Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

Well, if they get to tank I want to heal.

By that logic all races should just be monks then.

Can’t a warrior roll around?

You can’t think of it that way

Slow, long glance to the worgen monks.

You are trying to compare apples to silicon breasts, it is closer to saying worgen can be paladins, but they lose the ability to turn into worgen. :thinking:

Don’t get me wrong some of the class combinations available now make little to no sense but you are trying to apply logic from a race-class relationship when for the dragonkin they are indivisibly the same, would it be amazing for classes to get expanded on to include race specific class abilities? Yeah though would be cool. Do I think blizzard would/should put that much effort into revolutionizing how races interact with classes right now? not really.

Worgen can’t be monks because of their starting experience being set before mop.

My point is that monks throw kicks and punches and roll around the battle field. Something that theoretically anyone can do, yet it’s restricted to monks.

Same logic applies to evoker abilities that require draconic anatomy.

So I don’t agree that dracthyr and evoker have to be tied to the hip.

Again, a dracthyr warrior would be able to use their tails and wings anyway via their racial abilities. Just not as effective as an evoker.

Same reason a warrior can throw a punch when unarmed but nowhere near as effective as a monk.

1 Like

Obviously like the Death Knight and Demon Hunter this will go away but until it does, I almost refuse to make a Drakthyr. Blizzard, I do not want to play an Evoker! So, to even make one would rob me of my one slot assuming we have any chance of another class option or two being added during Dragonflight. We all know how unlikely that is and that most likely we are waiting until 11.0 when such a restriction would be lifted.

Personally, I think having to wait for 11.0 is messed up if that’s the plan. Such a restricted new race is a bad idea. Healers and casters only appeal to so many players. But I know the same can be said for the other side of the argument and who melee and tanks appeal to.

This is 10.0! Blizzard should have gone all in and made another 4-spec class. Given the aspects and the powers I am sure this would have been easy to cover.

They need Louis Gossett Jr to do a voice

After playing beta I would love to play a Dracthyr warrior. The class feels extremely limited right now as they only have 2 specs damage or heals. At least ONE melee class with a tank option would be amazing. If enough people voice dissatisfaction I’m sure it will happen eventually. This might be a stretch but I wouldn’t be surprised if the race got more classes maybe a few months after the expansion releases. If a ton of people end up hating them when it hits retail. I’m definitely all for them having more classes.

1 Like

The problem still is that evoker abilities are closer to a big wack of racials instead of a skill learned like those of a monk or the weapon proficiency of a warrior - what are are suggesting is like asking a tauren to forget how to stomp or a worgen darkflight (which is just sprinting lets be honest).

Why do people feel the need to say things like this? For one everyone knows it’s a game, two we don’t need someone telling us what to enjoy or not! Your post Basically is completely unnecessary and pointless

Dracthyr looks like a Worgen but with Lizard Effects LOL!!!

While I understand there’s a few points you’re forgetting about.

1.) Dracthyr were created to be Evokers from the get-go; Neltharion made them that way so they aren’t knowledgeable of other classes. It’s like complaining that you trained a dog to fight but somehow it can’t use guns.

2.) Blizzard has said (on multiple interviews you can find) that they will eventually unlock all classes for all races with Paladin, Shaman, and Druid being obvious to take longer, and some issues with lore (Draenei Warlock comes to mind)

Evokers are only the best of the best, most Dracthyr aren’t evokers.

1 Like
  1. No the lore in game has shown that Evokers are the top tier of the Dracthyr. They were created as soldiers using power from all 5 flights mixed with Mortals to be a better soldier than the drakonids used at the time. But never were they all Evokers, the Evokers are the ones who can master all 5 flights magic.

2. Not once has this been said it has been stated that Blizzard might be open to the idea of someday down the line opening them up. But we have never had a positive affirmation that anyone is or will be working on it.

They need more teeth ,more weight , more muscles and more ferocity.

Right now they look like skinny lizard with ugly wings attached to their back

2 Likes

Honestly the only disappointment I have with Dracthyr is their class-lock to Evoker.

I just want to make a warrior tank. :worried:

3 Likes

someday might be when the game is no longer very interesting for a good portion of people to play, and to late to save a game that’s not open to change

Oooh, that’s curiously intriguing. :open_mouth:

I was under the impression Blizzard had plans in motion for a 2nd Dragon race?
– Personally I thought they’d introduce a bulkier one (Akin to ‘Drakonid’ models) and have them be able to do most classes.

You know whats funny tho, a Black dragon created the dracthyr, they have like one black dragon ability…

Oh I know I have been pushing against the restriction since it was announced.

1 Like

My theory on that is that at the time of their creation, Neltharion was at least aware of the existence of the old gods but hadn’t quite been corrupted by them yet, and so he wanted to limit their connection to the earth to avoid them being corrupted too