Dracthyr needs masculine and feminine dragon form

I believe Blizzard could contact him through LinkedIn… er, the company, not the profile.

The models are already symmetric. What they are not, is sexually appealing to mammals. That person upthread is right, you’ve never laid eyes on a reptile.

1 Like

No. All the other races have distinctly male and female forms.

We can have one that doesn’t.

2 Likes

Wow, what a snowflake. If you don’t want to play WoW because they’re adding dragonborn casters who are lithe and androgynous, then bye, go cry about it I guess? Nearly every playable male model is already massive, the game is not going to be unplayable if the new dragonkin lack sexual dimorphism. Dragonborn are frequently depicted as a slender race, that’s the main playable race from D&D that was still absent from WoW, so it makes a lot of sense. At launch the only class they can be is exclusively ranged dps and heals, it seems appropriate for them to be thin.

5 Likes

They’re only casters. Through what activity would they get bulky?

1 Like

…Did you seriously look at the female visages and think they’re not drop-dead gorgeous? What does it matter which skeleton they use, they don’t look like humans. Female elves are extremely slender and male humans are extremely broad, using the male elf and female human skeletons mean they’re more similar in width and stance, which makes sense with the androgynous style they went with for the dragon form

4 Likes

Exactly. You never see tall bulky paratroopers. Because they are meant to be light, agile, mobile fighters.

Same with the Dracthyr. They are super light, super mobile, light fighters. This is what they should be.

4 Likes

And it’s ben 10k years of wizard work. The race is breeding for power, not size.

They aren’t breeding. They were bred. Only a few dragons can lay eggs. The really big ones.

They haven’t been wizarding for 10,000 years, they’ve been sleeping.

Oh well then yeah, there should be a ton of jacked Dracthyr then.

I’m slow to get out of bed If I sleep late an hour. Imagine a 10,000 year oversleep.

1 Like

Uh, nothing about a Dragonborn in D&D is “slender”. Dragonborn Paladin is one of the most popular combinations. Thanks for the ‘snowflake’ comment, though, at least I know you’re a mental midget before having to engage any further.

The timing is… sus, as the kids say.

Why does bulkier mean more masculine and slender mean more feminine? Why does gender play into this argument at all? Can we just have more body type options regardless of gender? I don’t see why just adding some more bulkier body types that any character of any gender can select, just like many other customizations on other races, is a problem.

3 Likes

Reminding me of when male blood elves were announced.

It doesn’t, always. But when bulkier ends up being broader shoulders and narrower hips, and slender ends up being the opposite, our human eyes see gender cues.

I really like that the natural Dracthyr form avoids those cues, and while I hope for body shape options for Dracthyr, and all the races, I also hope the Dracthyr models stay with the theme of being deliberately devoid of gender cues

The hips are just as wide if not wider in some fan made revisions (a simple google search can find these), it’s just a bulkier dragon form. Again, gender doesn’t need to have a role in this debate.

It’s naive, at best, disingenuous at worse, to think that gender is not intrinsic in this issue.

I dont know what the fricking argument is really, it’s a mmo and most people want to be unique with there chars. The new models look good I think agree or disagree but I think the point is keep the models we have and maybe add alittle more customization for a bigger build…there everyone is happy. I personally would like the option…and who cares what dragons look like it’s fantasy, they can be whatever blizz makes them.

Is gender real and natural? Because it seems like people want devs to do a TON off work to meet their exacting standards of masc/fem, when i just see scaly dragon-adjacent folk who want to evoke it up and save the world or something.

You’re yucking on a lot of yums, and you’re doing it for free. Why?

2 Likes