Dracthyr Human Forms SHOULD be usable in combat

What is the point of FORCING us to use the dragon form? I understand perhaps for the Devastation dragon breath form you transform, but why as Regeneration should I be FORCED to be in dragon form? It makes zero sense canonically and is simply just restrictize. Why give us all of these cool customizations for this race if we’re NEVER going to see it doing any type of meaningful content. For Worgens it makes sense because they are cursed. But as a Dracthyr im literally imbued by the Dragonflights and can clearly control my powers regardless. Please for the love of god give us like a glyph or something to stay human out of combat. Im begging you blizzard. I will genuinely not play them if i have to be stuck in that goofy form. I dont care about the barbershop armor styles you can put on it. I dont care that the snouts or customizable. I dont care about the scales. I dont care. I’ve played WoW since I was 9 in TBC and I remember being around 14 doing Cata dungeons and seeing Nozdormu. He is one of my favorite characters and I was so excited to finally make my own Nozdormu-like character just to find out im gonna be forced to look like a scaly worgen. Fix it please. It hurts nobody. Its just restrictive.
EDIT: Not to mention that Dracthyr are the ONLY race who can be Evokers- by letting us use our Human forms would allow us to “be” other races by not forcing us into a dragon form aka- MORE customizations while staying true to the lore.
EDIT 2: “They can’t use their powers in human form” does not hold any water as a response to this because the dragon aspects quite literally imbued the DRAGON SOUL while in human form… Their powers do not go away when in human form… Obviously SOME spells will require you to shift for a short period of time the same way Demon Hunters use eyebeam. Its not that complicated.

80 Likes

If they go the Worgen route with human forms just being some optional thing that no one will ever use, it’ll be so stupid.

36 Likes

Although I agree, it then brings up the question, why lock Evokers to Dracthyr?
I don’t think they should. But I think we should either ask for more races - or leave it as permanent dragon form. It’s wasted breath and divides the communities wishing by asking for Dracthyr human form.

All I know is if I can be any other race as an Evoker, I’ll reroll. But I’ll not be playing a Dragon on my main. I just can’t do it.

1 Like

Every single customization option they made for the “visage” form will literally be wasted because any time you’re doing dungeons or raiding or pvp, accomplishing something, youll be looking at the dragon form. I hate it so much

31 Likes

To say that we should offer Blizz the ultimatum of “more races or leave it permanent” is not good for anybody. Nobody wants there to be less choice. We can have both things at once. By opening up the visage customizations to appear as more races we can achieve the same thing as them being “other races”. I say that because Dracthyr, just like the dragon aspects, are Dragons first, humans second. It doesnt make sense for a gnome to be imbued and become an evoker, but it DOES make sense for a Dracthyr Evoker to make their visage form appear as a gnome.

4 Likes

What is the point of have a dragon that can’t be a dragon in combat? Their power comes from what they trutly are, not from a humanoid disguise. You can’t change the nature of a dragon because you think it should be a disney princess.

Also, Is just your taste and the game already have many pretty races for you. Now is time for monster races. Don’t be selffish! the game will not be entirely developed acording your personal taste. You already have all your elf variants to play.

28 Likes

the visage is just an illusion. The features of the dracthyr skeleton that allow it to use dragon flight I believe is used in evoker. I don’t think it’s possible from a technical perspective.

Why be a dragon to be an elf. Just be an elf. The point of dracthyr is to deliver that dragon Fantasy. Dragon powers. Dragon flight.

13 Likes

On the expansion screen it says

“Dracthyr Evokers freely switch between two customizable forms”

So I’m hoping that indicates we can stay in human form … I know it’s reading a lot into it.

they have said you will be fighting in dracthyr. I think it is required. they make use of the dracthyr flying animations.

3 Likes

It doesn’t.

4 Likes

Greg Burke : So regardless of how the new race looks, will we be able to play our mage-like abilities in and out of human and Draco form, or are we going to be permanently stuck in Draco form when we’re in combat?

Tina Wang : You are all going to be in Dracthyr form when you are in combat.
https://www.wowhead.com/news/more-dracthyr-customizations-face-shape-bulkier-or-slender-torso-326793

There’s only going to be Dracthyr form, while in combat. Just like with the Worgen.

5 Likes

I’m going to link something from another thread…

11 Likes

This is going to be the same exact argument as when they released Worgen 12 years ago. You’re not going to win this one either.

If you want to be a human/elf in combat, roll a human/elf.

18 Likes

I don’t think it is possible. It uses the dracthyr skeleton. The same one that they use with flight. The things humans and elves lack.

I think dracthyr is limited by technical reasons to evoker. Those same limitations limit evoker to dracthyr

1 Like

Evokers are locked to Dracthyr. Thus i cannot “just be an elf”. Also why is advocating for MORE customizability met with such hostility telling me to “get over it”. They literally have human forms. the 4 aspects literally imbued the Dragon Soul in their human forms

13 Likes

ah yes allow me to roll human or elf on a class locked behind 1 race. If blizzard want to not give players customizability we will keep quitting and the game will keep dying.

1 Like

their human or elf forms could very easily use the default spell animations for basic casting spells. Anything that requires a special animation such as the flying breath attack could very easily swap you into dragon form automatically and then transform back into human form afterwards the exact same way that Demon Hunters do when they use eyebeam

7 Likes

Silly Druid, you won’t be playing a dragon. You will be playing a gmo dragon elf hybrid. “Cannon” does not exist here.

1 Like

after this last expansion clearly it doesnt. But i sure hope they didnt forget about what happened in Cata when Thrall imbued the Dragon Soul with 4 Dragon Aspects channeling all of their power IN HUMAN FORM

1 Like

I am aware, which is why I made the post because I know many people agree with me and want to use their humanoid forms and i wanted to create a thread for people to vocalize it

3 Likes