorter cooldown like 15-30 seconds, or even if needed one minute as has been mentioned above sounds reasonable.

5 minutes for each, as much as I donā€™t like the term and feel it is over used, does feel like a ā€˜fun detectedā€™ issue.

7 Likes

Just posting on here to bump the conversation up! We need this to be heard!

8 Likes

Iā€™d very much like the cooldown to match the dragon riding because if Iā€™m gonna play a Dracthyr, Iā€™d much rather stay in that form since Iā€™ve read we will be forced into our visage while using a mount.

4 Likes

They need to make demon hunters able to fly when out of combat too, hell Illidan could flyā€¦

2 Likes

Thats actually no longer the case, it got changed to ā€œChosen Identityā€ where its a toggle. You can now be a dragon in mount form or just be in your visage form when out of combat/soaring

5 Likes

iā€™m so glad the community is mostly in agreement to thisā€¦
If iā€™m a dragon i dont want to get on anything else to fly around unless i absolutely want toā€¦
I dont want to be a dragon riding a dragonā€¦
give me the fulll flight of dragonriding especially in dragonflight zonesā€¦ out i just really dont want a cooldown. I just wanna be able to fly around and see pretty zones.

9 Likes

Good news. Thanks! Hope they get the scaling right. lol

1 Like