Dracthyr - Soar (Needs CD Reduction)

I agree with this.
There is absolutely no reason for Soar not functioning the exact same as Dragon Riding on the Dragon Isles. Its speed and such should be tied to your account wide Dragon Riding progress, and provided with all the same benefits (as in vigor and such).
Outside of the Dragon Isles, the CD should still be removed or slashed to near 0 and function as it normally does (ideally with the original speed returned). Perhaps allow it to utilize the Dragon Riding system but when outside of the Dragon Isles it’s locked at level 1 progress.

11 Likes

They probably dont want them essentially having a flying mount from the start of the xpac while everyone else is on foot.

Everyone gets dragon riding from the start.

7 Likes

My racial cooldown’s an hour, I want it reduced to 2 minutes, too! :fox_face:

Glad people are still expressing concern for this issue. A 1 minute CD reduction is a slap in the face, and a potential extra minute knocked off the CD for basically getting the explorer achievement for wherever you are, is a total joke.

This poor stupid race can’t even use it’s target leap without the help of a group member. Basically there is no way for it to get altitude with it’s class kit without being out of combat and in a place that even allows flying in the first place. At which point, might as well just mount up. Basically it’s just a big fat turkey with a bad case of inflammatory indigestion.

I feel so bad for these turkeys. Compared to demon hunters, even warriors and rogues and mages, their mobility is a total waste of time.

5 Likes

Fun detected is what this sounds like

7 Likes

People making a big deal over nothing is what this sounds like.

Which is why I don’t understand why a handful of people keep obsessing over this racial.

Probably cause it’s weird to have a winged race that normally can fly get on a mount to fly.

12 Likes

Shed a tear for Plainsrunning.

I… I do. Everyday. And it’s still not here, after over 15 years worth of tear shedding. :dracthyr_lulmao:

It’s because of the race fantasy, at least for me.

I adore when I came play as a dragon and fly as that dragon. Dracthyr have wings: let them use them!

The choice to make soar… not a cosmetic version of dragonriding is a confusing one. I see absolutely no reason why not. It would solve all the complaints of people on the forums, Blizzard’s strangely quiet testers that are against it, and those of us who desperately want that dragon flying under their own power fantasy.

13 Likes

That’s totally not suspicious at all. Just like Blizzards own investigation into the harassment and other charges and said they didn’t find anything? lol

1 Like

AKA, not testers at all but developers and ion malding that people don’t like their vision of the game and refuse to listen to player feedback. It’s deliberate. They will stick to their guns until the final patch of Dragon Flight and be all like, “Oops, you guys were right. Here is unnerfed soar with no CD” To bring back sub numbers.

13 Likes

Another week with no updates on this topic.
Won’t stop until the community is listened to.

7 Likes

Honestly they should have just made more intelligent and creative decisions behind development of this class/race thing. Like, a double jump, and a third flap jump + a glide, or a targeted leap like DH metamorph or inferal strike, + regular flying mount flying, the kind you can stop middair with, would have been more than acceptable. then they dont seem so stupid and at such an aerial disadvantage in combat compared to demon hunters, and they wouldnt be going faster than everyone else in old world, therefore no need for a speed nerf. Plus side is, it’d basically be druid flight form as a racial.

Like honestly everyone makes a big stink about soar specifically, but that’s not the only aerial challenged issue these poor dumb turkeys have. Primarily their issue is that they were created by incredibly unimaginative people. But they are actually really tethered to the ground compared to every leap and jump and dash that demon hunters have.

TBH I feel like if you want to be a real aerial terror, you pick demon hunter instead of derp dragon. They even have a tank spec everyone cried about dracthyr not having. And DH Tank spank spec also has a fire breath attack. Wow! Better dragons were already in the game all along! Amazing.

2 Likes

I’m just hoping they make soar a cosmetic dragonflying. Well, begging… i really want to see them flying under their own power, with a racial mount being them flying as well. It’s a huge part of the fantasy of being a dragon, and I’m so disappointed so far.

I’m going to keep trying to get someone to see us clamouring for a fix, or in cases like me, a change in design direction.

11 Likes

Another week goes by and this still has a CD. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Still another reason to not buy DF.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

This request will not go away until it’s listened to.
It’s widely demanded, this is an instant win that shouldn’t be ignored

14 Likes

Still needs to be resolved.

11 Likes