Dracthyr needs masculine and feminine dragon form

I think they are, and it’s truly a shame imo when we had the winged race from Venthyr already to set a pretty good precedent.

I have already given up here, I have given my two cents. Apparently no-one can tell feminine facial features on draconic faces (except the various ones who easily can), and the only way to show feminity is breasts.

They have already described another game (EQ) which has a reptilian race with two sexes that has distinguishing ways to differentiate the genders (description given as the male is more snake like, and female more salamander), but they are seen as all males because they don’t have breasts.

I don’t see any way to say it better than the facial features of the draconic females here by Blizzard have obvious feminity to them, if it can’t be seen (as the example I’d originally said where some say they can’t tell Vulpera apart despite the obvious facial differences even ignoring the chest completely), nothing more I can say.

2 Likes

so if i put two gender neutral dracs in front of you, how do you know which one is female? you dont because you arent supposed to, cause they’re neutral. problem is the default neutral is to remove all cues we use to distinguish females, and all that remains is default male.

I have the same problem with Ogres tbh.

Once again, applying breasts and giving one model an hourglass figure isn’t the only way to distinguish sexes. Please think beyond the “traditional” ideas. There’s a reason I mentioned Charr tails. That’s a creative way to implement sexual dimorphism, that fits with the lore of the race.

3 Likes

Using a stereotypical perception that “male” means your idea of human male.

Try finding these male traits on a male tree.

2 Likes

What lore of this race says they can’t have those types of models? There isn’t any. Nice try.

In fact, if you look at the females of other Dragonkin related races you will see that some have those. Woops.

We. Don’t. Want. Charr. Equivalents.

There is a REASON the Charr are the least played race in GW2.

People arguing this deluded “Uuuh find male traits on a male tree???” style of argument are out of their mind. They Dracthyr are obviously not male trees, but you know what they are? Humanoid bipeds. HUMAN. OID. HUMAN LIKE. LIKE THAT OF A HUMAN.

Haha, reminds me of that comment where the dad finds his son looking at Furry stuff, and he rips open his shirt and announces it’s a Scalie household.

so no hourglass, no breasts, no make-up, no “hair”, no charr indicators, just a gender neutral (aka no female humanoid features) drac, who basically just looks like a guy

Play an orc if you want masculine characters.

This is a caster race. It looks fine.

2 Likes

This would be a great addition and fit the existing system well. They could implement it similar to a race change, the first time a player logs in after adding these presets requires a character model selection.

1 Like

No. I am beyond tired of Blizzard taking things and throwing a pair of boobs on it and calling it a day. This race should be unisex in dragon form like dragons are supposed to be.

My hope with this is they open more allied races up with a similar manner like the Sethrak we rightfully deserve.

6 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679773016703762440/966416094854250577/unknown.png

1 Like

“Most people” want a new Draco race to adhere to hyper-dimorphic, comic-book-human stereotypes? I must have missed that survey, because I never saw it.

However, just a casual perusal through social media tells me that androgynous looks are super IN right now. So much so that they may overtake your silent majority.

1 Like

Only among the woke-leftist crowd, most people are not part of that crowd

Well, the crowd is big enough that companies are going for them, so there’s that.

Can’t be mad about capitalism just because it leaves you behind. Gender is out and fluidity is in.

I saw that version on facebook just a bit ago and absolutely love it.
I want that for my character.
Let us have to versions to choose from.
Lithe and muscular.

4 Likes

Honestly, the models already look feminine enough. So I guess you are correct, they now need a masculine model. The current skinny, weak jaw line, narrow shouldered model looks like what I’d imagine a furry community dragon would look like. Give it a stronger jaw line, thicker neck, broader shoulders, etc. Make it a dragon, not a furry.

What doesn’t make sense is wow has always had comically large males. Why are these guys so puny?

Either beef him up, make a slider, or add a 3rd gender