Dracthyr Red Flags

Rebutall: Youre not a dragon though youre a Dracthyr… Dragons can transform into anything… Alex was a tree at one point… thing is at the end of the day youre not a dragon youre a Dracthyr and that is a key difference.

For example most Dragons can only use magic respective to their flight… but you are able to use magic from all the flights possibly due to you being Created through the Demon Soul.

2 Likes

i need dracthyr druids!

1 Like

As per usual, we got Monkey Paw’d by Blizzard.

We asked for dragons, we got Venthyr or whatever these abominations are called.

2 Likes

“Dracthyr Evokers freely switch between two customizable forms—choosing between a humanoid visage, and a fearsome draconic form to battle foes and overcome obstacles.”

I wonder if this is accurate or misleading. To me it sounds like you can pick which form to use when you wanna…but is that the case?

They start at level 58 in their own starting zone.

Sounds awesome.

2 Likes

Given the placement of the comma, it sounds like the draconic form is one you use in battle. In other words, it looks like this is going to be the Worgen all over again.

Then it’s misleading as it says freely change, and that’d be something you can’t do.

Does need clarification.

I feel like worgen and anything that changes in a similar manner should have their spell work like a hunter pet.

Click it on, click it off, right click for auto activate on combat and revert.

1 Like

Some of the spells make use of your wings so you will be in dragonform. It may be like Worgen but I think that is okay. If I wanted to play human then I would make a human. Dragonform all the time is what I would want.

1 Like

And we’ve never had classes that had spells/skills with animations including wings spontaneously appearing and then disappearing.

Demon Hunters. I mean Demon Hunters.

1 Like

To be fair, if I recall correctly the race-class starts at 58 in their starting area.

1 Like

They could do that. It would be boring though. I like their choice much better.

Boring to some, not to others. As I said in my OP:

Giving your players as much creative freedom as possible with their game avatars will always be a big win for you.

2 Likes

Much like potentially allowing Worgen to fight in human form would not hurt anybody, allowing Dracthyr to fight in humanoid form would not hurt anybody.

I’m glad you like licking boots, but c’mon.

2 Likes

The humanoid forms should look more like Wrathion and less like belfs.

1 Like

Thinking your idea is bad is licking boots. Right.

1 Like

I do think that your concept of limiting quite possibly one of the most harmless things somebody could ask for just because YOU don’t like it is bad, hence why I said you’re licking boots.

2 Likes

That isn’t what licking boots even means.

1 Like

Why would anyone in their right mind enter combat out of dragon form if this was the case?

It’s just the rig. Female Dracthyr have elven ears just like the males.

The best RP isn’t your backstory, it’s the stories you make while you RP.

1 Like

I hope you can I want to heal in a pretty humanoid form with a pretty dress XD

It’s important to keep threads like this bumped. The idea of a class being locked behind one unappealing race to most without any ability to look more appealing in combat is absurd. Imagine if Pandaren were the only ones able to be monks.

The only way Blizzard will walk this back is if we keep talking about it.

2 Likes

I would also probably go this route, but I would probably change it up regularly tbh. Idk if I would want to worry about transmogging my character and making a unique-looking character if I will never be able to see it when I am actually playing the game