Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

There is a reason why I think they don’t. I suspect they have a weapon. Probably a staff. They don’t fight with it though. I think it will only be visible in visage.

This race/class is most likely more akin to druid in functionality. It is a unique form like bear form from druids. Other classes probably wouldn’t work with it. It is likely why evoker requires Dracthyr form. It would probably be like a human using cat or bear animations. It probably wouldn’t work well.

I have to admit that I am a little sad I can’t roll a Mage. It’s my favourite class, and I would have prefered to make a Dracthyr Mage. That said, I will put up with any class they make me to make one of those amazing dragonkin, so I better learn to love Evoker. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is all well and good, but I want to be a Drakthyr paladin.

2 Likes

Evoker is basically a mage that sometimes enters melee range. Make them play like Red Mages from FFXIV. You build a meter with magic then unleash that meter for huge damaging combos.

1 Like

I know that, but the spellcasting style isn’t specifically what I will miss. I am going to sorely miss my Ice Block, nice simple Frost rotation, and Mage portals. :frowning:

Yes they can.

You forgot pakladins. You can throw hammers at people while flying around. Imagine flying over a BG spamming hammer of wrath. That would be absolutely lit, dooood.

Drac only need to be 1 class. They r draguns they r only power is 1 spec plz

this is the only critisism that I think is valid for this new race.

They need more classes. There’s no point in having a cool race if you can only play one way.

9 Likes

I hate not being able to fight in my human form, all my cool trasmog and hair will be never seen u.u.

3 Likes

I was surprised that they can’t be tanks, especially since they only have two specializations.

I like the idea of the dragon people using different combinations of the elements, but I think they could go a little farther with that, either offering a second dps spec or a tank spec. There’s so much variety in the different types of dragon npcs, it’s strange to see them so limited as a playable feature class.

I think the new dragon class/race is a little too on-rails for my tastes.

Maybe they should be able to play other classes, but can only play them in their Au Ra forms.

They just don’t want to finish more work

4 Likes

No it wouldn’t. It’s a dragon being a dragon. Nothing more or less. The class is the race, the race is the class.

It sounds like you just want to play a human, elf, etc mage, warrior, or shaman. You want to be a dragon, but not a dragon. You want to be a human, but not a human.

It’s a dragon, we get to be dragons. It’s the ultimate in the fantasy genre. Dragons are the ultimate. The fact people don’t think that’s the coolest thing ever on it’s own without it having to also be something it’s not is baffling to me.

13 Likes

They absolutely need more classes, come on Blizz this will be pretty awkward on launch if they can only be Evokers. I can understand keeping the Evokers exclusive to them, fine, but I want to be A Dracthyr warrior so bad…

5 Likes

They likely decided to make a unique model and animation rig to

take advantage of dragon features so a new class

Take advantage of new dragonflight flying. They will likely be able to make all the same animated moves the actual dragons do.

They lose compatibility with other classes to improve dragon Fantasy. seems like a good trade off

4 Likes

Blizzard has more balls than any corporation I’ve ever seen in my life I think. A new race that can only be 1 class and no other race can play the new class lmfao???

I’m starting to realize that dragons in WoW just aren’t all that cool, especially compared to Dark Souls and Elden Ring dragon lore. A dragon race that only attacks from range? That’s what the DPS spec is right? That makes no sense.

3 Likes

Yeah… honestly it’s pretty lame.

I understand not wanting to add tank/melee dps to the new class (again) but locking them from the other classes too is just silly.

They’re basically killing the race before it even launches due to its ludicrously restrictive scope.

My theory is eventually all classes will get new specs. In order to not leave the new class out, they left out an aspect to make into a future spec. So they gave a ranged dps and a healer for now to make up for the holes in the previous classes.

The reason they are doing this is the exact opposite. They want this race to do everything the dragons you can train do. the Arial maneuvers. They also want combat that takes advantage of their dragon features hence evoker. The scope of dracthyr is huge. It likely means it will prohibit other options because of the model and rig required

2 Likes