Uvoker
Haughty
Pirau
Dakronota
Beautious
Mary
Strawb

3 Likes

More for the NPC names. To see if we can glean some patterns from which to create lore-friendly names. Effort appreciated, regardless.

4 Likes

I’ll have to go through there again to do that, create a new toon for it and all that. It may take a day or two. Lemme see what I can do. I’m multitasking this weekend, ha. XD

2 Likes

That would actually be incredibly generous of you! Thank you for considering it, at least.

2 Likes

Okies, I just got out of the creche, and these are the names that were in there:

Kodethi (Dark Talons)
Tethalash (Quartermaster)
Talon Kethahn
Lapisagos
Dervishian
Scalecommander Azurathel (Obsidian Warders)
Scalecommander Cindrethresh

4 Likes

Wasn’t that the Dragon?

2 Likes

Wait a minute… Samuel and Mary are Dracthyr names??? :rofl:

You are so awesome for doing this. I know it might not look like a big deal to most, but for the RP community it is pretty awesome! Would you mind if I quote you in some places so more roleplayers can see? =)

Thank you! You are such a nice human being :heart:

3 Likes

I reserved the name Axel for my dragon. <3

Apparently Dragqueen is restricted, as well as variations such as Dwagqueen.

Luckily, Dwagqween wasn’t lol.

1 Like

I’ve saved a ‘few’ names for myself and friends to use. Some of which are surprising they were available.

Imgur

2 Likes

Yes, it is. You first see the name pop up in text, giving orders to stop the dracthyr, before you actually see him at the end of the creche part.

Lol, yeah, it’s what I saw some folks with in SW and when I did a /who (which had been broken apparently at some point, or in some areas? idk, it worked for me in SW last night).

All good - happy to do it. :slight_smile: And, sure, have at.

I’ll try and go through some more parts of the intro area today, so should have some more names coming for y’all.

2 Likes

mines gonna be pewpewchargeup

It’s because royal titles such as Queen are banned from being used in character names. Pretty sure this is a holdover from older games the original devs played like Dark Age of Camelot where you could actually earn these titles in-game and they didn’t want players devaluing them. WoW has no such realm system, though, so it comes off as strange. There’s a filter on trademarked characters, too, and it’s wildly inconsistent.

2 Likes

They poached a lot of restrictions from DAoC without any of theme content that necessitated those restrictions.

1 Like

Here are a few more for you good folks:

Scalecommander Emberthal
Fusethrian (Rations and Hydration)
Scalecommander Viridia (The Healing Wings)
To’No (NOT dragonkind)
Ko (NOT Dragonkind)
Explorer Ko’nali (NOT dragonkind)
Explorer To’noro (NOT dragonkind)

1 Like

Fusethrian is an odd one. Black suffix, but still has that “th” in there, and the root word is referencing a manufactured item rather than a natural one. Almost seems more Dark Iron than Draconic.

I have decided that while the naming convention for Dracthyr isn’t exactly a concrete system like it is for the Dragonflights, I am going to treat it like it is and find words and synonyms that match the Dracthyr’s color, and add a suffix to it. It’s simpler to work around, so I’ve made a bronze/gold Dracthyr name Halcyoni.

I would personally try to toss a “th” in there somewhere, as they seem so prevalent thus far.

idk if it would help, but would you like a screencap of this npc?

1 Like

That’d be cool, too! Just to see how closely the names align with appearance.

1 Like