Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

Leaving aside that that little excuse never mattered starting by druids being available even though they were only harvest witches, that excuse makes even less sense now that the default starting experience is at some point after Legion

Yeah so it’s only a matter of time to be updated

So my new question is why is there no Evoker tank? seems like this could have been a great class to have like druid with melee, range heals and tank. It would have been everything everyone could have wanted, and bobby would have gotten his new yacht with all the new subscriptions.

remember when humans couldn’t be hunters. Same logic

2 Likes

You know after fiddling with talents and looking at animations and the lack of Black skills vs the other 4 types, i think a tank spec might’ve actually been considered for them originally but got canned for whatever reasons (budget, design, etc).

1 Like

Worked out so good.

Never even heard of it.

1 Like

Our heads feel disproportionately small for our bodies…

we got these gigantic clawed feet and big shoulders with an itty bitty neck and tiny snake like head.

Perhaps we just arent smart enough to be anything but our natrual born evoker build.

2 Likes

Except there are plenty of Non-Evokers, Evokers are the cream of the crop the best of the best of the best SIR with Honors.

Doesn’t matter anymore with the new starting zone.
Needs to happen.

They should probably have let them be the big three of RPGs: fighter/mage/thief as well as the nice shiny Evoker.

I agree, this is a topic that was brought up, wheres all the black flight skills, was it intended to be a tank and the rush to release, canned it?

Most likely given this release is rushed to get away from the bad rep of Shadowlands (that’s also why they canned 9.3 and merged it with 9.2), can only hope it works out cause as it stands we only have what? 3? black dragon skills atm and only one of those is damage based.

I trained this dog in combat, he should be able to use this Desert Eagle. Why isn’t he using it? He is a highly trained COMBAT dog!

Evokers can be seen as a focus on draconic ability. So they focus on themselves and their natural potential. Meanwhile a warrior would not have the fire breath you’d expect, and their flight capability would be weaker, but they’d have training at arms or with stealth or with other magic.

It would be terrible racial design to have one-class races because that just doesn’t make sense. Nevermind that it’s also incredibly boring mechanically; once you’re done with Evoker, or if you don’t LIKE Evoker, then that also kills Dracthyr as a whole off. Which, uh, is terminally stupid.

1 Like

Let me play as a Dragon Priest Blizz!

1 Like

It would be weird for a dracthyr to be shooting fire out of it’s mouth doing the dragon attack animations for damage and healing in visage form.

It makes sense to do dragon attacks in Dracthyr form and not visage.

I would like a Dracthyr dearh knight, warrior or druid though.

:panda_face:

1 Like

no one would want to play their underwhelming boring new class if drac could play other classes

Well call me Odysseus then.

Imagine being a dragon that can fly and shoot fire and ice out of their mouths but decides to pick up a bow and arrow instead.

Silly.

"For the Dracthyr specifically we did want to pair the race and the class together tightly, so I wouldn’t expect to see any Dracthyr warriors in the near future.”

Well here is some bad news, it’s not buried yet but it looks like they are trying to close the coffin on other classes for Dracthyr.