Dracthyr Human Forms SHOULD be usable in combat

OP is right.

Have a glyph, have Deep Breath and other attacks use the dragon form for a moment, like demon hunters do.

Super weird that they have an entire new race with cool hair, body options ,etc that won’t show up most of the game.

Just let us fight in humanoid form if we want, and let them be other classes!

3 Likes

I really don’t understand why some people aren’t willing to stand in the middle ground here. It’s a new class locked onto one race. A race designed with having a second form in mind. A race where the 2nd form is very detailed and good looking.

And some people are acting like it’s a cardinal sin to want to see that 2nd form in combat. They lose nothing by other people having the choice but they are against it. It’s petty.

“Well i want to be a big dragon all the time, so i think everyone else should too and i will not accept compromise” Instead of “Well i want to be a big dragon all the time, so i will, and i’m not going to be bothered by other people wanting to use the visage form”

I’m not even opposed to the dragon form itself but i want the option. It’s a new race, it has new lore, let this race be as versatile and variable as it could be instead of placing restrictions on what it can and can’t do with its two forms. At the very least i want the option to be automatically shifted out of dragon form when combat drops instead of needing to press the button mindfully every time.

8 Likes

Exactly this, and the old strawman of “then just don’t play it” has no bearing in the conversation here because the race is locked to the class and vice versa. At least with Worgen, I could play all but the Druid class on a Human, but now I am locked out of Evoker if I don’t like Dracthyr and locked out of Dracthyr if I want to play a tank or melee damage dealer.

EDIT: My quotes keep disappearing on me…

3 Likes

(it doesn’t let you fully quote somebody if they’re the post directly above you)

You can tank out of bear form with disguises. Literally can go druid and tank as any humanoid with the animations they have. And if you transmog the fists they can punch stuff like an avatar.

Druids also have 4 specs and in healer you can fully see your transmog and glyphed moonkin form.

Well that is just stupid.

Because you’re a dragon experiment that shoots fire from your mouth while flying over top of mobs.

2 Likes

That or give the other races those customizations. And I wouldnt be so bothered. Mostly the hair styles and tech for two tone hairstles.

1 Like

Which is a limitation Blizzard created for themselves. They could always not impose the obtuse restriction. Undead in lore are burned by Holy magic yet they can cast it and be healed by it…

1 Like

You’re a dragon experiment, not a mortal. You should be in your actual form.

The mistake was giving humanoid forms.

3 Likes

According to Wowpedia, Neltharion created a new race using the essences of dragons and mortals.

The dracthyr are an ancient race of humanoid dragonkin. They have the ability to wield the magic of all five primary dragonflights as evokers, and, like true dragons, shapeshift between a draconic form and a humanoid visage.[1] The dracthyr were created in the ancient past by the black Dragon Aspect Neltharion, who combined the essence of dragons with the adaptability of the mortal races to create a race of ideal soldiers.[2] Neltharion crafted the Forbidden Reach off the coast of the Dragon Isles to serve as the dracthyr soldiers’ training ground, but after a terrible battle, the island laid dormant and abandoned for ages. Recently, however, the return of an ancient enemy caused the dracthyr to stir, and they now seek to forge their own path in Azeroth by joining both the Alliance and the Horde.[3]

I would like this if they do this, sounds really fun. Imagine World pvp, players and NPC’s on fire. Roasty toasty Taurens, steak is what will be for dinner.

:panda_face:

We really didn’t need more humanoid forms.

:panda_face:

1 Like

Yes. And they’re a lot like Maloriak.

I agree, I would at least like the option to choose which form I am predominantly in. If I chose to be in human form in combat, it would be really cool to have some abilities trigger the dragon form similar to demon hunters with metamorphosis. And like you were saying, the dragon aspects can choose whichever form to be in at any time. The humanoid forms have a lot of cool customization options that do make them look like dragons and not your typical human/elf and it would be a big shame to have the race be like worgen

2 Likes

Error: point missing. Please try again.

Point isn’t missing. You just don’t like it.

this is all that needs to be said, there are so many spells that spawn wings out of our characters lol, its not rocket science.

I feel like this could be solved so easily by:

Glyph of Mortal Visage
Item Level 11

Race: Dracthyr
Use: Your Mortal Visage will now persist in combat. Some abilities will briefly transform you to your Dracthyr form and revert to your Mortal Visage when complete.
Requires Level 11

4 Likes

From Wowpedia:

The human Malory was a bright young alchemist until he was kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn. The result - Maloriak - is a bumbling minion who possesses only a dull of his former intelligence.

Sounds completely different from Dracthyr. So again, point missing. Try again.

1 Like

That’s a lot of feeling and entitlement for something you didn’t know existed until 2 days ago.

It’ll be the same way that worgen are. Regardless of what you think it SHOULD be.

Breathe dude.

2 Likes