Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

Oh for sure, everyone tries out the hot new thing. Still won’t be nearly as much if they could be mages, warriors, etc.

1 Like

I’m sure blizzard expected that people would be upset by their choice. They did explain why. Like it or not this is what they are going with.

It really isn’t a race/class. They are dragonlike creatures. They have dragon abilities.

3 Likes

Every other new class since ever has been a tank.

7 Likes

No they don’t. Makes them more unique.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset if they expanded it to other classes with the caveat being they are stuck in their humanoid visage permanently except when flying if they aren’t the new class

1 Like

DH says hello

4 Likes

Why would you quote the joke in the post which was even pointed out as a joke in the next line? lol

Regardless, to elaborate… the CLASS not having a tank is fine. The RACE not having one is what I take issue with.

6 Likes

Why the caveat? That gets rid of the entire appeal of them. lol

4 Likes

The humanoid appearances are unique

The caveat is because it seems pretty obvious they didn’t want to spend the extra time rigging all the class animations

1 Like

If…they get to be shamans…I hope they get a cool or cute dragon themed totem like vulpera got their little fox totems. That or hey let the dragons be big and intimidating and fierce and leave all the cute stuff for us vulpera. Still would love more option with the dragons though… not too happy with their mortal forms having very little options and giving all of them the same body and dance is just…a big deal breaker for me. I mean why play an expansion if Blizz is going to cut corners and skimp on even a little of it. Come on Blizz…no more cutting corners you’ve got a lot of work to do if you want your player base to increase again.

4 Likes

This is honestly the only reason I think they don’t want to add any other classes.

I’m still going to hope that they will consider adding just one additional one (or a tank spec) simply because locking a whole group of players out of the new race sucks–especially when it’s a race folks (including me) have been waiting for for nearly two decades. Well, waiting/asking for something similar.

I know it’s a bit of extra work to rig models and make sure the animations work but it’s honestly not that big of deal. I’ve made a few animations for Skyrim in the past. Tedious and time consuming but that’s about it. Considering all of the animations they’re recycling they probably have someone that could do it. :laughing:

3 Likes

I hope they’ll have more than just Human/BE form a Humanoid one. Cause its proven they take other Humanoid shape too.

Gnome aka Chromie
Other Night Elves Aka most of the Green dragonflight
Goblin Aka during a mage Hall quest in Legion

Also they can be female dragon with male Humanoid shape. Aka in the case of the goblin I recall Mylagos or Kadghar wondering if she was still using a girl form.

Also it would be cool if they could keep humanoid shape for Healing and Dps in dragon shape instead of all in dragon shape

3 Likes

Maybe they will later on or after the expension. Cause right now they know nothing of the outside world. But during the xpact or at the end they will have so maybe they will earn new Class

1 Like

Players: Hey can you loosen up the class/race combinations?

Blizzard: Here’s the new class that is locked to one race.

22 Likes

EXACTLY
DH feels weird without borrowed power, even now I rely HEAVILY on Necrolord abilities as a tank

1 Like

So far it would be nice to have the Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, and Rogue Classes for the race. Isn’t the Dragonkin suppose to have more Classes?

6 Likes

Yes! More classes for the new race would be great. I just wanna live out my lifelong wow dreams of being a Dragon warrior.

5 Likes

in b4 pandaren monk joke

1 Like

Yep! I made a thread for this as well. I’ll copy my suggestions here for class combos I think make the most sense:

• Mages - Norgannon blessed Malygos with arcane powers. The blue dragonflight can use frost and arcane magic. Fire mage spec can easily be handwaved as the Dracthyr using fire magic from the red or black dragonflights.
  • Warriors - Pretty obvious here. Smashing things with swords/maces/shields requires no special teaching.
  • Hunters - Dracthyr that developed close relationships with other creatures on the Dragon Isles and fight alongside them.
  • Rogues - Again, no special teachers required to gain the talents of stealth and subterfuge.
  • Druid - The green dragonflight was charged with protection of the Emerald Dream, so the step to druids is an obvious one here.
  • Shaman - Being a master of and communer with the elements makes sense for a dragonkin.

I think this is an excellent suggestion.

7 Likes

Give Evoker a tank spec for starters, but let Drac’thyr be Warriors, Hunters, Shamans, Rogues, Druids, and Mages.

1 Like