Dracthyr Red Flags

If you want to play as a human or belf, play as a human or belf.

These are dragons.

1 Like

I just hope they would rework dress looking. I want a pretty dress like Npc have not a boring cylinder that is 18 year old

the best solution to this is just have some abilities activate your dragon form briefly, like the one where they breath fire and fly forward. let dragon form activate briefly for stuff like that like Demon form for DHs. haven’t really seen anything yet but can the dragon form even use transmog? nowhere in the video did it look like the dragon form was wearing anything

1 Like

I completely agree with you, i want to play the new class, but I don’t want to tie my identity to a beast race, I respect people who play beast races, but they arent for me, and its not breaking their lore to just let the humanoid form do combat as a toggle.

1 Like

Lore should never bend over backwards in service of RP head canon. I agree with the rest of your post though.

1 Like

This could be a good thing. They go all out on new armor, especially if they like the race it’s going for (improvements to leather for DH). Mail might be in for some better looking stuff.

1 Like

swoon Dracthyr, ruin my life~! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

The only one limiting lore for your character as a rper is you. Stating something as immersion breaking means nothing because immersion is so subjective. On reading this part my mind went right to Chromie Time, Caverns of Time, and all those bronze dragons that let you “play” in the past. As a Dracthyr the understanding that I will take part in Vanilla (well Cata because the old zones are gone), BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA, and Shadowlands by using bronze flight time magic. This reasoning fits well with the establish lore and systems already in game for people.

In the end their lore has given players a completely blank slate to work with. It is great for whatever rp you want to go with. They pretty much are on par with Nightborne in this because they were removed from the world at large for so long. Honestly it was the same for Worgen, Goblins, Pands, Highmountain, and BFA allied races. So if people can find a way to play all the other new races the same will be done for Dracthyr.

At the same time, If they have a spell that is to do a strafing run with dragon fire, does that really make sense to happen in human form?

1. Demon Hunters.
  2. Mages (Dragonfire Spell).

I think the biggest red flag is that their humanoid form are basically just reskinned allied races with a few bits and pieces picked from another race and forced together to create a kind of janky looking finish product.