Dracthyr, NEED more Classes

It sounds like Ion is open to Dracthyr being other classes, but not until later patches.
I’m fine as long as it does eventually happen. A blue dragon mage or a black dragon warrior would be sick.

6 Likes

A dragonkin race?

I recall people asking for High Elves, Vampires, Ogres, Naga, Valkyr, Vrykul, Tuskar, even Murlocs, but I haven’t read much about people wanting to be playable dragon-humans.

So? Rogue is locking out 2 specs of players. People want to play rogues. How is it fair that I want to be a healer but I’ve also always wanted to be a rogue and rogues can’t be healers? Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I legit don’t get where you have this random expectation that all new classes should be playable by anyone and everyone or they shouldn’t be added to the game at all.

Maybe the people that designed the class just view it as more of a caster that isn’t supposed to be insanely tanky? It uses spells to either nuke crap or heal crap, right? Kinda like a shadow priest?

2 Likes

Supposedly, Dracthyr are taller than Tauren and Draenei, so that casts even more doubt on them being playable on other classes.

not really, Ztrolls are even taller I believe, and they can be almost everything

1 Like

You literally just argued for warriors without even noticing. Yeah, warriors are trained. You don’t need to have some kind of genetic predisposition to be a warrior. It certainly helps, but it isn’t a prerequisite, so nothing is stopping them from learning. More importantly, why would Neltharion make the Dracthyr and completely remove the natural strength and durability of a dragon? That doesn’t make sense, especially given their physical appearance. Even the slimmer model still looks bigger and stronger than the average Elf.

They can get the weapons from the same place the player character gets them: loot or vendors. You say this like there aren’t blacksmiths throughout the world. Hell, they can even take up blacksmithing

3 Likes

What does height have to do with anything?

1 Like

What I said I currently accurate.

Go level troll.

No, they’re the same height if not slightly shorter. Dracthyr are actually taller than Tauren, by about a head.

good that we agree.
They could get other classes by training under a master basically.

I never argued against additional classes, only that it would take a bit of time for them to actual start training them.

I’m not the one who is refusing to add anything to the discussion, or the one who acts as if other races getting a class somehow “taints” a class. The only ignorant troll here is you, and your commentary shows that. You probably live in your mom’s basement huffing glue, and combing your neckbeard with a barbie brush.

I think you’ll do better with Strawmen in Westfall honestly. I’m not saying the class has to be accessible to everyone we are here talking about the race, but design wise it would seem like adding a spec to the class would be better than going through all the other possible classes and make sure animations and such work. But at no point is comparing people complaining that they can’t fill the role they want to with the new race any where close the moronic example of complain about a class being a rogue.

If the race had more class options then there wouldn’t be this thread, sure you would still have people complaining evoker can’t tank. But most of us would be just happing being a dragon warrior/pally/druid/monk which ever tank we got.

1 Like

Visual issues in groups; If you have a bunch of Dracthyr fighting in melee, fully armored and geared, it can clutter things up for other players.

Clipping and collision issues: If you’re trying to enter buildings and other areas.

Mounts: If the race is too tall, it can again cause clipping, visual, and collision problems.

They also have wings, which exacerbates all of these problems.

Do you have proof that they are taller?

Also none of your concerns matter for them getting other classes, as they could still have a bunch of DPS and healing Evokers doing the same thing, plus they won’t have much armor show up in Dragon form anyhow, which is already confirmed, they also have visage form for door height issues.

1 Like

Ah, I see, though that’s a race problem, not a class problem. Evokers will still have clipping and collisions issues if the race is as tall as you say. The only problem in your list is having several tall melee characters clutter the boss. Even then, they blow up the enemy model in raids, and I think some dungeons, to deal with that issue.

Quite possibly which is not a Guarantee

You literally are though. You are complaining that people who don’t play tanks won’t be able to enjoy the dragon-guy class. That’s exactly like a healer complaining they want to play rogue but also be a healer.

Dragon class doesn’t tank. Deal with it.

I really hope DH get this option as well…

2 Likes

If you want to be intentionally disingenuous, maybe. It’s excluding important information though. lol

Folks have been asking for a dragon themed race for decades. lol

Your argument is a non-starter because it’s based off of flawed logic.

It’s not the class people are taking issue with. The class is fine.

It’s the RACE not having access to other classes (thereby denying a portion of the playerbase the ability to play it at all.)

If you want to play a rogue and heal on a void elf, you can. You just have to select a different class.

Dracthyr cannot select a different class at the moment, though Ion said they may be able to later–and he used fairly strong wording that’s indicative of it being a very real possibility.

No, it’s not a guarantee, but the fact that he was willing to talk about it so early in development, used relatively strong wording instead of dancing around the issue, and gave a specific example of how it could be implemented, it’s a very real possibility.

You’re misunderstanding the difference between a RACE and a CLASS. They are not the same thing. lol

Don’t insult people, friendo. I know some folks are trolling but we ought to keep this as civil as possible.

3 Likes

DH only has its wings if needed and they are likely not the strongest for flying.

Dracthyr on the other hand are born with wings.