Dracthyr Human Forms SHOULD be usable in combat

No, it sounds like Moonkin saying “you know whats absolutely stupid? not ever being able to see our armor.”

This entire class is limited to shoulder pads and some tabard accessory you picked up at the barber. I mean, AYFKM?

2 Likes

I had to laugh in the interview with the person from the art team.

When she had to admit you’ll be in dragonform during combat she was all “yeah but we’re putting so many customizable options in for the dragonform.”

Just the asking of the questions shows that players want the option and she had to put the PR spin on it …

Quote from above: To this day Worgen’s make up less than 2% of the population because of this decision. Because Worgen’s don’t really get to choose.

This. So much this.

4 Likes

Bears and cats are the same way, it isn’t like my tier set shows up on my sparkle cat.

I will say it is disappointing that the armor won’t be on the dragon. But that is a separate issue to what the OP brought up.

1 Like

It’s not just a seperate issue, it’s a compounding issue.

That dragon form lacks real transmog makes it a much worse excuse.

At least moonkin have glyph of stars.

It’s not like every cat and bear aren’t asking for more customization options too.

1 Like

And you know the extent of the dragon customization? Because they already have more options than bears and cats from what little we’ve seen.

You may as well see it as a Druid form for combat for how it actually works. Cats and bears are naked. Dragons have some options.

And I stand by you should be a dragon in combat. Their moves clearly use their bodies which is why the class was limited to dragons.

2 Likes

Dragons aren’t worgen, they’re not cursed to be dragons whenever they’re mad. Dragons can fight in their mortal visage forms, especially when just spellcasting, which is what evokers do.

The dragons are highly limited on what you can actually customize about them. They can only wear shoulder, belt, and tabard transmogs. This would be different if they went all in on the dragon form and the visage form was just standard elf or human model, but this is the opposite. They worked really hard on the visage and the dragon model feels lower effort.

There is nothing wrong with choices. If people want to be dragons all the time then let them, if they want to be dragons only when necessary then just let them, it hurts nothing.

4 Likes

They have said that when using normal flying mounts (and I assume ground mounts too, but they werent mentioned) that you would be in the humanoid form.

‘Because being a dragon riding a dragon is weird’

“Because giving demon hunters and evokers a flight form that works like “running wild” is too obvious and cool.”

2 Likes

That’s why I said like Druids. In combat, we use our abilities in bear and cat form. Dragon form is your combat form. You’re asking for a bear to be able to tank out of bear form with asking for the dragons to not fight in dragon form.

You’re playing a dragon and a class that is based on that dragon, including the fact their spells and abilities use their full body (wings, mouth, etc). As far as customization goes, it isn’t like armor shows up on bears and cats. The form is customizable, and they’ve already said it’ll have more options than what we’ve seen.

Again, I am disappointed the armor won’t show up on them and I hope that can be addressed. But you’re playing a dragon race and a dragon class.

3 Likes

And they can make it so they temporarily transform for these abilities, as a demon hunter does when casting eye beam, chaos nova, and infernal strike. To me that would be visually cooler than just being the dragon all the time

As i said, it would be different if they went all in on the dragon form customization, because that is the race, but they did not, they went all in on visage customization, and to not see it ever would just be unfortunate.

It’s not like the visage form lets you ignore the fact that you’re a dragon either, you still have horns and scales and dragon eyes. They look great, and people want to see that in combat.

Blizzard wanted players to be able to express themselves through dracthyr and it’s not wrong to want them to follow through on that promise.

1 Like

That’s a problem in its own right. I just hope that Blizz does not repeat this mistake when they have an opportunity to make it better.

Demon Hunters are Elves. Dragons are dragons. That isn’t the same thing and it most definitely should not work like that.

The entire point of limiting the Evoker class to the race is so they can use the dragon body. They are not Elves/Humans with the powers to be dragons, they’re dragons who can look like Elves/Humans. The actual race of what they are is the dragon race, first and foremost.

4 Likes

Oh it is. The armor not appearing on dragons (and extended to Druids) is a separate problem entirely that I do wish there was an answer to.

The OP is asking to play a different creature than what we’re getting and that’s the part I’m annoyed by. Especially because the visage form is just another freaking flavor of Elf after Elves already get more love than any other race.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone is arguing against this point. The point we’re (or at least I’m) trying to make is that because they CAN look like humans/elves…I want to be able to.

2 Likes

Dracthyr are just dragon druids.

I really hope they reconsider the “always dragon form in combat” thing. It ends up invalidating all the time and resources spent on the visage form customization, and it flies against the whole idea that the devs want to give us more freedom of choice and self expression.

What I’d like to see is that, if the visage form is toggled on, then any abilities requiring the dragon form animations switch us to dragon form for the animation, then switch us back to visage after its finished so we can remain in visage form during combat when using abilities that don’t require the dragon form animations.

6 Likes

Which means you want an Elf Evoker. Which is not what the class/race is. That’s what I’m getting at.

Not everything has to be combat based. People like the customization options, and you can choose to use it all the time outside of combat. It isn’t useless just because you can’t be an Elf Evoker.

2 Likes

It’s about development time. Art assets are time consuming and this would double or more the amount of animation work needed.

Dragons, in canon, don’t see their visages as a falsehood presented when not fighting. They see it as just another part of their identity, equally true as their dragon form. They can fight like that, and we see dragons that choose to fight in their mortal forms all the time.

This limitation doesn’t need to exist because “they’re dragons they should be dragons” it should be a personal choice as it is for dragons canonically. That’s all any of us are asking for, and choice is what blizzard emphasized when presenting this race to us.

6 Likes

No other race can be an Evoker however; that is the difference.

1 Like