Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

This is true. However, I do think that it would be a more sensible option to simply add Drakonids as a playable race to fully appeal to the physical side of the draconic fantasy coin.

People that want a bulky draconic race with sexual dimorphism and the ability to tank win.
People that agree with the philosophy behind the Dracthyr Evoker exclusivity are uncompromised.

Wins all around.

What compromise? Dracthyr aren’t robots. They don’t do beep-boop, they’re capable of learning new things or having their own desires. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be suitable as PCs because they’d be on strict autopilot.

I would be down for the Dracthyr to have more body types to maybe appeal to the bulkier melee fantasy, but a one-class race makes less than no sense because it infers that is literally all the race can do. Imagine if Orcs were Warriors and Shamans and that’s it. They’d be memed on for the entirety of the game.

1 Like

I say if we see one Dracthyr using weapon to fight in game we riot.

I see no reason a Dracthyr WOULDN’T want to pick up a weapon!

‘I tend to be pretty squishy if things get to me. Maybe if I used this really long spear/big sword I could keep things away from me. Nah, better go in with claws and hope for the best.’

1 Like

well you have 3 races - gnomes, goblins and vulpera who by that logic should not be able to tank so

1 Like

No knowledge of the other classes in the world? I am willing to bet we will come across tons of other types of Dragons and other beings in these zones that will be Warriors, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, and so on and so forth. You get my drift.

This just Evokers is nonsense and makes me a little mad.

2 Likes

Well the Dracthyr we’re playing have been isolated (I think?) from the rest of the world. I don’t recall if they were dormant, but if they were it would definitely make sense that they didn’t know about anything besides Evoking. If they weren’t dormant, I could only really see them teaching themselves to be Warriors, Hunters, Rogues and Mages (Mages cause they’d lean into the blue Dragonflight part of the class)

Playing a Dracthyr as a warrior would be insanely cool. The concept of being a dragon dual-wielding 2h weapons is pretty badass. Even if it was only 1 other class they have access to I would vote warrior.

Not as badass as a Drakonid with a couple two-handers.

I’ve not responded to this in ever.

But I have Beta, and Evokers are stated to be the elite Dracthyr. Implying they aren’t all Evokers.

Also, they now have voice lines for Energy, Rage, and Ammo.

1 Like

Ammo? Hunters have infinite ammo now so why bother with that?

Do you mean focus?

I personally don’t know about it. They would need their racials nerfed into dust if they where added as other classes. Imagine a Rogue, Mage and other classes with good CC getting to have another kockback + knockup. They would need to at least be removed from racials and added to the class.

As long as they find a way to do it without making the racials worse for Evokers who rely on them then IDC.

You realize that Tauren can be rogues and mages now, War Stomp is incredible.

Kul tirans also have a knockback racial they can use.

So Dracthyr are fine as is for other classes. I believe the cooldown is either 1.5 or 2.5 min for both wing buffet and tail sweep. Unless you’re an evoker who specs into a reduction on them.

I do not mean focus. The dialogue says Ammo, for both Visage and Drachtyr form in both sexes. It’s already been recorded.

My guess is it was pre-recorded when they envisioned adding Ammo back to Hunters.

Then again Void Elves and Nightborne have Demon Hunter lines for Fury. So it may mean nothing.

But the fact that they have the voice lines are a good extra hint imo.

1 Like

Makes me think of Demon Hunters and that class had TWO races. DH got old fast.

Dracthyr 100% will get more classes in the future.

Not only have blizz stated themselves in interviews shortly after the reveal of DF that it’s a possibility (because nothing is stopping a drac from picking up a sword and being a warrior), but also the starting experience for eveokers.

As the OPs edit states, the starting quests for evokers confirm that not all dracthyr are evokers. It’s safe to assume those dracthyr will learn the same ways of mortals after joining the two biggest mortal factions on azeroth.

Plus, nothing is gonna stop me from becoming a dracthyr paladin.

4 Likes

Warstomp is a joke compared to the Dracthyr racials, and there are two of them. It also causes DR so it’s a negative for rogues depending on the content over using their real stuns. It has it’s uses sure, but it’s pretty useless in most situations in WoW.

Warstomp Fully stuns, the Dracthyr ones just just push them away and slow them down really along with an interupt.

So warstomp imo is more useful.

But at the end of the day, the two racials arent anything special when you consider say Zandalari racials. They also don’t deal damage, so I doubt they’d be changed or removed for other classes.

That’s why they made them racials over class spells.

1 Like

I think that is debatable. In a general PvE situation Warstomp will be much more consistently useful because of the aoe interrupt effecting an entire pack of mobs but what the double racial (that really should trigger the CD on both if your not an evoker) gains is significantly more control over who gets the interrupt/moved.

I think they’re about even because of that in PvE but the Drac racials are significantly stronger in PvP whenever there is a cliff around and you can land a 3 ish second stun to guarantee any class goes over.

True Drac racials are strong in PvP. But other races have really strong/OP PvP racials too.

At least Dracthyr can be either faction, so we won’t have wars about favoritism because of that.

But I could see the cooldown to them being increased to like 4 or 5 min, but evokers talent to reduce the cooldown being a greater reduction.

Yeah, they kinda need a lot of things: Better model, an additional female body type, the ability to display the armor they are wearing, the ability to mount up without leaving dragon form, the ability to be at least 6 more classes,

Right now they are just an npc class with npc abilities, like when you mind control something with a priest. It just feels lazy and awkward.