Dracthyr Naming Conventions Revealed?

Mine’s gonna be “Greenone” or “Redlizard”

1 Like

Will they be neither green nor red? Like those false-advertising tank and healer names where the player gave up on the role and just went deeps years ago?

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that but yes.

Goldtank here I come

(I’m the blue one)

2 Likes

I remember the -th from the dragon riders of Pern. all those dragons had names ending with -th

I’m not clever enough to come up with novelty names. That’s why I need the naming conventions. :frowning:

2 Likes

If you do something incomprehensible, people pretend to get the joke because they’re intellectually insecure.

It’s also a double-blind. You know it doesn’t mean anything. But “how do you not get it?” goes a long way.

I was thinking Auormi :thinking: I’m open to suggestions that utilizes the Au. Shooting for Bronze Dragonflight lady. Autari is also what I have. Kind of makes me giggle due to it sounding just like Atari.

Will do. I just got home and checked, but the alpha servers are down right now. Hopefully I can still get in to the starter area once they are back up.

Okies, here’s some things for ya!

Scalecommander-Emberthal

Also, bonus - new name and pic to go with:

Atrenosh-Hailstone

3 Likes

I have three straza names saved, I’ll pick one at some point. Since we can only make one

Per server. You can make another on any server when you have a level 50. They did not want people spam creating/deleting to infinitely farm mounts and the like, I suppose.

1 Like

I like the sound of Aurathel, to borrow a Dracthyr suffix. It keeps the auric root to denote gold, has “aura” in it that could allude to the prismatic nature of the race, and finishes it off with something specific to Dracthyr.

I have my share of -dormu and -strasz and -ygos names saved, but I do think they’ll all need to go in the bin.

I’ve already got my names saved.

For Alliance a green named Snoozle.
And Horde will be a black named either Spicybelch or Spicyburp.

I don’t usually play on RP realms so realistic names don’t interest me and unless Drakthyr really impress me to the point I want to play them seriously then they get silly names.

Though with color being seemingly a big theme in their naming conventions it makes me interested in what sort of names they will have in the random generator. It might pay off to hit that a few times first and if you see something you like and save the customization till after to build it around the name.

I’m no lore expert nor am I much into RP, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I did some poking around that MAY be of use to someone. Apparently suffixes help determine what flight and gender a dragon/drakonid/drake may be part of. We know there are 5 flights: Black, Blue, Bronze, Green, and Red. Generally recognized suffixes as follows:

Black: male: -ian or -ion; female: -ia
Blue: male: -gos; female: -gosa
Bronze: both can be -ormu, females can also be -ormi
Green: male: -us; female: -ra
Red: male: -strasz; female: -strasza

While those are the most commonly seen suffixes, they aren’t the only suffixes which can be used. If I need to make corrections/addendums, lmk. Hope someone finds this useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not quite accurate. Dragons and drakes (being young dragons) do follow these conventions. Drakonids do not. Nor do Dracthyr, as we have seen in alpha. They’re separate species and, for good or for ill (since I and many others have reserved names with typical dragon conventions) these rules do not apply to them.

Still, if someone wishes to use them, who am I to stop them? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, good to know regarding drakonid/dracthyr. I knew there was a looser connection with those. If my info is correct, however, drakonid do serve their respective dragonflight, so I guess where I was going with it was depending on how creative someone wants to be, they can use the suffixes to nerd out a little more, i.e. they want to be a healer, so green - they may want to use -us or -ra. Just food for thought. Thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m tossing around the name Bytalth, myself.

Okies, here are a few more names I have jotted down.

(Bear in mind, some of these are NPC’s, and some are actual mobs you fight. At this point, I’m just taking down names lol. Obviously I put Wrathion in there, because it’s fun to see him.)

Kurog Grimtotem (NOT dragon kind, at least that I can see).

Scalecommander Sarkareth

Ekrazathal (Brood othe Incarnate)

I just went exploring into the siege creche, and found: Venagosa - deceased

Ketess (The Pillager) rare - Says beast, but seems to be one of the pseudo Dragonkind ones.

Ebyssian

Wrathion

Kretchenwrath

Razageth (The Storm Eater)

1 Like

Was this one a Dracthyr?

Also, who does this name belong to? Another Dracthyr?

And on a complete sidenote - are Dracthyr able to speak Draconic?