Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

A reasonable CD for literal flight, I think.

Demon Hunters stole meta, Tumblr scalies are stealing flight :axe: Deal with it.

Nah we don’t need flight. Doesn’t make much sense for the player character lore wise anyways

The whole point of the gliding is to keep you on the ground so you cant fly. Not even remotely suprised it has a long cooldown. Im honestly suprised the mounts dont have a few minutes

???

Please reduce the cd <3

11 Likes

But if these are Demon Hunter 2.0 in Racial, what have Blizzard thought of this race? where do you have your brains?

at least we will no longer be the OP’s due to the nerfing that it gave us in 2 horrible expansions, as well as every day there are more reasons not to want to play this new expansion.

Please reduce the CD, or give us the option to fly in the traditional way, thanks.

11 Likes

Agreed! Please remove the cooldown on Soar. Especially since the ability doesn’t give Dracthyr any advantage over other players, and is a pure fantasy racial, that fantasy is best fulfilled without a cooldown.

6 Likes

I’d like for the cooldown to be reduced, as well, but to me it seems having unfettered access to dragonriding would place evokers in a class above other classes. I think people figured out you can go like, twice the speed of a flying mount if you do it right.

That being said, I really really really want that unfettered access to dragonriding everywhere.

1 Like

I didn’t realize there was a cool down.
Why?
It should definitely work as the regular dragonriding mounts. Even worgen and druids don’t have cooldowns on their travel forms.

Very disappointing.

11 Likes

The five minute cooldown is torture, and even worse that it only starts after landing.

9 Likes

I think there would be a good argument to be made on reducing the cooldown if Dragon Riding gets brought to all old world zones. But for now, I have seen enough alpha videos of Soar vs Max Speed Flying mounts to see just how crazy the travel difference is.

I wish I could find the video again of the race from Orgrimmar to Razor Hill but the Evoker made it there in like 1/3 the time it took a max normal flying mount to. Not to mention you can use the ability whenever (as far as I am aware even in combat?) and no one, aside from other Evokers, would ever catch up to you.

I think 5 minutes is totally fair for now. Again, if Dragon Riding was active everywhere and not just on the Dragon Isles then I would agree.

With that said, Dragon Riding (and the Evoker Soar racial) look so fun! Seriously, the sense of speed, the interactivity of it, I really do hope they bring it to the rest of the game world at some point because it just legitimately looks fun.

Their “travel forms” don’t move at 950% speed or fly

You say–

Then the racial would also be restricted to the Dragon Isles, like Dragon Riding.

I disagree that soar does give an advantage, even more so of an advantage if the cooldown were removed. How do you figure that it doesn’t?

My understanding is that it can’t be used in combat, so you couldn’t use it in pvp situations, and it has the same cast time as a normal mount.

6 Likes

This video?

1 Like

Yeah! That was the video I was thinking of!

Again, don’t get me wrong, that looks so sick and fun! Look at the momentum and the sheer feeling of speed. So cool.

3 Likes

I don’t, either. This would enhance the fantasy and “specialness” of the new race enormously. People will still use dragonriding on their other characters, and I imagine even some Dracthyr players will prefer to use Visage form dragonriding. But there’s no good reason not to let Dracthyr players just have built-in dragonriding with all the uprgrades. I want to play as an actual dragon, not an elf cosplaying a dragon that needs another dragon to fly. If some of the advanced talents are too powerful or specific to Dragon Isles content, then just disable them in other zones; but leave the base dragonriding intact everywhere.

15 Likes

I like the way you phrased that. The current incarnation of Soar w/cooldown reinforces the idea that we are somehow cosplaying or playing-at the idea of being dragons, but are subpar. Removing the cooldown would reinforce the idea that we are actually dragons, and it has been stated in multiple interviews that the ability to play as a dragon is the fantasy of this race/class.

10 Likes

Meh, make them work that way. Expand it everywhere.
It likely will be.

A 5 minute cooldown is very excessive.

If everyone can have a mount that does this, then there’s no reason to restrict soar. It just needs to behave like the mount.

Why even use soar if there’s a button that has more buffs and no cooldown that does the same thing?

11 Likes

Yeah, it can keep its cooldown outside the dragon isles until dragonriding gets brought to the rest of azeroth. Lore excuse of “something something unfamiliar skies, can’t do as much outside of home turf yet”

Inside the Dragon Isles, though
 Doesn’t need the cooldown, the only advantage it has there is that it looks sick as hell. Give it the dragonriding perks there too.

9 Likes