Dracthyr needs masculine and feminine dragon form

LOL thinking that means anything :rofl:

Please show me where I said otherwise.

It isn’t debatable. Only the Aspects have looked different. That’s actual fact. Not opinion.

I see we’ve now come to the personal insult portion of the evening, because you dislike that you didn’t get an echo chamber.

The irony of your statement is hilarious.

3 Likes

Wanting more masculine or feminine options doesn’t mean they need to be sexy. Just…masculine and feminine.

3 Likes

My gripe is the dragon form itself just looks… bad. It’s a worgen skeleton with wings. It’s terrible. I do not like it.

1 Like

The posting indicated it this way. If it doesn’t reflect your thoughts, then I am sorry. Do you want to see a male dragon form as well?

In the Trivia section says “Almost every female dragonspawn is a caster instead of a melee fighter, with visible breasts”
h ttps://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonspawn

I’m…pretty sure I said it was just the aspects. Mostly pointing out that it is still entirely possible to provide those options (or at least something similar) for the new races, and that I think it would be a good idea. Again though, I think that having a neutral dragon should be a choice as well. Choices for everyone isn’t a bad thing.

I don’t know, may be because this is a fantasy universe where the basic laws of nature can be skipped, right? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s fun watching people perform mental gymnastics trying to apply real world logic to a fantasy world, isn’t it? lol Pretty sure WoW breaks every conceivable and inconceivable law of nature present in the real world.

2 Likes

Imo what they should do is keep the models they have but make their facial features more feminine, and then make a beefier model for the guys. They did it for the Worgen, they could do the same for the drakes.

3 Likes

Masculine and feminine forms are not inherently sexual, I don’t think this is the correct issue you’re trying to touch on.

Regardless of whether or not their forms need to lean one way or another, at the end of the day the model is very one note and encouraging blizzard to add variations to it can only help, masculine, feminine or otherwise.

5 Likes

Sexual dimorphism is inherently sexual, and that’s what you’re asking for. Furthermore, you’re asking for mammalian sexual characteristics (because you’re a mammal, and that’s what you respond to) to be applied to a decidedly non-mammalian species.

2 Likes

Why can’t the playable dragons look like people love to play from other franchises? I have seen this very detailed dragon picture getting shared which originates from DnD apparently.

Ya I been seeing solutions to this today. Couple of people made tweaks to the actual model the company created. While others on reddit suggest to recycle the male and female gargoyle forms/Stoneborn from SLs just change the heads. (I actually thought both ideas were alright)

Um tbh I never really cared if they had different forms. If they looked like actual dragons on all fours etc. As most dragons are pretty indistinguishable… these are not dragons… I’m not sure what they are, but they walk on two legs and have very long legs. (Gives off weird humanoid feel) So no I don’t think of dragons when I see them.

I was pretty much indifferent to all three suggestions and thought all were pretty stellar. The latter being my original rant. About maybe them look like dragons and having cool vibes/gritty going for them.

From the context of what the poster I responded to meant it, not particularly. There’s a difference between being meant for sex and being sexy.

The funny thing with Dracthyr is that their lore is very actively pointing them in the direction of being dragon/humanoid mutants/hybrids.

They don’t swing to the dragon side exclusively just because they resemble them more closely, there’s a very obvious anthro vibe going on with their models and it crosses into uncanny valley when anthro proportions aren’t applied to them, I suspect that’s the main reason people find them off-putting.

That being said there’s nothing wrong with the androgynous aesthetic for them as well, there should just be options for the latter, we’ve seen dragon hybrids before in Drakonids, we had an idea of them already, and Dracthyr do not scratch that itch.

4 Likes

Do you have the same issue about Worgen?

The post was my personal “I think,” not “everyone.” It specifically said that in those exact words. I do understand others have different opinions, so I try to keep my opinions and theories to just ke, unless I have some anecdotal evidence for some that I know.

Except that trivia section isn’t backed up by factual reference with a citation. So it’s someone’s opinion on a wiki.

I’m not refuting that it isn’t possible. I was commenting on the “opinion” made of actual dragon forms, when factual evidence shows that outside of the Aspects, the dragons themselves don’t have male and female forms.

I recognize your opinion on wanting the new race to have the options, even if I don’t agree. I was merely commenting on the dragons themselves and their forms.

1 Like

i too would like a way to tell the lady dragons apart from the man dragons.

would make’em a little easier to categorize. like, i can’t call all of’em ‘he’ if some are ladies, and if they look too similar, i won’t be able to word my sentences good when i talk about folks playing’em!

‘oh you know xaithandri? yeah he plays a dragon right? wait, they’re a lady? ah heck…’

and calling everybody ‘they’… does’nt feel right. feels like i’m insulting them…

2 Likes

They gave female dhs a feminine chest for 30 seconds of gameplay(extended by brandful sin but thats more recent) at random times. But they can’t give a proper female chest to a dragon race that’s gonna be in dragon form 24/7…think about it.

Disagreed. I like the androgynous look - it fits WoW dragons, who aren’t sexually dimorphic.

However, I do think appearance options like jewelry as a racial sex thing could be neat, similar to how Alexstrasza wears jewelry.

3 Likes

More customization in a MMORPG is always good. It’s what has made character customization so much better for everyone. Besides right now the non dragon form looks like they’re all dressed for mardi gras. Personally I’d like to see more dragon and less humanoid. That or what Wrathion looks like in non dragon form.

3 Likes