Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

2 or 3 min would be good

0 min would be even better :smiley:

11 Likes

I really think if we get enough traction for this we can get blizzard to hear us. Theyve been listening pretty hard!

7 Likes

I would like to see the CD reduced to no more than 15 seconds, and ideally the full capability of the Dragon Riding system be applied to the Soar racial. By this, I mean the ability to use the Vigor mechanic and allow it to level along with our Dragon Riding skill so Dracthyr can have more Vigor slots over time.

8 Likes

Looks like a fun racial. And yes, the ability NEEDS to reduce or remove cooldown, or at the very least make the cooldown activate while flying.

7 Likes

Yeahh agree 100%, let’s make sure they hear us

No CD on Soar please!!!

11 Likes

I think that if the CD isn’t removed/severely nerfed the Dracthyr should get a traditional TBC style form of flying with their wings, since they don’t have a racial mount otherwise.
(Basically like a flying version of running wild, they have all the animations for it, I could probably even code it if I had the tools.)

In the end, it feels really bad for what’s essentially a racial mount to have a 5 min CD.

6 Likes

still having good times with the fel rush d/c

100% this. I’d accept that compromise. Being able to fly the traditional way seems reasonable

4 Likes

Absolutely, I can accept flying the normal way

3 Likes

Yeah, either Soar needs CD reduction and/or Dracthyr need to be able to fly the normal way.

7 Likes

Dragonriding has the potential to be WoW’s version of web-slinging from building to building for hours on end in the Spiderman video games - which is to say, one of the most addicting parts of the game. The fact that Blizzard has made movement interesting needs to be expanded on, not limited arbitrarily.

There have been some good and reasonable compromises discussed above. I don’t think compromises are necessary in this case, however, because the experience of non-Dracthyr players is not limited or infringed upon by Soar.

Functionally, Soar is the same as non-Dracthyr using a dragonriding mount - it has the same limitations, the same cast time, is disabled in battlegrounds/combat, etc. It grants no advantages over the system that non-Dracthyr engage with, it merely grants Dracthyr a different aesthetic on their screen while they engage with it. For this reason, Soar does not deserve a lesser cooldown - it merits a completely removed cooldown. Not partial dragonriding functionality - the full thing, as if you were using a fully upgraded dragonriding mount.

This won’t infringe on those who play other races. It just makes those wings Dracthyr have feel a little more useful. Let dragons fly like dragons!

14 Likes

Blizzard is teasing us lmao

The new PvP talent for Preservation, Dream Projection, basically makes you control a copy of yourself (like an eye of Kilrogg) that can fly using the traditional flying with its own animations that you don’t see during soar.
Such as flapping wings while flying, backwards flight, etc.

I just hope they take that exact animation set and give it to Dracthyr. If I have wings I don’t want to have to use a mount.

6 Likes

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3: Bravo!!! I couldn’t have put it better myself!!!

Omg really???!! Why Blizzard whhyyy!!! :tired_face:

1 Like

This is an unacceptable change by not also removing/reducing the CD…

14 Likes

Fun detected. Blizzard are a joke

11 Likes

Look we are totally listening to player feedback you guys! You keep the 5 minute CD and now you go slower! We TOTALLY read player feedback?

Next we’ll double the cooldown! That’s what you wanted right?

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

18 Likes

This took the wind out of my wings and I don’t even have them yet. I felt my heart drop for this expansion reading this blue post, it’s beyond oblivious to the community sentiment around the ability. What is going on?? We were on a roll with listening the previous weeks, what happened?

15 Likes

This is EXACTLY what they did with Shadowlands, took positive feedback and nerfed the fun out of it until they had WoW worst expansion ever.

11 Likes

Reduce/remove the CD, this is even more necessary given the speed nerf.

9 Likes